I Do Get Impressed......

theblether

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the OP here though. If I ever find myself single again you won't find me in Pattaya or Nana Plaza. I've already got a pharmacy, a coffee shop and a 711 girl on the succession planning radar. Decent looking girls who are hard working, pleasant and probably earn in a month what the miserable gogo girls expect in a good night.

• Like 1

To bad that for many of them their marital choices are

a ) a broke, drunk, lazy Thai man

b ) a bald, fat, drunk, lazy farang

c ) a like minded female

Whats to bad about C ??

Nothing unless they prefer the company of a man.

Well they would not prefer it would they.

but as long as they do not mind it, tis ok with me.

Completely agree. I knew one girl who worked 6am to 8pm in her shop every day for nearly 2 years, and was always as smiley and friendly as if it was her first day. Also very helpful and good at her job.

I know thousands of such ladies in my homecountry.

Edited by jbrain

OP, reminds me of the UK not so very long ago. Poor folk would go to the mills or go underground and dig coal 12 hours a day. My own mum had bits of old bicycle tyre nailed to her shoes. No bath, no nothing. Lice in her hair cos no soap, Bombed out of houses, machine gunned in the street at night.

She/they came through that to make her/my country a better place. We/they had to fight for the country it is now.

It wasn't not that long ago that there was no health care or social security there, similar to LOS, but they fought for it with the help of the non corruptible MP's who cared for the working class, the backbone of the country.

luxury.

Most young Thai men are equally as equally hard working and keen to do a good job, its just a matter opening our eyes to see the truth and have a possitive view of young people.

ie give them the chance to prove themselves and their own worth - like the chance most of us where given by older people when we where young.

I have not witnessed the Thai work ethic here in Pattaya. I'm buying a high rise condo and waiting for completion that's 6 months late. There are 2 average sized bathrooms in my new condo and it took 5 men working 7 days a week 4 weeks to complete the job. That same job in the USA would have been 2 days for 2 men. The female house keepers at the condo I live in now work several hours in the morning then sit on the stairs and comb each other's hair and play games on their cell phone until quitting time.

I am delighted to hear there are hard working Thais as I have great respect for anyone that does their best in life. But I think a hard working Thai is an anomaly not the norm,

The ladies have great work ethics. Most seem to be the ones responsible for their families.

My fiancee puts in 60-70 hour weeks at SCB, overtime at the malls on weekends, all to help support her 2 siblings. (and fill her own financial issues since Dad fell ill last year)

Hell I sent her money to have a day off and hit the salon, and she said 'Sorry money would need to go to family' .. selfless to the bitter end

Your quote above work and males ... ya I've witnessed that first hand. Also noticed 95% of the service industry has boobs. Toll booths, retail, restaurant/hotel, banks .. you name it

That work ethic was here a few generations ago (CAN), as others said about the UK. Same with the 'gentleman and ladies' era, which was still around when my Mom was a young girl.

Culture changed immensely in the west in 50 years, can't backfill one baby-boomer with even 2 genXers lol.

The men embraced that, and the women just embraced the iPhones, clothes etc that all costs more

Hard workers?????? don't think so, Thais do impress me with the fact they put in the hours that there not lazy that they get up and go to work but that were it stops, the labour reforms haven't penetrated thai work places and at this point there isn't much need for it due to the fact labour is cheap.

Not noticed 3 shop assistants to one customer? gee I recall walking through the department store at Lad Phrao Central one morning last year, as I looked around I counted 7 staff checking there phones or chatting to each other and that was just in one small area.

I have so many friends who can chat on Skype while they work, that don't happen in AU.

No I don't think they work hard at all they just put in the long hours 6 days a week, there good at looking to keep busy and there telling me there busy, they really have no idea of being busy, as ive said to my friends there, in AU when you get a job it was wanted finished 24 hrs before you got it.

I have so many friends who can chat on Skype while they work, that don't happen in AU.

I find service in Oz to be non-existent which, considering how expensive everything is, is a bit of a joke.

Depends who your dealing with, take Optus, since Singapore Telco took over there gone down and down and down,

And yes it is expensive in AU we will all be refugees soon if nothing is done about it.

