Bike for Triathlon

corkman

Hi All,

I haven't cycled a bike (properly) in years. But I am reasonably fit and have decided to do a Sprint Triathlon, which includes a 20km bike ride.

I don't own a bicyle. I will be purchasing one specifically for this task. If all goes well, then I hope this "triathlon" thing will become an annual endeavor. So I would like to buy something "reasonable" but do not see myself doing anything competative or anything my hard-core than the triathlon routine.

To that end, please could someone recommend (a) what I should be looking at, and (B) what sort of budget I should have.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Buy a reasonable road bike 15- 40K. Teardrop tubes and pitchfork handlebars are the greatest differences between road bikes and tri bikes, but frame geometry is the most important difference. Move the seat a bit forward and up compared to a road bike position or better buy a forward oriented seat post and buy Thailand made reasonable clip on aero bars and your ready to go.

I bought this bike 2nd hand of a mate for 8K.rides lovely round the moo bahn.very bloody quick and smooth

Would live to go on the roads.but I value my life more

post-58526-13827088148959_thumb.jpg

This bike new I don't know how much. (Anyone ?) he changed the tyres 1, 500 each.why god only knows

Its a mountain bike <deleted>

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app