Tetley Tea bags in Thailand

Ant tea lovers should check out Sri Lanka. I think the historic name is Ceylon, but the tea is excellent. Not sure if there is a trade agreement with them for import duty? Ceylon is no doubt the origin of many fancy name brand labeled teas. They're black tea is great.

No no no, British people can not survive in life without Tetley tea bags.

The same tea is probably sold under 15 other brand names, including some cheap supermarket house brand, but if Tetley isn't printed on the box it doesn't taste the same.

must of took you a long time to think of that line,

well done,

now go back to your coffee,,

A lady was looking to buy tea and I saw her eyes scanning my teabags. She was holding a Japanese green tea. "Is it good?", she asked. Well, it's a completely different tea.. that is Japanese tea. She immediately grabbed the last box of PG with a smile on her face. The World can always rely on an Englishman to mark out a good tea.

A lady was looking to buy tea and I saw her eyes scanning my teabags. She was holding a Japanese green tea. "Is it good?", she asked. Well, it's a completely different tea.. that is Japanese tea. She immediately grabbed the last box of PG with a smile on her face. The World can always rely on an Englishman to mark out a good tea.

At that stage, if she's half cute, you get her phone number ... facepalm.gif

Some people ... rolleyes.gif

There is no 'best' tea. If you're British, unless you're a member of the aristocracy or have some fancy taste, you'll basically drink anything that's blended for the British market - it's what you grew up with. Some brands are stronger than others, but s a formidable te drinker ( around4,000 tea bags a year) I have found nothing at a reasonable price here in Thailand. The ne

4000 cups of tea in a year ??? that's 11 cups a day on average. Is this just your consumption or do you run a tea house ?

Just wondering. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

There is no 'best' tea. If you're British, unless you're a member of the aristocracy or have some fancy taste, you'll basically drink anything that's blended for the British market - it's what you grew up with. Some brands are stronger than others, but s a formidable te drinker ( around4,000 tea bags a year) I have found nothing at a reasonable price here in Thailand. The ne

My My. We all have our weaknesses. Be it tea, drink, or if a good lady, Me!

Just recently they had a big sale on in Tesco lotus,,, ( Earl Grey)

Down to 69baht for a box of 80 tea bags.. Needles to say I bought the lot,,,, smile.png

I also was shocked at 69 baht and picked up 4 boxes of their fair trade tea it's okay but not as good for my taste as Marks and Sparks Extra Strong Tea at 189 baht for 80 bags.

You can buy M and S tea bags in Thailand? Where?

Marks and Spencer Central World main floor is my shoppe of choice and the wine isn't bad either. I'm not a coffe drinker but some of their instant I'm told is pretty good.

I agree with other posts about loose tea and I often cut the bag when making a pot but use a bag for a single cuppa.

http://corporate.marksandspencer.com/aboutus/where/international_stores#

Get some Branston Pickle while you're at it.

Hi Chris, you have to get import license and have a Thai registered company. Your basic import duty is 60% of your cost + shipping and the sales tax, been through it all. You will need to get it cleared by a customs agent here. It is a nightmare mate, forget it.

Ant tea lovers should check out Sri Lanka. I think the historic name is Ceylon, but the tea is excellent. Not sure if there is a trade agreement with them for import duty? Ceylon is no doubt the origin of many fancy name brand labeled teas. They're black tea is great.

The same tea is probably sold under 15 other brand names, including some cheap supermarket house brand, but if Tetley isn't printed on the box it doesn't taste the same.

well done,

You are right, many home brand names like Tesco, Sainsbury etc can be the same as in the popular name brands.

I have found Foodland the best good range and fair prices.

Harvey. You are leaving yourself wide open for arrest mate. This quote of yours is showing you are working.

Do not reply to anyone asking more details as the immigration have a number of Falange working under cover, they will try and get your address, contact details mate, do not answer any questions to any one wanting to buy, don't say never warned you. Immigration love Falange like you. Do not even answer any one asking if you can get any other stuff. Keep your mouth shut Harvey

well done,

Really didn't take me long, since i read the whining on this forum for some time already.

