Motorcycle carrier for the back of a truck?

thelongshoot

Do you guys know what I am refering to? Its those things - kinda like scaffolding almost - that sits on the back of the truck connected to a tow bar, and you just plonk you bike on the back of it, strap, and away.

Are they available in Thailand?

I realy need to sort something out as im always taking my bike around LOS and its a pain putting it in the bed of the truck, especialy as I have a top up and its a 4 door truck. I could get a trailer but would prefer one of these carry things.

Its for a scooter, so weight not an issue

Thanks!

good idea.

but, is this legal on the roads and OK for tollways?

I have used mine Pattaya to Phuket, Pattaya to Wang Sei Phun, Pattaya to Chaing Mai....and return! Passed hundreds of police, been stopped by a few, stopped at military checkpoints on the road to Ranong (Phuket trip)...and never once raised an eyebrow.

I have one. It's OK for small scooters or bikes....no good for bike bikes. I made some extra supports to stop it rocking. Plus I had to make an adapter to hold it as my tow bar is an agricultural model!

attachicon.gifP2250001.JPG

attachicon.gifP2250003.JPG

attachicon.gifP2250005.JPG

I would suggest that this is way over the top, the ones with a ramp are built for Yank vehicles and are too big for Thai 1 tonne trucks, if two guys can't lift it on (one wheel at a time) the bike is too heavy and should go in the back.

This may be a better bet and although it is designed to fit a towing hitch, it could be adapted, in the UK they are about 60 quid. I had one for my 350cc Aprilia, on the back of my Merc 190, very good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE-CARRIER-MOTORCYCLE-CARRIER-TRIALS-MOTOCROSS-/181220113980?pt=UK_Trailers_Transporters_Parts&hash=item2a318f7e3cpost-103189-0-28147000-1380809713_thumb.

Edited by AllanB