Aeon Cash Machines charged me

I take 30,000 baht out of my Charles Schwab account every month using Aeon and a Schwab debit card. I have never been charged a fee. Schwab also charges nothing and I get the Interbank Exchange rate minus 1/2 of 1%. It's about the best deal going.

Same with me and my Standard Chartered Bank account in Hong Kong. No fees on overseas withdrawals anywhere in the world, and only around 0.6% worse than the interbank rate.

Metro Bank doesn't charge anything, silly boy.

You know exactly what I meant - there is a 180 baht charge as its MC not Visa - which if I remember rightly I FIRST pointed out to you - and you ridiculed it - cannot be bothered to look back and show you

As to these cards you mention, I posted about them long before you obtained your info from MoneySavingExpert. So I know all about them.

You may very well know about them but others do not - the info was not for your benefit it was for others - and as you do not look at them objectively - you will never share the overall benefit of them to MOST people

By your logic supermarket potatoes are better than organic homegrown as they are more readily available.

You lost me there - but I am sure you are right

No doubt people would prefer not to cycle money in and out of an account if you can get a near identical account where you don't need to do that.

In your slightly obsessive world it might seem the normal thing to do. Forget and you are hit with a £5 fine.

How can you forget if you have standing orders set up

As for obsessive I am nowhere near as obsessive as you about always being right

It is useful to have VISA debit, especially in some South American countries.

Would not know about that - but I will take your word - useful information for all us

But to say it is the best, based on your odd habits, is just bizarre. I get a better exchange rate via Mastercard and I can get myself to an AEON ATM without drama. They also have the top CC on the market(based on the fact that they have one interest rate for all customers, not three) and I can administer all from one account.

I am not saying they are the best the Best Buy Tables say they are the best - I pick and choose the bits that are relevant to me and my situation in Thailand

Nothing wrong with the N&P accounts. I was among the first to recommend them, if not the first.

And that makes you feel good - doesn't it!

Why not be the first to tell us about your wonderful Travel Insurance policy I see you have failed to share that one so far - or is it made up just to prove a point?

So, take it easy. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

I am very relaxed and will be back in LoS in 3 weeks

There aren't that many annual policies with a 90 day per trip allowance. For once you can look for it yourself, rather than copy and paste.

You stated the Nationwide account as the best whilst denigrating the suggestion of Metro Bank in a rather unpleasant manner.

For many, Metro Bank will be the superior option. The FlexPlus is a bundled account. No good if you don't or cannot make good use of the bundle, so you pushing it as the best is disingenuous to say the least. Perhaps just a poor choice of language on your part.

If the FlexPlus was the best for me, I would already have it. But 45 days is simply not enough and would leave me uninsured.

So nothing wrong with your recommendation of 'best in class' accounts, just be mindful of the way that you do it.

Metro Bank doesn't charge anything, silly boy.

You know exactly what I meant - there is a 180 baht charge as its MC not Visa - which if I remember rightly I FIRST pointed out to you - and you ridiculed it - cannot be bothered to look back and show you

As to these cards you mention, I posted about them long before you obtained your info from MoneySavingExpert. So I know all about them.

You may very well know about them but others do not - the info was not for your benefit it was for others - and as you do not look at them objectively - you will never share the overall benefit of them to MOST people

By your logic supermarket potatoes are better than organic homegrown as they are more readily available.

You lost me there - but I am sure you are right

No doubt people would prefer not to cycle money in and out of an account if you can get a near identical account where you don't need to do that.

In your slightly obsessive world it might seem the normal thing to do. Forget and you are hit with a £5 fine.

How can you forget if you have standing orders set up

As for obsessive I am nowhere near as obsessive as you about always being right

It is useful to have VISA debit, especially in some South American countries.

Would not know about that - but I will take your word - useful information for all us

But to say it is the best, based on your odd habits, is just bizarre. I get a better exchange rate via Mastercard and I can get myself to an AEON ATM without drama. They also have the top CC on the market(based on the fact that they have one interest rate for all customers, not three) and I can administer all from one account.

I am not saying they are the best the Best Buy Tables say they are the best - I pick and choose the bits that are relevant to me and my situation in Thailand

Nothing wrong with the N&P accounts. I was among the first to recommend them, if not the first.

And that makes you feel good - doesn't it!

Why not be the first to tell us about your wonderful Travel Insurance policy I see you have failed to share that one so far - or is it made up just to prove a point?

So, take it easy. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

I am very relaxed and will be back in LoS in 3 weeks

There aren't that many annual policies with a 90 day per trip allowance. For once you can look for it yourself, rather than copy and paste.

You stated the Nationwide account as the best whilst denigrating the suggestion of Metro Bank in a rather unpleasant manner.

For many, Metro Bank will be the superior option. The FlexPlus is a bundled account. No good if you don't or cannot make good use of the bundle, so you pushing it as the best is disingenuous to say the least. Perhaps just a poor choice of language on your part.

If the FlexPlus was the best for me, I would already have it. But 45 days is simply not enough and would leave me uninsured.

So nothing wrong with your recommendation of 'best in class' accounts, just be mindful of the way that you do it.

Like I said - none of this information was for you or for your benefit