I Do Get Impressed......

theblether

@soi41 Touched a nerve have I? You're the same guy that came on this forum boasting about watching your staff ripping off farangs on the internet during working hours. Now your on here claiming that your some type of international investor single handedly saving the Thai economy. If I lost 60 employees in 9 years is it? I'd be reaching for the managerial rope.

The fault lies entirely with you, you wandered into the country, took on the work conditions set by the Thai state, and then set about a master class of mismanagement. One of the marks of a successful company is staff retention. Any new manager makes mistakes, however they are supposed to learn from them. It appears that you have failed to do so. So go ahead and get a grip on yourself, a grip on your staff and a grip on your company. Report back next year that you have actually managed to retain some staff and I will be mightily impressed.

@cup-o-coffee, it's obvious you are struggling. That's because you know I am right. The most successful managers find every excuse to blame themselves. If you have as deplorable a managerial record as you yourself have stated, go back to the start and try again. There's a flaw in your company management structure, go fix it and stop moaning at us for your failings.

Blether you don't know, what you are talking about!sad.png

The thread you keep refering to, where I according to you is boasting about my staff "fishing" on the internet,was called "one born every minute", where I was complaining about, that my staff were more interested in finding sponsors or sell body, than doing the job, they are actually paid to do. In other word a lack of work-ethics. At least get your facts straight, before you refer to my older posts incorrectly!

As for the rest of your stupid comments about my management-skills and saving Thailand, doesn't even deserve a reply!bah.gif

Unlike most other farangs here, I have been very successful in running a business here for more than 10 years. But because my staff is making money for me, doesn't mean I have to agree with their attitude to work! And it is not only me, we took over our second shop almost 3 years ago, from a Thai lady, who despite the shop being a good earner, just had enough of headache with her staff.

Staff retention in a massageshop??cheesy.gif What galaxy are you from?

We have two staff, who have been with us on the whole journey, which is normally unheard of in our line of business!

But I know despite actually running a business here for a long period of time, Master Blether in his guesthouse in CM knows better!!

So with acknowledment of my inferiority, I am out. wai2.gif

See, you can't even control your employees when they are below your nose. That's called a management failure.

Annoying that eh?

By the way, when it comes to running companies, your not in my class, that's why I'm relaxing in a hotel in Chiang Mai while my company directors do all the work. If you'd like lessons on how to do it, pm me and I'll advise your free of charge. thumbsup.gif

To be fair to you though, you have had a go in life, all good entrepreneurs share one thing, the resilience to get up and go again. It just so happens I didn't choose to go down the exploitation route.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

I hope you will excuse a simple poster like me ("not in your class") for replying to your post.

You have chosen not to go down the exploitation route?? If I remember correctly, you are a carpet-vendor, who do you think make the carpets allowing you to stay here for months on end?

I have to admire your posting-style. (you are a good writerthumbsup.gif ) If somethig doesn't fit your agenda, like my post #77, you just ignore it and blether ahead!

As for management skills, maybe you are a better business-manager? But sooner or later you will have to back to work. I don't !rolleyes.gif Our shops is a hobby, that creates a very good income for the wife. But not really necessary for our survival. So I might be lacking managementskills, but I have always been very good at making money.

Retired myself at 50, when is it your turn?

Pissingcontest ? Yes ! On your invitation !

Ps You are not very charming with your patronising attitude!whistling.gif

Still enjoy to read your threads though. Created a good one here, after the forum had been asleep for a while.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I replied as I always do to the Thai bashing on this thread, in running his company he has clearly expressed that he has hired people that he felt did not have the skills to do the job he hired them for. Why would a competent business owner hire people he felt were not equipped to do the job, shows a lack of proper staffing of his workforce and extremely poor business decisions. He has refused to state the range of pay he offered and what type of services he offers, if he needs bar girls or rocket scientist.

The applicant should be made aware of the minimum job related skills they must possess and of the range of pay based on their education, work experience, and knowledge.

If he is not receiving the quality personnel to interview, he must look for the higher qualified individual with the work experience and verified work history he desires. If he is trying to get entry level employees without proven employment skills because of the cheaper labor cost and to maximize his profit, then he deserve what he is getting.

