Vientiane single entry tourist refused

Hi

I did last week a visa run to Vientiane with a visa run company , i ask for a single entry tourist visa and got refused.

My passport is Greek and i had 4 visas before double entry tourist issued from my country .

Now i got a 15 days stamp ,so what are my options now as i need more time than 15 to get my papers done to marry first , and after apply for non imm O based on marry.

If i do another border run will i get more 15 days ?or i have to fly from Suvarnapum?

Thanks .

I have to say that's very strange you got refused, since you never applied at Vientiane consulate before. On TV Vientiane is considered one of the most "liberal" consulates. I'm sure other members here can offer more insight.

Any land border crossing will give you another 15 days, so it depends where you are in Thailand. Options are Nong Kai (again), Savannakhet, Poipet Cambodia. Or try to find a cheap flight to KL on Air Asia (sometimes under $100 rt), or Yangon Myanmar (saw flights for around $110 a month ago), and get 30 days.

It was not only me that i was refused tourist visa .Two other guys also refused from our group , they were applying for double entry tourist visa.

I think the embassy is very busy and they do not even look at the passports .If they see you have a lot of visas they refuse .

They can be a problem at times at the Consulate in Vientiane. There are a couple of new girls in training at the intake section outside. The man there always has the final say.

I have been going there for visas for nearly 4 years. None of them specifically for tourist visas, always for others, mainly Non B's for teaching and one Hotel Management. Due to constant lack of proper employers, schools documents, I have been given 2 Tourist Visas in the past 2 years to allow the employers time to get it right.

Last week a poster was denied Non B for not having a letter from the head of the Labor Office where the applicant was applying for Non B, stating that the application was being processed, something new.

The last time 4 months ago, without all the docs again, the new girl suggested a "Double Entry", I said sure why not, where really a single should have been sufficient waiting for school documents.

So I am about to head off there again this month and ask for a Double Entry tourist visa again. Since I am not too far from the border, I will do this and then later do the retirement route, save me running to Bangok for Embassy letter at this time. I hope it will not be a problem, one Tourist Visa in this passport.

Suggest you try Savannakhet for a visa. Attaching some kind of financial proof from outside the country to application would help. A bank book from a Thai bank showing transfers in would be the best.

Edited by ubonjoe