Obviously you haven't lived in Thailand or not stayed long there, I lived there last year and boy did I get frustrated with customer service, I have countless stories to tell on that score but wont bore you with it here, in the end its up to management to set a path and achieve a level not going to blame the guy at the front desk on that.

Working the hours in a cafe seems great to me compared to the soggy back breaking work of the rice fields. No tips out there! For that matter hacking down sugar cane isnt much fun either.

Most of you all, have not really witnessed life in a hardworking Thai rice-growing village, where all work dawn to dusk in the rice fields come home and then do the normal house hold chores. and on days off help the family and friends pour concrete. Not only the men but the women more so, my wife and her mother have mixed most of the cement that has been used to build our house, they are much better workers that the pro's of construction that I had work with in the states.

The one lazy mentally challenged town drunk is the exception to the work ethic I have witnessed in my 8 years living in our Thai village!

Most falang's would not or could not put in 12 hours a day , seven days a week on a job that gives you one or two days off per month. as most rural Thai's do year after year.

Most have never seen a Thai work outside of a bar or GO-Go joint and then act like he knows every thing about Thailand, look at the physical condition of the majority of the Thai work force and the overweight expat population and that should indicate to you who are the lazy, pampered ones and who is the hard worker.

Cheers:wai2.gif

Thats one Hell of Chip you got there. Why not mention the Dwellers in Amazonian Rain Forests.coffee1.gif

I can only state to what I lived and witnessed personally, "as Mohammed Ali said those Viet Cong never called me n######r" The dwellers of the Amazon rain forest have never done anything to me.

You made see it as a chip I only see it as the Truth!

Cheers:wai2.gif

Another rich farang being "jai-dee" by handing over his vouchers from 7-11 and his empty bottles to the poor hardworking natives!!

As for the work-ethics of young Thai ladies, let me just say, I don't share your view. Having had (and still have) 50-60 young ladies working for me at any given time in more than 10 years, my experiece tells me, that they don't even know the meaning of the word work-ethics.

The ladies you mention (all respect to them) simply don't have a choice!

Maybe you're a bad manager.

• Like 1

Most of my friends in Thailand work bloody hard, are ambitious and educated. That is why the continuos Thai-bashing on TV really riles me sometimes.

Yes, of course. Good for you. We have an exception to the rule. Those are your friends, aren't they, and we don't know anything about you (what you tolerate / what is acceptable and unacceptable, etc.), and we don't know about the kind of relationship you have with them, do we?

What riles me is people who take snapshot views of Thais (the ones they know and they selectively choose and adore) and build a beautiful little world around that one single snapshot.

• Like 2

Another rich farang being "jai-dee" by handing over his vouchers from 7-11 and his empty bottles to the poor hardworking natives!!

As for the work-ethics of young Thai ladies, let me just say, I don't share your view. Having had (and still have) 50-60 young ladies working for me at any given time in more than 10 years, my experiece tells me, that they don't even know the meaning of the word work-ethics.

The ladies you mention (all respect to them) simply don't have a choice!

Maybe your sour ass attitude makes you a magnet for negative people and no respect!

• Like 2

Most of my friends in Thailand work bloody hard, are ambitious and educated. That is why the continuos Thai-bashing on TV really riles me sometimes.

Yes, of course. Good for you. We have an exception to the rule. Those are your friends, aren't they, and we don't know anything about you (what you tolerate / what is acceptable and unacceptable, etc.), and we don't know about the kind of relationship you have with them, do we?

What riles me is people who take snapshot views of Thais (the ones they know and they selectively choose and adore) and build a beautiful little world around that one single snapshot.

It's a short termed narrow minded protection mechanism that egocentric and other mental midgets use as their standard operation.

The strong work ethic is there for all to see, as many posters have eloquently said (and in fact as the OP has already said in a similar thread some time ago, but I can't be bothered to search for the reference.)

What amazes me is that a self-proclaimed millionaire would actually hand out 7/11 stamps and empty plastic bottles to people he professes impress him (let alone openly boast about). Such largesse must leave his adoring Thai public in awe.

<deleted> cheesy.gif

Grow up.

<deleted>.