Why would I need work related experience with a Thai work force to post on the work ethics of the Thai's I have seen work from dawn to dusk every day of their life, and of the Thai I have employed to work for me in the last 12 years in Thailand and a resident of a hard working central Thai rice growing village. This thread has addressed laborers, nanny's, shop help and the reference to service personnel.

If a person can not pay a decent living wage to his employees he has no business employing them, In Thailand he is very aware of his obligation to hire Thai employees as a requirement to run a company in the country.PERIOD!

Cheers:wai2.gif

I replied as I always do to the Thai bashing on this thread, in running his company he has clearly expressed that he has hired people that he felt did not have the skills to do the job he hired them for. Why would a competent business owner hire people he felt were not equipped to do the job, shows a lack of proper staffing of his workforce and extremely poor business decisions. He has refused to state the range of pay he offered and what type of services he offers, if he needs bar girls or rocket scientist.

The applicant should be made aware of the minimum job related skills they must possess and of the range of pay based on their education, work experience, and knowledge.

If he is not receiving the quality personnel to interview, he must look for the higher qualified individual with the work experience and verified work history he desires. If he is trying to get entry level employees without proven employment skills because of the cheaper labor cost and to maximize his profit, then he deserve what he is getting.

Why would I need work related experience with a Thai work force to post on the work ethics of the Thai's I have seen work from dawn to dusk every day of their life, and of the Thai I have employed to work for me in the last 12 years in Thailand and a resident of a hard working central Thai rice growing village. This thread has addressed laborers, nanny's, shop help and the reference to service personnel.

If a person can not pay a decent living wage to his employees he has no business employing them, In Thailand he is very aware of his obligation to hire Thai employees as a requirement to run a company in the country.PERIOD!

Whoever you adressed the above to, has obviously other experiences than you.

As an opening admission ... I've never had a business here, nor hired anyone in Thailand say, apart from a Taxi Driver, Laundry guy and similar service providers.

As a casual observation, it does appear that a Thai, like many nationalities, when working for themselves or for someone they feel (rather then have) a close bond with, many work extremely hard.

Those however, in the employment of others to whom they feel a remote connection ... work less diligently.

To a point made by the OP (theblether) that the Ladies of Thailand do seem to exhibit a superior 'work ethic' ... I can't refute that.

This post did seem to some up the fairer sexes work ethic ...

The women in Thailand have long been known as "The back legs of the elephant". ...

One thing I am sure of in Thailand, as my girlfriend is often fond to point out ... everyone different.

As previously stated though i do agree with the original thought, the women of this country generally work harder and have more drive than their men.

Indeed, I do percieve Thai woman working harder then Thai men, as you. But then again. When I self reflect, this perception on Thai woman has been established because I have experienced them and not the men.

I believe that is the problem here, these business owners feel that a Thai employee should be grateful for having a job and should accept any amount of salary he is willing to pay them. The people that need a job and accept the position, simply because they need the money, work for him until a better job becomes available to them.

Benalibina, stated "Whoever you addressed the above to has obviously other experiences than you."

That observation is correct, I live among Thai's as the only resident falang in the village. I work with them, party with them and have witnessed first hand what great hardworking people they are, I raised two step-daughters one that just graduated from the university, my wife has a niece in Bangkok that is number 1 in her class with a major in "Chinese" we have two other male family members in the university system that are doing great work academically.

I have had completely different experiences with Thai people, then most of the posters on this forum. most but not all,

The Thai-bashing on the forum is quite obvious, I live in harmony with the people of Thailand and find them to be honest, hard working and happy people!

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

another thread thats gone to rats s££t,

Probably because tourists post their rose tinted view of something and then get upset when some posters who actually live,work or own business's here disagree with what they post ,

I am not a fan of any Thai bashing but having worked here for a while I can understand the frustrations of the posters that run a business.I work for a MNC and we have the same problems with staff that those that run a business here are having. Some people on this thread get personal and question the business operators management skills, when they have never experienced working here themselves.

