Phuket Immigration

thaigerd

I like a simple life and in my 8 years visiting Phuket Immigration I have made friends not enemies of the stafff there. I am wellcomed with a smile. I dont give a big tip but I always smile and slip em a few hundred Baht and they know this and they even fill out the forms for me. Best to act dumb than a principled smart ass. The first leson I learned in business nobody likes a smart ass they dont want to shag it they only want to kick it. My visits are swift and jolly. I pay for the service the same as I might give a tip to a pretty girl in a cafe or the chap that carries my purchases from Home Pro to my car. It's nice to be nice and it pays dividends. Matters of principal cost time and money here. I would rather pay 200/300 Baht for a trouble free visit than spend 5 hours cooling my heels and beating my breast. I spend no more than 10 minutes in Phuket Immigration on my annual visa and a minute every 90 days. Indeed last time I forgot to sign in after 90 days and was in Bangkok and I asked my wife to go in with my passport and due to my good relations with the staff there they stamped my passport even though I was not there. I believe there is a hefty fine for missing this 90 day stamp? Lighten up I have seen guys like Thaigerd mean moody and waiting for Godot

Consider whether your fun will cause another's unhappiness

2 related stories:

Immigration Police enhanced their officers’ efficiency and apply Thai hospitality in serving visitors under the ‘Sawaddee’ project.

80 immigration officers from Phuket and Samui airports’ Immigration Offices joined a posture & Thai hospitality development seminar under the ‘Sawaddee’ Project which was held during March 6 - 7th, to create better images of staff in their services and tourism industry. Police Colonel Sayan Krasaesan, Deputy Commander of South Immigration Office, said the activity is part of the Immigration Bureau’s policy to apply the Thai hospitality and culture into the efficient services their officers provide to visitors. He emphasized that immigration officers are considered the first people to meet & make an impression on tourists during their arrivals. The project aims at providing better hospitality services, in support of local tourism, especially for international destinations like Phuket and Samui.

Friday 9 March 2007

----------------

Phuket Immigration imposes tough measures to prevent foreign mafia on the island.

The Phuket Immigration police are imposing stricter operations in combating foreigners who are acting like mafia or posing as influential people to prevent any damages they may cause the island. The information was released by the Superintendent of the Immigration Office Pol. Col. Ittiphol Atchariyapradit who stated that the officers have listed such foreigners’ data. If proved guilty, the people, who usually register marriages with Thai women, will lose their residency permits. The officials will also strictly check on foreign teachers’ qualifications with close monitoring.

Monday 12 March 2007

---------

both from Andaman News TV11 (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 Phuket City, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, 8.30am & later on Phuket Cable TV Channel 1 , & www.Thaisnews.com { Our news text and mini-videos can be freely copied, but give credit to Andaman News TV11 Phuket}

2 related stories:

Immigration Police enhanced their officers’ efficiency and apply Thai hospitality in serving visitors under the ‘Sawaddee’ project.

80 immigration officers from Phuket and Samui airports’ Immigration Offices joined a posture & Thai hospitality development seminar under the ‘Sawaddee’ Project which was held during March 6 - 7th, to create better images of staff in their services and tourism industry. Police Colonel Sayan Krasaesan, Deputy Commander of South Immigration Office, said the activity is part of the Immigration Bureau’s policy to apply the Thai hospitality and culture into the efficient services their officers provide to visitors. He emphasized that immigration officers are considered the first people to meet & make an impression on tourists during their arrivals. The project aims at providing better hospitality services, in support of local tourism, especially for international destinations like Phuket and Samui.

Friday 9 March 2007

Very good initiative and needed

----------------

Phuket Immigration imposes tough measures to prevent foreign mafia on the island.

The Phuket Immigration police are imposing stricter operations in combating foreigners who are acting like mafia or posing as influential people to prevent any damages they may cause the island. The information was released by the Superintendent of the Immigration Office Pol. Col. Ittiphol Atchariyapradit who stated that the officers have listed such foreigners’ data. If proved guilty, the people, who usually register marriages with Thai women, will lose their residency permits. The officials will also strictly check on foreign teachers’ qualifications with close monitoring.

asked me straight away for some "extra money" apart from the fee I paid, not only me, all foreigners who came in with the same visa applications.

Who is acting like what! :o

Monday 12 March 2007

---------

both from Andaman News TV11 (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 Phuket City, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, 8.30am & later on Phuket Cable TV Channel 1 , & www.Thaisnews.com { Our news text and mini-videos can be freely copied, but give credit to Andaman News TV11 Phuket}

I have been asked for "additional charges" many times.

