Just Saw This In The Nation Newspaper

mouse

Thaksin arrives in London

Outgoing Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in London on Monday, the Thai embassy said, on the first leg of a diplomatic tour to explain the current Thai political situation to his counterparts.

Thaksin, who stepped aside earlier this month after weeks of street protests, was to meet the leaders of Britain, France, Russia, Japan and China before heading back to Thailand this Saturday.

Thaksin is scheduled to meet British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Monday before heading to Paris for talks with French President Jacques Chirac on Tuesday.

Edited by mouse

Outgoing Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in London on Monday, the Thai embassy said, on the first leg of a diplomatic tour to explain the current Thai political situation to his counterparts.

Thaksin, who stepped aside earlier this month after weeks of street protests, was to meet the leaders of Britain, France, Russia, Japan and China before heading back to Thailand this Saturday.

Thaksin is scheduled to meet British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Monday before heading to Paris for talks with French President Jacques Chirac on Tuesday.

in my opinion he is still premier, just he let the his cronies make the signatures. He did not step back, he only told in the new gouverment he'll not be premier again. I think neither in Thailand nor in any other country the premier can point his finger on someone else and tell you are now premier till I come back.

I think the parliament is appointing the premier.

As well he keep beeing TRT boss and it is the only party in parliament.

It is like you are 100 % owner of a company, but no position there. You can make any deal and later order your MD to sign it....

in my opinion he is still premier, just he let the his cronies make the signatures. He did not step back, he only told in the new gouverment he'll not be premier again. I think neither in Thailand nor in any other country the premier can point his finger on someone else and tell you are now premier till I come back.

It is like you are 100 % owner of a company, but no position there. You can make any deal and later order your MD to sign it....

................................................................................

No slight on your post h90 and yes of course he still the puppetmaster as you observe.

The meetings are only alledged don,t forget by his publicity machine and i have yet to read any official confirmations or comments in the U.K. press regarding the so called meeting with the British Prime Minister.

Self importance comes to mind and i doubt he is held in such high esteem internationally any more.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

................................................................................

No slight on your post h90 and yes of course he still the puppetmaster as you observe.

The meetings are only alledged don,t forget by his publicity machine and i have yet to read any official confirmations or comments in the U.K. press regarding the so called meeting with the British Prime Minister.

Self importance comes to mind and i doubt he is held in such high esteem internationally any more.

marshbags

he has still some mega-projects in his pocket, no visit no UK/FR companies....

but not sure if it still works.

Mouse, do you have the source, preferably an Internet link, for this article?

I would like to email Blair to ask if such meeting

1. was indeed scheduled

2. did in fact take place

--------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

Puppet Master :D

I wanted to put " Puppet Master " with an appropiate smiley i,d down loaded but unfortunately i couldn,t edit my original qoute without the space.

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S.

my other favourite is " Kamoy In Chief " which says it all.....................................

keep smiling he,ll surely get the Karma he deserves one day, let it be sooooooooooooooooooooon

Edited by marshbags

From Asia Pacific News on 22 April 2006:
...Thaksin Shinawatra...will meet French President Jacques Chirac in Paris on Tuesday...

The French embassy refused to confirm or deny the report.

There was also the "possibility" Thaksin would go to London to meet British Prime Minister Tony Blair...

... an embassy spokesman could not be contacted...

It is nothing but PR hype for local (Thai) consumption. Probably no meetings of this kind will take place, but that fact will not be reported in the Thai media.

--------------

Maestro