As previously stated though i do agree with the original thought, the women of this country generally work harder and have more drive than their men.

I don't know why this tourist issue has raised it's head again. I can plainly see businesses here that have no problem retaining staff, just as I can see businesses that do have problems retaining staff. There's always a consistent reason as to why that is the case and it is always management, always.

You can tell me about the difficulties of 90 day reporting ( and I'll yawn ), you can tell me about the vagaries of day to day life, ( and I may lift an eyebrow in sympathy ), but don't tell me about management. Good managers always look for every reason to blame themselves, and once they identify a problem they strip everything back to find the source of it and fix it.

If you are having chronic problems with your staff it's only due to chronic mismanagement. I don't know why you think merely being in Thailand would excuse you from being a woeful manager. I've seen plenty of woeful managers in many countries.

So rather than pull out the tourist "red herring", sit down and have a good look at yourself and what it is you have created that's causing the problem. Good managers always look for the fault in themselves first, then look for the fault in the system.

Bad managers spend all day on the internet splurging about their woes and getting touchy when someone says it's your fault.

Yes, I do get Impressed. Can you please provide dates and venues of your next Speaking Tour.

Look out Tony Robbins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n2-Nar5Jto

• Like 1

You get what you sow, if you can not get quality people to fill you positions then you must look at your pay and working conditions, What are you paying these Thai employees and what are their working conditions?

You need to grow up as a person as well as an employer, you need to sort out what is wrong with your company, if you are not willing or unable to abide by the employment laws of this country, then your business (if in fact you have one) should not be allowed to do business in Thailand, period. Most business shysters have opted to open businesses in Thailand because of the low wages and unenforced working conditions.

The Wages you stated of 40,000-60,000 Baht is starting well below the minimum wage you would have to pay your employees in the states for a Thai with a college degree.

Our daughter a recent graduate of the University, just resigned her first job because of the work load she was expected to do and her employer kept piling extra work on, and against the pleads of her employer, she quit to open her own business.

If you want good employees you MUST pay a decent wage and Must Provide good working conditions.

Regarding the first observation, I do not give up easily. I do not cave in to ineptness and incompetence. I keep gong until I find what I want and then treat it accordingly. If it is a person, I communicate with him or her and express my expectations and what I am willing to provide to the person who can meet those expectations.

Regarding the second observation, I do not need to grow up, if I am trying to meet your expectation, however I am continually growing; yet simply not at the rate of speed that Thais guage their growth. I am well past that.

Regarding your embrace of Thai laws: what Thai laws? Which one, or ones? Who enforces them? Are they perfect? Are they just? Are they racist? Are they not written so vaguely and ambiguously as to allow any Thai authority to bend them to their own sordid will? Do Thais demonstrate the intellectual ability to perform a task without somehow their FACE, their greed, their fear of doing the wrong thing, or how old the person is or what their status is shutting down their thought processes, etc? I could go on all day long about your notions about their laws, and how flawed they are; indeed, how flawed the people who make them are. Just look around (promises / Hubs / crackdowns / guarantees / ...).

Those shysters you make comment on; you will find, are more closely connected with your daily life and routine than you suspect. You may want to opt out of that accusation, as it makes a pot call a kettle black, unless you want to move out into the jungle and become a survivalist.

Regarding your daughter; she seems like an intelligent person, if she has anything to do with you. But that does not describe the millions of other minions being pumped out of these institutional charades.

Yes! I do want great employees, and I do have great employees, and the Thais are good enough, but not great. The Thais I have are compulsory. The government says I have to have them. No choice. They drag along and try to keep up with the pace I set for the foreign employees I have, which is like driving with a flat and no spare. So, again, there is no point in making a point about workers who get the job because they are Thai, and nothing else. That means if they get sacked, I cannot fill the position with a non-Thai. I have to go back to the barrel and dig again and waste more time with the petty and ridiculous hiring rituals and retraining.

This is not about me. That is not a matter of discussion. I do not ask much, but expect a lot of the little I ask. The pay offering is more than enough to live a good life and to plan for a future, but they simply do not get it!