Thanks for your advise to go back to my coffee, but I consider a move back to my homecountry, since foodland doesn't have the same coffee brand my grocery shop around the corner at home had. sad.png

Not to burst your bubble but unless you only plan on bringing a suitcase worth of the stuff, you're in for a world of trouble. If you want to do a business, you need to register to the FDA, you need to apply for import license and coffee/tea quota, or else it will be a 90% custom tariff. Unless you get someone from UK to send you package by postal mail here and there, you might fly under the radar, but if customs check it, won't be 250 baht anymore...

I had some Tetleys sent to me about 2 months ago along with some other goodies. In the box were 7 packs of tetley tea bags, 160 bags to a pack. Before this box, I have never had any problems with previous parcels, possibly due to the fact that Customs was done at Laksi sorting office in Bangkok. However, the Thai post office do not clear customs at Laksi if the final destination is elsewhere in Thailand. They now send the box to the customs office nearest to the destination. My box was sent EMS so I tracked it as far as Korat ( destination Prackon Chai ), then it went off the radar. We eventually found the box at Chong Chom Customs and Excise office where we had to go and collect. After about an hour of deliberation and being advised that the import duty on ' tea bags ' was 65%, they handed over the box with no charges as they deemed the amount of tea-bags was for personal use, not for re-sale so I would do a bit more research if you plan to import in large quantities......good luck. Tetley, best drink of the day.

Harvey. You are leaving yourself wide open for arrest mate. This quote of yours is showing you are working.

Do not reply to anyone asking more details as the immigration have a number of Falange working under cover, they will try and get your address, contact details mate, do not answer any questions to any one wanting to buy, don't say never warned you. Immigration love Falange like you. Do not even answer any one asking if you can get any other stuff. Keep your mouth shut Harvey

<deleted>

• 5 months later...

I really want to know how someone finds an ancient thread like this to resurrect it so many month later.

Are people doing deep searching within Google for Tetley tea bags?

Genuine question here, not taking the p1ss. . .

• Like 1

lipton tea bags are great

Please quantify that statement. Good for what exactly?

I used to be a lover of PG, but the last batch I brought over from the UK was very disappointing. No aroma really at all. People in the UK confirm the same thing, so it wasn't just a bad batch. Never been keen on Tetley mind either. Pretty tasteless stuff. Don't know where to turn now.

Actually I did get some Waitrose own from Tops last year and they were pretty good. They might have to do.

• 8 months later...

I really want to know how someone finds an ancient thread like this to resurrect it so many month later.

Are people doing deep searching within Google for Tetley tea bags?

Genuine question here, not taking the p1ss. . .

That is exactly what I did just now! Running out soon and no resupply from UK until Jan so sourcing local places ;)

• 4 weeks later...

There is no 'best' tea in my opinion.. If you're British and plain middle class, you'll basically drink anything that's blended for the British market - it's what you grew up with. Some brands are stronger than others, but as a formidable tea drinker (around4,000 tea bags a year) I have found nothing at a reasonable price here in Thailand. The nearest I get to real tea in Thailand is those awful dangly things on a string from Lipton. I'll generally drink PG Tips, or TyPhoo so on my yearly trip to the UK I purchase catering quantities and bring back a year's supply in my luggage.

If anyone here can offer me real English tea bags in quantities of 4,000 at a reasonable price, I'm interested. Very interested. It will have to be cheaper than I would have to pay here in Thailand for that Lipton stuff though.

4,000 is 11 cups per day ?? Or is that for the family ? Does anyone really drink 11 cups of tea a day... every day ??? Really ????

I like a good cuppa, or 2.... but 11 a day !!

Just wonderin..... Cheers..... Mal.

It's sold under several names but Tetley's amounts to 2/3 of Tata Tea Ltd turnover.

The best loose leaf "Assam" type tea in Thailand is produced, organically, here in Thailand. Thai tea is superior to anything you can buy in teabag form. Available in Tops for about 135 baht per 250 grams. So far, have only seen this in Tops in CM.

Loose tea in general is of much better quality than bags, they are where they put all the dust and rubbish they cant sell at a premium price.