Stephen Ashton Killer Trial

I do hope mrs Ashton gets justice

The Thais will no doubt want this not to be published , and Thai journalists hardly do follow up stories so won't be in the local press

I agree with Boater on this one.

The only follow up court stories that I have seen in the English speaking newspapers are the ones going after high level Thai public officials or foreign peadophiles.

I do hope mrs Ashton gets justice

The Thais will no doubt want this not to be published , and Thai journalists hardly do follow up stories so won't be in the local press

I agree with Boater on this one.

The only follow up court stories that I have seen in the English speaking newspapers are the ones going after high level Thai public officials or foreign peadophiles.

It's is a shame , as Thais sometime feel immune to do what they want , and some publicity to say this guy got his just deserved in court might deter others

• Like 1

Difficult one because there is no local news papers at the moment

There might be something in the thai papers

They are under staffed and under resources with media in samui plus a story like that would have to be covered properly as the case is quite sincere

Does anyone actually think that justice will be done?

This country has so many things going for it and its still a great place to live but the judicial system needs a huge overhaul, aside of other elements at a lower level. Its just not moving with the times and the recent incidence of a guy getting a suspended sentence for abducting and molesting a foreigner, due to being a "first time offender" is a prime example. Change is needed

Edited by carmine

This country has so many things going for it and its still a great place to live but the judicial system needs a huge overhaul, aside of other elements at a lower level. Its just not moving with the times and the recent incidence of a guy getting a suspended sentence for abducting and molesting a foreigner, due to being a "first time offender" is a prime example. Change is needed

There must be some system. A Thai guy murdered another with a knife stabbing him about 7 times this was 3 years ago he was given 18 years jail. This was on Samui.

As for the case you quote above I don't know what the sentence would be in Australia but could be same.

There must be some system. A Thai guy murdered another with a knife stabbing him about 7 times this was 3 years ago he was given 18 years jail. This was on Samui.

As for the case you quote above I don't know what the sentence would be in Australia but could be same.

There is some system and i'm sure its not entirely without merit but, it is nonetheless hopelessly flawed.

And i will add the American and UK systems have their flaws too but i would to a large degree trust in them whereas this one i would have have zero trust in.

Justice will be done, because that is the law here. Maybe not justice as we know it.

But Thailand is not alone here. A lot of first-time offenders get off in the UK as well!

I am not saying that it is correct - just that that is the law.

Justice will be done, because that is the law here. Maybe not justice as we know it.

But Thailand is not alone here. A lot of first-time offenders get off in the UK as well!

I am not saying that it is correct - just that that is the law.

Would be man that abducted and molested a girl over a six hour period be let off as a first offence in the UK?!!

"Justice will be done because that is the law here" Really......

I was told that no evidences were presented to court. No forensic investigations, no bullet, no gun and probably no witness...

Justice will be done.

But probably not the one you expected.

Can you explain as I don't understand your posting?

I was told that no evidences were presented to court. No forensic investigations, no bullet, no gun and probably no witness...

Justice will be done.

But probably not the one you expected.

Can you explain as I don't understand your posting?

I thought the guy had already admitted it?

RAZZ

What I meant is that there was no evidences presented to court.

There is a suspect who may have admited the crime(this I don't know), but the police did not show any evidence proving whatsoever.

No forensic results, no balistic results, no gun, just nothing

There is a suspect who may have admited the crime(this I don't know), but the police did not show any evidence proving whatsoever.

In what capacity are you making this statement?

Why would they need to when the Thai guy has admitted to it? whistling.gif

He was trying to shoot another Thai "gang" member.

RAZZ

Why would they need to when the Thai guy has admitted to it? xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

He was trying to shoot another Thai "gang" member.

RAZZ

how do you know he was not paid to admit to it. Not saying he did not do it but anything is possible which is why things need to be imvestigated clearly.

SOme cases in the UK people have been threaten as to their families to take the blame for a crime they did not do. it happens all the time.

one case where a man was accused of having an illgal fire arm. One of his friends gavce a police statement that it was the gun of his friend. A signed confession and he accept full responability for leaving it in the mans house.

the case went to court and the man who had the illigal fire arm in his house was sent to jail even with a written statement from someone else admitting that the gun belonged to the friend of the accused.

Police made a case that he was bullied into taking the blame, which makes no sense. Whats the point in a confession if the judge belives what ever the pilcie say anyway.

• 5 months later...

Any updates on this case?

Last one I can see is from Jan 2014, where in court the accused denies firing on purpose and claims the gun went off accidently.

"The Thai man charged with shooting dead a British tourist at a New Year beach rave may escape jail after claiming it was an accident, reports the Sun."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/03/stephen-ashton-death-thai-man-murder-escape-jail_n_2400780.html

Edited by Som wat

Of the gun was not licensed then that would be a start for charging him

Even if it was an accident he should still her charged within slaughter

Any updates on this case?

Last one I can see is from Jan 2014, where in court the accused denies firing on purpose and claims the gun went off accidently.

"The Thai man charged with shooting dead a British tourist at a New Year beach rave may escape jail after claiming it was an accident, reports the Sun."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/03/stephen-ashton-death-thai-man-murder-escape-jail_n_2400780.html

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

My mistake on that dating.

It was reported in The Huffington on Jan 2014, but they were goning by a report originally published in Jan 2013.

The trial should be finished now, started in October I think.

I am interested in any follow up any one has.

My mistake on that dating.

It was reported in The Huffington on Jan 2014, but they were goning by a report originally published in Jan 2013.

The trial should be finished now, started in October I think.

I am interested in any follow up any one has.

I very doubt the guy will do any serious time.

Of course he won't.

But knowing of the official court ruling would be interesting.

If a British national was killed the english government should have put media pressure on the case sounds like England doesn't give a toss about us either

Each man for themselves

• Like 1

Of course he won't.

But knowing of the official court ruling would be interesting.

If a British national was killed the english government should have put media pressure on the case sounds like England doesn't give a toss about us either

Each man for themselves

Normally with these cases either nothing happens or someone gets the death penalty

The sun shines a lot, and some of the people are very nice, and rent is cheap.

I do have ri challenge rhe statement that the place has a lot going for it anymore, anymore than any other place with a warm climate, cheap accommodation and low rent.

The bloke who did this probably deserves 5 years minimum. What odds?

Edited by Thai at Heart

The sun shines a lot, and some of the people are very nice, and rent is cheap.

I do have ri challenge rhe statement that the place has a lot going for it anymore, anymore than any other place with a warm climate, cheap accommodation and low rent.

The bloke who did this probably deserves 5 years minimum. What odds?

5 years!!! Are you having a laugh? Try telling the family of that young lad their sons life was worth 5 years!

Edited by carmine

Received this communication:

FYI: The next court hearing is on 28 Apr @ 1300hrs. The court is open to the public. Any support would be appreciated by the Ashton family.
  • Like 1

Court case today:

Dress is as per ‘Govt Building’ carrying photo ID. Thai speakers are welcome as they’ll be able to explain what is going on. A bottle of water per person is advisable. Phones should be off before entering court”.

Thank youJ