I think any foreigner, had they a choice, would take matters into their own hands and employ productive workers, instead of being forced to dig through a barrel of wormy apples and try to find the best one, and waste a lot of time over it. To have a worker who comes to you prepared and qualified and certified and can do the job... to have a worker who shows up on time and is still working when the end of the day comes nigh... well, I haven't seen it in over 12 years on a consistent basis among the Thais, generally speaking.

Which takes me back to the point: I am not impressed.

First I must say I did not like you post, I meant to press the quote button and hit like instead.

Please do not try to manipulate the issue, you know what employment laws you must adhere to to have a business in Thailand and yes it should be conditional that the majority of your work force to be Thai. As you failed to answer the question of what wage you paid your employees.

It does not make good business decisions to hire an employee that you are not satisfied can do the job for which you are hiring them for, if they are not satisfied with the wages offered or the conditions of employment. It is best to keep looking for a prospective employee that meets you job needs, having to train new workers every 4-6 months is a waste of company resources.

You need to set up a list of job duties the employee is to be evaluated on, if they are failing to meet any of the required job performance, call them in for counseling and write it up and signed by both stating what your expectations are and an appropriate time limit for them to remedy the problem. So if you ever have to go before a Thai hearing to explain firing the employee you have the written documentation in your file to buttress your action.

Cheers:bah.gif

Thanks for crossing the aisle and pointing out what I said before; with the caveat that I am me, and you are you. Big difference!

Telling me what I need, or need to do is gracious, but it does not work that way. You are applying a western template, heavily salted with your conscientious opinions, to a Thai mentality of greed, desperation, manipulation, and a lot of other sordid caveats germane to their mind-beggaring culture. All that crap comes bottled up inside each Thai who comes to an interview, and it is only a matter of time before one begins to experience the circumstances of that bottled up culture. On the other hand, all that crap remains bottled up were they to be enslaved employed by Mum or Dad. That latter part violates your principles, yet you conveniently overlook that part.

But let's get back to the original point of the OP and dispense with how I operate, and how you wish things would be.

Working directly under Mum's thumb has absolutely no bearing on any Thai who comes and works for, say, me. This is entirely an issue seperate from all others. Thai laws do not apply on working for Mum and Dad, and I think you need to direct your conscientiousness towards Mum's and Dad's who drive their children like slaves, or entirely abandon or neglect them to their own devices, yet still expect a large chunk of their "crust" if they ever get wind that their son or daughter is making an earning.

Quit picking on me, kikoman, and look at the numerous violations of your principles being performed by the very people you champion? The irony and lawlessness stinks to high heaven.

Why in hell do yo think Thai partners are always commenting that "You pay too much" when it comes time to dole out the satang? Even the Thais expect it. Applying your principles, I have found, removes that element of "being under the thumb" and creates the worst kinds of lazy "slag-offs" the world has ever been witness to.

But again, maybe you should scold Mum at the noodle stand, for making her 13 year old daughter slave over a boiling pot of chicken broth during school hours instead of kicking my tires.

Am I impressed? Entirely No!

Are you impressed? Clearly and selectively.

I enjoy the conversation with you. You are truly a decent man, but I fear that things simply do not work that way here. People take decency as an opportunity to cannibalize.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Bad managers spend all day on the internet splurging about their woes and getting touchy when someone says it's your fault.

@theblether....your last sentence in the above post, sums it up totally.

With almost 8900 posts in 2 years I'm wondering to which category the OP belongs biggrin.png

• Like 2

Most of the people I deal with when I buy the things I need or do the things I have to are hard working and most of them are the same people working in the same places they wore 3 years ago when I used them first.

I telephone Mai Suai for coffee every month or so and the same loverly girl recognises either me or my wife over the phone takes my order or in the case they have a special tells me about it then packs and sends it and it arrives in a couple of days. No staff turnover there and it seems she is regularly there...not too many days off.

