Sure Toyota second hand pick ups

monkeyboots

Anyone got any experience with newish second hand pick ups i.e. a year or so old?

Just test driven one (a Vigo) at Sure Toyota and it all seemed fine. Not being an expert I wasn't sure what could have gone wrong (if anything) during the 1st year when it's still under warranty. Obviously a smash is one possibility but there didn't seem to be any signs. What, if anything, should I be looking for in a vehicle which still looks and sounds in top condition? It's going for 130k less than the brand new book price. Maybe it's just a reasonable deal?

Cheers for any pointers.

on one2car i have also seen many "testcar" advertised, 2012-2013, usually around 150-200.000 thb discount vs. the new prices.

most comes around 10-20.000km in them, and as per picture looks as good as new.

makes one to think it might be a worthy move, vs. buying new.

The current factory promotions on the VIGO are: 50,000 Baht cash discount, free 1st year insurance, and 0.99% interest. Stories from around the web include people who have negotiated additional discounts of 20,000 Baht, 0% interest, and still the standard gamut of freebie accessories.

That potentially makes the used one you're looking at only 60K cheaper now, and if it doesn't come with free insurance, and doesn't have all the standard accessories, it might actually only be 30-40K cheaper than a new one..

If it is only a year old. are there a full two years left on the warranty?

What is the current milage? 

Does the current milage match the milage in the service book?

What is the value if buying new?

Do Toyota's have service books?. Mine does 'nt. Have some plastic card. You can always check the km's on the service bills. I always keep mine for when selling on.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The current factory promotions on the VIGO are: 50,000 Baht cash discount, free 1st year insurance, and 0.99% interest. Stories from around the web include people who have negotiated additional discounts of 20,000 Baht, 0% interest, and still the standard gamut of freebie accessories.

That potentially makes the used one you're looking at only 60K cheaper now, and if it doesn't come with free insurance, and doesn't have all the standard accessories, it might actually only be 30-40K cheaper than a new one..

...and finally I saw a Vigo with a black interior...about time!

The nearest by Toyota dealership around us then definately not on the same page...

no 50.000 cash discount, and if i remember right it is 3.15% interest?

said 0% might be possible, with 50% down payment.

visited them last Friday.

The nearest by Toyota dealership around us then definately not on the same page...

no 50.000 cash discount, and if i remember right it is 3.15% interest?

said 0% might be possible, with 50% down payment.

visited them last Friday.

I don't want to speculate why they are not offering you a promotion that costs them nothing (factory sponsored), but you may want to go shopping elsewhere..

http://www.toyota.co.th/promotion.php?page=detail

There's 50,000 budget from the factory, which can be applied as an increase to your trade-in value, of off the downpayment.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

Where are the times that was said, Toyota doesn't need to give discounts to sell their Vigo's................Hey, that wasn't actually so long ago.

Could it be that they finally acknowledged that trees don't tend to grow into the sky.

Where are the times that was said, Toyota doesn't need to give discounts to sell their Vigo's................Hey, that wasn't actually so long ago.

Could it be that they finally acknowledged that trees don't tend to grow into the sky.

All manufacturers are feeling the glut caused by the 1st car buyer scheme - discounts and 0% finance are widespread now - it's a buyer's market..

Not wanting to go too much on a tangent, but there is currently an advert on Thai TV for the all new Fortuner. Has black leather seats & TRD all over it. P*ss take or ?

This now the 4th 'Fortuner TRD Sportivo' special model since 2004. Differences are a body kit, 18" wheels, TRD struts, a different stereo and some stickers. There's also a TRD Sportivo version of the VIGO. The differences aren't much, nor particularly good value, but the Sportivo's do appear to hold a better resale value than the normal badges.

Not wanting to go too much on a tangent, but there is currently an advert on Thai TV for the all new Fortuner. Has black leather seats & TRD all over it. P*ss take or ?

This now the 4th 'Fortuner TRD Sportivo' special model since 2004. Differences are a body kit, 18" wheels, TRD struts, a different stereo and some stickers. There's also a TRD Sportivo version of the VIGO. The differences aren't much, nor particularly good value, but the Sportivo's do appear to hold a better resale value than the normal badges.

Those stickers are bad-ass!