Accomodation near the Farang beer bar street Loi Kroh Rd?

BWM

1st night in town so hope I got the name right?

Gents, I'm looking for a place to stay for a little while within walking distance to the above area. I'm currently staying at the Mandala House. It ticks the box for the good location but....The internet sucks. Always the case - The nicer the place is the worse the internet is. The room is beautiful and has a lift but I cant do with bad internet. And at 1000B per night lets just say its affordable but I would like to do better.

So on the must list -

Walking to the bars. (my knees are clapped out so can't walk a long way)

Good internet - I'm still doing a tad of IT work and when I'm not going out I like to download some media to watch.

Room - I'm not a room snob at all and actually all I need is a clean room, reasonably bed, fan and hot water shower. Prefer not too many (or none) stairs though because of my knees.

On the want list -

The only thing that comes to mind is I am travelling with a car this time. I have a place to park it at the moment and I think I could work out some longer deal with them if necessary but if the new place has car parking then all the better.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone reads and thinks - hey I know a place or 2 that will suit you!

Cheers.

Do note of course that for almost any mid range and higher range hotel, Agoda's rates are a lot better. Good to have the hotel's own site of course, can always try and negotiate a more reasonable rate. (It's up to 1600 now at Agoda it seems, including service charges and VAT.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Ok time for an update.

First stop was to check out the Night Bazzar Condotel. A little bit further to walk in the heat of the the day than I expected but I made it. The lady out the front eating som tum tells me 600B per night. Daily rate - I think its probably a bit expensive without even stepping inside but ask if I can see a room. No can she tells me. She looks like she is looking for someone to return.......Ok.....Thanks.....Nothing more than that? No? ok.

Next the Lux hotel. Damned if I could find it. I was going off the map on Tripadviser on my phone and I couldn't see it anywhere. I later look it up on google maps and its in a totally different place. If it is where google says it is then its probably too far away anyway. - cheers for the tip anyway.

So I did spot a place called Nice mum lodge? Right off the Loi Kroh rd. Nice rooms - parking, 800B daily and monthly negotiable. I book 2 nights.

I check the internet and its ok. Slow but ok. But then I start reading the signs in the room. Absolutely no smoking. Fair enough as I do smoke but not in the room. I look at the balcony and there is a nice small balcony but no doorway. Only a window. <deleted> I can't climb out there.

So I'm back to looking again.

Ps - The Raming lodge looks very nice but a little too expensive for me. Ideally I'm looking at 1000B or less.

Thanks in advance for any more tips.

re

Next the Lux hotel. Damned if I could find it. I was going off the map on Tripadviser on my phone and I couldn't see it anywhere. I later look it up on google maps and its in a totally different place

the lux hotel is 100 yards past the siam commercial bank

and behind the row of shops where the tesco lotus is smile.png

dave2

post-42592-0-45517300-1380544523_thumb.j

post-42592-0-38334800-1380544557_thumb.j

post-42592-0-76927900-1380544854_thumb.j

re

Try this newish hotel on Loi Kroh 1 just past Number 1 Bar opened this year . Basic Line Hotel 26 rooms restaurant and wine Bar

here ya go smile.png

and theres a car park behind it !

dave2

Do you jump on your bike and go and shoot these or just screen dump from Google Street View?

biggrin.png