It is, IMHO, worth paying to get the VIP treatment.

I give him 2K each time, it is only once a year so no problem.

Will you just stop that! Giving them the ''extra money''.... :o

Pisses me off every time.

You just make it easy for them and harder for the rest of us afterwards.

Why dont you just also bend over while you're there next time or eat an entire doolian if they ask ?

I think Thaigerd did the right thing in waiting it out.

I like a simple life and in my 8 years visiting Phuket Immigration I have made friends not enemies of the stafff there. I am wellcomed with a smile. I dont give a big tip but I always smile and slip em a few hundred Baht and they know this and they even fill out the forms for me. Best to act dumb than a principled smart ass. The first leson I learned in business nobody likes a smart ass they dont want to shag it they only want to kick it. My visits are swift and jolly. I pay for the service the same as I might give a tip to a pretty girl in a cafe or the chap that carries my purchases from Home Pro to my car. It's nice to be nice and it pays dividends. Matters of principal cost time and money here. I would rather pay 200/300 Baht for a trouble free visit than spend 5 hours cooling my heels and beating my breast. I spend no more than 10 minutes in Phuket Immigration on my annual visa and a minute every 90 days. Indeed last time I forgot to sign in after 90 days and was in Bangkok and I asked my wife to go in with my passport and due to my good relations with the staff there they stamped my passport even though I was not there. I believe there is a hefty fine for missing this 90 day stamp? Lighten up I have seen guys like Thaigerd mean moody and waiting for Godot

hmmmm having met Gerd ... and seeing this thread was revived over 3 years later ......... all I have to say is HUH?

Just go behind their office building and look at the cars they are driving..... :o

How true...I have even seen them put the money in their pockets,,,,A female officer had her purse right on the floor next to her and wide opem with loose money stuffed right in!

Mai Pen Rai....Just think what the world wouild be like if thailand enforecd all the laws.....Like what the girls do after they leave the bar?

heartening to see the majority of this thread is opposed to encouraging the bstrds. particularly felt 53's comment referring to, in effect, the convenience of the few inconveniencing the many. phuket immigration has reputedly always been the most corrupt in thailand. taksin came in and put a stop to small scale corruption, hence the 'if you have any complaints' notice (now abandoned), prominently displayed last year. now many reports of downright rudeness, and a flagrant disregard for any 'rules' amounting to outright extortion (and just to get a handle on the mindset you're dealing with here, just why do they make a show of pocketing the money, and leaving their wallets open? peasants). how many of you, when you first came here as tourists, paid a 100 baht tip for a 150 baht massage. a 50 baht tip for a 50 baht tuk tuk ride? or a couple of hundred baht tip on a 200 baht bill at some family run eaterie by the sea? until you began to learn you were unsettling the local economy? and not just that, exclaiming 'oh, that would be ten times as much in my country!' that's how they've all become greedy. and not just for the farang. the locals also. (and for those of you who are about to leap on the 'but we have more money then they have', really, ask yourselves ... why?).

and by the way, those of you who enter the ti office wai-ing, smiling and sawasdee crapping all over the place are making yourselves look downright pathetic, not just to the rest of us, you should hear what the officials say about you. respect and dignity are a two way street.

heartening to see the majority of this thread is opposed to encouraging the bstrds. particularly felt 53's comment referring to, in effect, the convenience of the few inconveniencing the many. phuket immigration has reputedly always been the most corrupt in thailand. taksin came in and put a stop to small scale corruption, hence the 'if you have any complaints' notice (now abandoned), prominently displayed last year. now many reports of downright rudeness, and a flagrant disregard for any 'rules' amounting to outright extortion (and just to get a handle on the mindset you're dealing with here, just why do they make a show of pocketing the money, and leaving their wallets open? peasants). how many of you, when you first came here as tourists, paid a 100 baht tip for a 150 baht massage. a 50 baht tip for a 50 baht tuk tuk ride? or a couple of hundred baht tip on a 200 baht bill at some family run eaterie by the sea? until you began to learn you were unsettling the local economy? and not just that, exclaiming 'oh, that would be ten times as much in my country!' that's how they've all become greedy. and not just for the farang. the locals also. (and for those of you who are about to leap on the 'but we have more money then they have', really, ask yourselves ... why?).

and by the way, those of you who enter the ti office wai-ing, smiling and sawasdee crapping all over the place are making yourselves look downright pathetic, not just to the rest of us, you should hear what the officials say about you. respect and dignity are a two way street.

((still replying to a 2004 thread?))

:o