Re-entry Permit in Surat

There must be an immigration office at the airport as I am flying on an international flight....Think I may call Samui immigration and ask them. I will let everyone know what I find out.

Customs and immigration are different departments i think.

If you fly abroad there will be immigration. But if they issue re entry permits? I doubt it. Even at Suvarnabhumi one needs a good excuse why one wasn't acquired at local immigration office, before you get one there. (Think travel in the weekend due to unforeseen emergency)

You could try calling immigration in Suratthani city. Maybe they can issue you a permit on your way to the airport.

Just spoke to Samui immigration. They said that I can not do it in Surat Thani Airport and must go to them to get the re-entry permit.

I am sure that you are doing the correct thing in this instance, but I would usually look for a second opinion before I believed anything that Samui Immigration said.

Surathani Airport, just as Samui Airport, is not an international airport. In other words there is no immigration there.

I think you are mistaken last time I was stamped out of Samui by immigration, and immigration still stamp people flying internationally example to Singapore or KL.

• Like 1