Was told the food at the Shangri la in CM is not very good. Is this true?

cmcom

If it is anything like the breakfast I had a couple of week, it should be outstanding.

Agree, we go there for breakfast regularly. Much better than the other resorts in the area, including the 1 i work atfacepalm.gif

How much is their buffet breakfast?

If it is anything like the breakfast I had a couple of week, it should be outstanding.

Agree, we go there for breakfast regularly. Much better than the other resorts in the area, including the 1 i work atfacepalm.gif

How much is their buffet breakfast?

Just under ฿700 each (612++) Will recommend it over Rati lanna's.

700 baht? Go to Butter is Better about a block North. Much better breakfast for 100-300 baht. Try the real waffles, buttermilk biscuits, scones, whole wheat and buckwheat pancakes,corned beef hash, omelettes, great bacon (for Thailand), etc.

We go there sometimes to and it's quite nice (I live on Chang klan) But when i have the morning off and fancey a good quality western breakfast, whats ฿1400? $40... If i couldnt afford that for a decent breakfast for me and the mrs, i think i'd be looking for a better paid jobcoffee1.gif

To each his own. Everyone has there own priorities, but if I can get a better breakfast, freshly made, for less than half the price, that is what I am going to do. It is not worth it (to me) to pay a lot more for more upmarket surroundings.

There are Sunday brunches in USA that have a vast array of gourmet breakfast foods for 700 baht or so that are more than worth it, but I have found nothing like that in Chiang Mai. There are some pretty good general buffets with a few breakfast foods as well, but that it is not what I am looking for in the morning.

Edited by Ulysses G.