Where Can I Buy Good Pies In Bangkok?

davidm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just finished one of Big John’s Cornish Pasties! He is on Thong Lor and Asoke now I think. But they are now available form Villa! It was the best pie I have had here, much better than the pies I have had at the Off Shore, or the pies that Villa normally has. He is not paying me for this – unfortunately.

I have just finished one of Big John’s Cornish Pasties! He is on Thong Lor and Asoke now I think. But they are now available form Villa! It was the best pie I have had here, much better than the pies I have had at the Off Shore, or the pies that Villa normally has. He is not paying me for this – unfortunately.

You might be able to fix his website in return for pies and pasties

Tutsi seems to think the yanks invented mexican food. We have mexicans in Australia too......they all live south of the border and marry their sisters !! And yes Tutsi we do have crocs in the rivers and seas and prawns on the barby too. Dont go swimming in the north of th ecountry becasue a croc will definitely bite you in half like a soggy english chip.

Saw some pies at tops under central Chidlom the other day. Dont know what they are like. Also spotted was packets with 'fresh' burritoes !? Soft flour type ready to be filled with something spicy.............Tutsi may fill in the blanks here ! Looked good ........thought maybe somehting with minced beef, chilli, beans, sour cream etc......great with a few VB's !

how can anyone like Victoria Bitter?...the worst swill that ever crossed my palate. With regard to mexican food, only certain items originated in the US, usually called tex-mex and composed of mexican ingredients like tortillas, frijoles, salsa by fat drunken white texans (George Bush I'm sure has his own recipie for chili). You got to go a ways south of the border to get the real stuff that you won't find elsewhere.

Yeah...I guess there had to be mexicans in Australia at one time or another, marrying their sisters, mixing with white convicts and producing the present variety (aboriginals excluded). Just like black folks can dance, aussies sure can play tennis, surf and do a good barbie bbq. I heard that 'Waltzing Matilda' evolved from a norteno polka called 'Chinga tu madre gabacho' written and performed by a seafaring ancestor of Flaco Jimenez...

how can anyone like Victoria Bitter?...the worst swill that ever crossed my palate. With regard to mexican food, only certain items originated in the US, usually called tex-mex and composed of mexican ingredients like tortillas, frijoles, salsa by fat drunken white texans (George Bush I'm sure has his own recipie for chili). You got to go a ways south of the border to get the real stuff that you won't find elsewhere.

Yeah...I guess there had to be mexicans in Australia at one time or another, marrying their sisters, mixing with white convicts and producing the present variety (aboriginals excluded). Just like black folks can dance, aussies sure can play tennis, surf and do a good barbie bbq. I heard that 'Waltzing Matilda' evolved from a norteno polka called 'Chinga tu madre gabacho' written and performed by a seafaring ancestor of Flaco Jimenez...

Jeez Tutsi...you mustn't have tried some of those Sydney beers. Brit style muck. Terrible. :o

cream pies in the faces of pretentious, pontificating assh*les are lethal...

Edward Teller of atom bomb fame got one...they just about took his Nobel prize off him. Tutsi is a man of peace and wears his laurels proudly

Heheheh a very deep interpretation of slapstick Tutsi :o

• 2 weeks later...

this 'pie' business has turned this forum into an aussie confabulation...I protest. Please indicate how aussie pies are superior to Birdseye chicken pot pies in the freezer in most supermarkets in the US or to cornish pasties or to argentinian saltenas...

grumble, grumble...don't like this nationalist aussie intrusion when it comes to local cuisine...

otherwise...say it loud...cheap thai street food stinks and I would rather have the falang national equivalent whatever it happens to be....

Dr PP...talcum powder?...who can afford to throw talcum powder in rural Thailand?...I suspect that it is either flour or an evil substance manufactured from bones of unsavory falangs with local scent liberally applied...

It is talcum that they liberally apply to beat the sun ... isn't it ? :o

Dr PP...talcum powder?...who can afford to throw talcum powder in rural Thailand?...I suspect that it is either flour or an evil substance manufactured from bones of unsavory falangs with local scent liberally applied...

It is talcum that they liberally apply to beat the sun ... isn't it ? :D

What is it that they apply to beat the Bishop Doc?........... :o

It is talcum that they liberally apply to beat the sun ... isn't it ? :D

What is it that they apply to beat the Bishop Doc?........... :o

They are the blokes with the double cross as I recall Chon. :D

hisss...what is this, some shameful reference to an obscure chess opening?...the bones of innocent falangs are being ground up for local pagan partying purposes and two senior members of this forum laugh and play the Nero number on absurd local stringed instruments?...shame...