My brread maker after 3 years use began to break down. Took it to Central where the same person who has politely been trying to sell me more goods in the 3 years I have been going to that store took it and sent it to Bangkock,

A few days later got a phonecall from a very nice and efficient girl telling me the repair would be 1500 for a new motor if I wanted it. I did and when it came to sending it I asked them to send it to me and the girl said that it would be more expensive and offered to send it to Central free wwith other goods so I could collect it. good dervice...good worker..

Just a couple of the people I deal with every day.

another thread thats gone to rats s££t,

Probably because tourists post their rose tinted view of something and then get upset when some posters who actually live,work or own business's here disagree with what they post ,

I am not a fan of any Thai bashing but having worked here for a while I can understand the frustrations of the posters that run a business.I work for a MNC and we have the same problems with staff that those that run a business here are having. Some people on this thread get personal and question the business operators management skills, when they have never experienced working here themselves.

I don't know why this tourist issue has raised it's head again. I can plainly see businesses here that have no problem retaining staff, just as I can see businesses that do have problems retaining staff. There's always a consistent reason as to why that is the case and it is always management, always.

You can tell me about the difficulties of 90 day reporting ( and I'll yawn ), you can tell me about the vagaries of day to day life, ( and I may lift an eyebrow in sympathy ), but don't tell me about management. Good managers always look for every reason to blame themselves, and once they identify a problem they strip everything back to find the source of it and fix it.

If you are having chronic problems with your staff it's only due to chronic mismanagement. I don't know why you think merely being in Thailand would excuse you from being a woeful manager. I've seen plenty of woeful managers in many countries.

So rather than pull out the tourist "red herring", sit down and have a good look at yourself and what it is you have created that's causing the problem. Good managers always look for the fault in themselves first, then look for the fault in the system.

Aren't we lucky to have worlds best manager as a member on Thaivisa??whistling.gif

So let me try to give you a report from the real world:

Despite all the rules and regulations we have in place in order to work in our place.

I have staff who:

Come and go as they want.

4 o 5 every day, who "forgot" to put on the uniform (easier to catch a fish by flashing the bait!)

Go home to visit the family for 4 or 5 days. Returns after 2 weeks.

Eat outside the shop despite its a no no. Not very nice to have a massage from some with her hand covered in chickengrease !

Are very good at handing out their mobile #'s to customers, so next time the massage will take place in the hotelroom or the clients home. Meaning no share for the shop, where they picked up the client !

Are not interested in female clients! "cannot, booked already"

And the list goes on and on.

If your rules are blatantly ignored, you have 2 options:

Fire them! They don't care, because 5 minutes later they will be sitting outside another shop 100 meters down the street, taking a few customers with them! Plus the replacement staff will be no different.

Deduct from saleries! They don't care. Most of them have sponsors, who believed their hardship stories. They are only at the shop to eat somtam with their friends, and 4 sponsors are better than 3!

We have to bring in new "unspoiled" staff. It takes less than 2 months for them to be "saved" by some tourist with rosetinted, and they are just like the rest of the group.

So to run a business with staff like that (all similar businesses have exact the same headache) is walking a very fine line and takes some real managerial skills. We have been doing it for 10 successful years now.

So Blether, cut the crap. You are good with words, but don't know, what you are talking about!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

You get what you sow, if you can not get quality people to fill you positions then you must look at your pay and working conditions, What are you paying these Thai employees and what are their working conditions?

You need to grow up as a person as well as an employer, you need to sort out what is wrong with your company, if you are not willing or unable to abide by the employment laws of this country, then your business (if in fact you have one) should not be allowed to do business in Thailand, period. Most business shysters have opted to open businesses in Thailand because of the low wages and unenforced working conditions.

The Wages you stated of 40,000-60,000 Baht is starting well below the minimum wage you would have to pay your employees in the states for a Thai with a college degree.

Our daughter a recent graduate of the University, just resigned her first job because of the work load she was expected to do and her employer kept piling extra work on, and against the pleads of her employer, she quit to open her own business.

If you want good employees you MUST pay a decent wage and Must Provide good working conditions.

