Renewing One Year Driving License

CiaranO

In Nong Khai it was a mix. Me just paper work and fee. Guy next to me had to take reaction, sight, and video tests and was not happy. Not sure why but he was creating a ruckus before i got there.

He never smiled and perhaps thought he was ''Hi-So'',..............BIG mistake on his behalf.........sad.png

When will they ever learn.

I have not renewed yet but it is my understanding that when I renew my 1 to a 5yr that Ill do the 3 tests again and pa the fee. A video? or all that other documentation, I'm learning from these other posts as well.

Again, although there is a procedure everyone still has different experiences and requirements all depending on where you go and if the person had a good morning or not. There is NO consistency.

Just renewed in Rayong, needed proof of address from immigration, usual photocopies of visa and passport and of course old licence. Didn't need Doctors medical certificate. Had to do colour test and attend a lecture from a real person (last time was a video). Then had to get the photo done immediately after which the licence was printed / issued, this time it is valid for 6 years .

I renewed my 1 year last month and received a 5 year card.

I had to have:

Work permit- for proof of address

Medical check

Passport

Old licence.

as well as photocopies of passport page, visa page, work permit address page, and old driving licence.

Did colour and depth perception tests.

Took one hour, which was surprising as this office was very busy.

Does anyone know if on the Highway 36 place outside Pattaya u need Residents Certificate for a driving licence if on Non Immig O (retirement) ?

To apply for or renew a Thai driving license you must supply either a valid Certificate of Residence or a valid Work Permit or a valid Yellow Tabian Baan.

Did mine yesterday, used my TM47 receipt as proof of address. Provided copies of the personal and extension pages plus TM47 receipt. Did colour blindness test, was given the multi-lingual Thai road signs book to read so told them they're UK road signs so didn't need to read them thanks. Told I had to watch the video in English but then said it was only in Thai, told them I'd seen enough of it while waiting so they skipped that too. Got the digital photo taken, they filled in the form then charged me 605 baht for the privilege of a 5 year licence . Took about 2.5 hours as they dealt with all the Thais first because was told to arrive at 10:30 which was after nearly all the Thais got there.

The first 5 year licence renewal was very quick but then there was no video and waiting for over 50 Thais top be processed either. Next time I'll go after lunch!

Edited by Anon999

You will receive a 5 year licence this time and you need to watch the one hour video - more like 40 minutes. So you need to get there about 09.00 as the video in English is only shown about 09.30 each day. Arrive later and you will told to come back 09.00 the next day. Also you will need to take the reaction test, depth perception test, and colour blindness tests. Takes a few minutes before you sit down for the video. And you will need original passport and WP to support the photo copies.

I never had to watch any video ( in Pranburi ) I was told where to go for medical certificate costs me 35 baht.