1 Y Visa For Marriage

I`ve went to Thailand for 4 months this winter and met a thai girl with whom i want to stay but we didnt get married.Now is there any way to get like a 1 year visa to go there and get married. We have opened a small buisness there allready.planning to expand when i get there.

But i dont want to go there only to marry and then go back home and apply for visa O and go back again. and for marriage what papers are needed and how long time will it take? Im from sweden and age 34

Hope for some sugestions :o

I`ve went to Thailand for 4 months this winter and met a thai girl with whom i want to stay but we didnt get married.Now is there any way to get like a 1 year visa to go there and get married. We have opened a small buisness there allready.planning to expand when i get there.

But i dont want to go there only to marry and then go back home and apply for visa O and go back again. and for marriage what papers are needed and how long time will it take? Im from sweden and age 34

Hope for some sugestions  :o

Come to Thailand and get married then go with her and her ID and the marriage papers to Penang and get a Non-Immigrant O visa based on support for a Thai spouse. A multiple entry visa is valid for a year and enables 90 day stays on each entry. That visa is extendable for up to a one year stay if you have a bank account in Thailand with 200,000 baht in it ( up until 11 July...thereafter it rises to 400,000 baht ) That class of visa will enable you to apply for a work permit.

But before you travel find out from your embassy here exactly what paperwork they require as they are not all the same but the Thai government requires a paper from them before they will allow a marriage to be registered. It may be that you only have to write down some bio data and swear to it but it could require other items so best to be sure. Once you have the paper from Embassy it has to be translated/registered at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then you can marry at any District Office. Usually takes a couple of days for the Embassy translation/registration.

Dr. PP - I want to be absolutely clear on this.

You are saying that I would not have to go back to my home country for a one-year 'marriage' visa, but could do it in Penang. Need my wife to accompany me, have the money in the bank (from an overseas source) and all would be OK - apart from the Thai factor.

I thought I had to go back to my country of origin, half way round the world. That is what has been holding me back for the past few months.

I have been married for quite a time now, but usually working in Sandland, with frequent tourist trips to Thailand. Now I am more setled here, with money in the bank, sent from various overseas sources, and am fed-up with 30-day trips to Cambo.

You reckon I will have no prob's ??? :o

Dr. PP  -  I want to be absolutely clear on this.

You are saying that I would not have to go back to my home country for a one-year 'marriage' visa, but could do it in Penang. Need my wife to accompany me, have the money in the bank (from an overseas source) and all would be OK - apart from the Thai factor.

I thought I had to go back to my country of origin, half way round the world. That is what has been holding me back for the past few months.

I have been married for quite a time now, but usually working in Sandland, with frequent tourist trips to Thailand. Now I am more setled here, with money in the bank, sent from various overseas sources, and am fed-up with 30-day trips to Cambo.

You reckon I will have no prob's ???  :o

Same advice...off to Penang...if you have enough money in the bank in Thailand, only get a single entry O visa and go on into Immigration in Bangkok when you get back from Penang, ( again with Madam and papers ID etc ), and extend that visa for up to a year. Because you travel a lot ask for a multiple entry re-entry permit as well. There should be no problems in Penang and none in Bangkok either. Chok dee na

Immigration BKK or would Patty do?

I am occupied during the week, only have weekends to run around getting paperwork straight.

Another thing - I assume that KL would do as well as Penang - although I have heard that the Thai Consulate in Penang is very co-operative as compared to others.

Reasons are : first I like KL : second I want to show it to my wife : third no additional time needed to travel there rather than Penang

Immigration BKK or would Patty do?

I am occupied during the week, only have weekends to run around getting paperwork straight.

Another thing - I assume that KL would do as well as Penang - although I have heard that the Thai Consulate in Penang is very co-operative as compared to others.

Reasons are : first I like KL : second I want to show it to my wife : third no additional time needed to travel there rather than Penang

Any Immigration office is fine. KL is quite ok to deal with in your circumstances. Go for it. Good luck :o

Thanks Dr. P. P. - I follow that route in the next few weeks, let you know what happens.

Thanks rewward for raising the topic - lykke till with your business and marriage.

If you're in the Pattaya area, get in contact sometime - I have worked with many Swedes over the years and can introduce you to the Scandinavian community.

Thanks Dr. P. P. - I follow that route in the next few weeks, let you know what happens.

Thanks rewward for raising the topic - lykke till with your business and marriage.

If you're in the Pattaya area, get in contact sometime - I have worked with many Swedes over the years and can introduce you to the Scandinavian community.

A day on den bier mit den Scando's :D sounds good. There's not a lotta non drinkers amongst them :o