Regarding the first observation, I do not give up easily. I do not cave in to ineptness and incompetence. I keep gong until I find what I want and then treat it accordingly. If it is a person, I communicate with him or her and express my expectations and what I am willing to provide to the person who can meet those expectations.

Regarding the second observation, I do not need to grow up, if I am trying to meet your expectation, however I am continually growing; yet simply not at the rate of speed that Thais guage their growth. I am well past that.

Regarding your embrace of Thai laws: what Thai laws? Which one, or ones? Who enforces them? Are they perfect? Are they just? Are they racist? Are they not written so vaguely and ambiguously as to allow any Thai authority to bend them to their own sordid will? Do Thais demonstrate the intellectual ability to perform a task without somehow their FACE, their greed, their fear of doing the wrong thing, or how old the person is or what their status is shutting down their thought processes, etc? I could go on all day long about your notions about their laws, and how flawed they are; indeed, how flawed the people who make them are. Just look around (promises / Hubs / crackdowns / guarantees / ...).

Those shysters you make comment on; you will find, are more closely connected with your daily life and routine than you suspect. You may want to opt out of that accusation, as it makes a pot call a kettle black, unless you want to move out into the jungle and become a survivalist.

Regarding your daughter; she seems like an intelligent person, if she has anything to do with you. But that does not describe the millions of other minions being pumped out of these institutional charades.

Yes! I do want great employees, and I do have great employees, and the Thais are good enough, but not great. The Thais I have are compulsory. The government says I have to have them. No choice. They drag along and try to keep up with the pace I set for the foreign employees I have, which is like driving with a flat and no spare. So, again, there is no point in making a point about workers who get the job because they are Thai, and nothing else. That means if they get sacked, I cannot fill the position with a non-Thai. I have to go back to the barrel and dig again and waste more time with the petty and ridiculous hiring rituals and retraining.

This is not about me. That is not a matter of discussion. I do not ask much, but expect a lot of the little I ask. The pay offering is more than enough to live a good life and to plan for a future, but they simply do not get it!

I think any foreigner, had they a choice, would take matters into their own hands and employ productive workers, instead of being forced to dig through a barrel of wormy apples and try to find the best one, and waste a lot of time over it. To have a worker who comes to you prepared and qualified and certified and can do the job... to have a worker who shows up on time and is still working when the end of the day comes nigh... well, I haven't seen it in over 12 years on a consistent basis among the Thais, generally speaking.

Which takes me back to the point: I am not impressed.

First I must say I did not like you post, I meant to press the quote button and hit like instead.

Please do not try to manipulate the issue, you know what employment laws you must adhere to to have a business in Thailand and yes it should be conditional that the majority of your work force to be Thai. As you failed to answer the question of what wage you paid your employees.

It does not make good business decisions to hire an employee that you are not satisfied can do the job for which you are hiring them for, if they are not satisfied with the wages offered or the conditions of employment. It is best to keep looking for a prospective employee that meets you job needs, having to train new workers every 4-6 months is a waste of company resources.

You need to set up a list of job duties the employee is to be evaluated on, if they are failing to meet any of the required job performance, call them in for counseling and write it up and signed by both stating what your expectations are and an appropriate time limit for them to remedy the problem. So if you ever have to go before a Thai hearing to explain firing the employee you have the written documentation in your file to buttress your action.

Cheers:bah.gif

Thanks for crossing the aisle and pointing out what I said before; with the caveat that I am me, and you are you. Big difference!

Telling me what I need, or need to do is gracious, but it does not work that way. You are applying a western template, heavily salted with your conscientious opinions, to a Thai mentality of greed, desperation, manipulation, and a lot of other sordid caveats germane to their mind-beggaring culture. All that crap comes bottled up inside each Thai who comes to an interview, and it is only a matter of time before one begins to experience the circumstances of that bottled up culture. On the other hand, all that crap remains bottled up were they to be enslaved employed by Mum or Dad. That latter part violates your principles, yet you conveniently overlook that part.

But let's get back to the original point of the OP and dispense with how I operate, and how you wish things would be.

Working directly under Mum's thumb has absolutely no bearing on any Thai who comes and works for, say, me. This is entirely an issue seperate from all others. Thai laws do not apply on working for Mum and Dad, and I think you need to direct your conscientiousness towards Mum's and Dad's who drive their children like slaves, or entirely abandon or neglect them to their own devices, yet still expect a large chunk of their "crust" if they ever get wind that their son or daughter is making an earning.

Quit picking on me, kikoman, and look at the numerous violations of your principles being performed by the very people you champion? The irony and lawlessness stinks to high heaven.

Why in hell do yo think Thai partners are always commenting that "You pay too much" when it comes time to dole out the satang? Even the Thais expect it. Applying your principles, I have found, removes that element of "being under the thumb" and creates the worst kinds of lazy "slag-offs" the world has ever been witness to.

But again, maybe you should scold Mum at the noodle stand, for making her 13 year old daughter slave over a boiling pot of chicken broth during school hours instead of kicking my tires.

Am I impressed? Entirely No!

Are you impressed? Clearly and selectively.

I enjoy the conversation with you. You are truly a decent man, but I fear that things simply do not work that way here. People take decency as an opportunity to cannibalize.

Cheers.

Your last sentence, unfortunately from own personal experience and seen on a lesser scale by others doing business, is correct. But yeah different culture different morals.

1 can only envy klikoman though if his positive experiences are seen through correct glasses.

Edited by benalibina

Cup of coffee,

I am not picking on you, I am just responding to your racist rants about the people of Thailand. That I know is untrue and misguided at best, this is not the first issue we have clashed over, you still use the same tactics of trying to project your short comings onto others and manipulate what in fact was posted.

I totally agree with the OP " I am impressed with the Thai work ethic, and have witnessed their hard-work daily for the last 12 years" for that position I came under attack by you and others for posting to what I know is a fact, acquired by living, working and interacting in a completely Thai world for 8 years in my present village.

I do not know you, and care not what you do, you are a deeply troubled person maybe you are mad at being outsmarted by a rice-farmers daughter and hold a dislike for all young Thai's.

I only know you by what you post and your own words come back to haunt you, your words indicate to me that you are a great part of your problem.

Cup of coffee,

I am not picking on you, I am just responding to your racist rants about the people of Thailand. That I know is untrue and misguided at best, this is not the first issue we have clashed over, you still use the same tactics of trying to project your short comings onto others and manipulate what in fact was posted.

I totally agree with the OP " I am impressed with the Thai work ethic, and have witnessed their hard-work daily for the last 12 years" for that position I came under attack by you and others for posting to what I know is a fact, acquired by living, working and interacting in a completely Thai world for 8 years in my present village.

I do not know you, and care not what you do, you are a deeply troubled person maybe you are mad at being outsmarted by a rice-farmers daughter and hold a dislike for all young Thai's.

I only know you by what you post and your own words come back to haunt you, your words indicate to me that you are a great part of your problem.

Well... so much for the comment about being decent. Decent people do not resort to condescending argumentum ad hominem.

It seems that you are at the end of your patience and fine principles. This is typical, politically correct, goody-two-shoes, "Jesus-loves-me-this-I-know" idealist mentality

Still not impressed, and damn proud to be called a racist by kikoman.

NEXT...!

ding, ding, ding,

round 2

Nope, not from me, I'm a good boy. coffee1.gif

More like that you agree with me in my saying "you don't know, what you are talking about"

If not, please advice someone "not in your class" how to handle the scenario I described in my latest post!

Or is it going to be the usual Blether-style: Big style OP, earning you 10 "likes" from your followers, if someone dare to question you, you get personal and finally, if everything else fails, you hit the ignore-buttom.

On this trip, you have almost become Thai. They too tend to ignore "unpleasant" facts!whistling.gif

With almost 8900 posts in 2 years I'm wondering to which category the OP belongs biggrin.png

Woe there Ranger ... theblether's birth-date (on the Forum) and mine are similar.

Be careful with with whom you tar with that brush.

Generalisations do not apply universally.

While he and I disagree on a number of issues, I believe we share the same common belief that intrinsically Thailand is a good or great place to be and the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.