going to RCA alone?

razorramone

At 9.24pm posting he's gonna leave for RCA .

Only 2 hours later back at home already posting his experiences .

TROLL.,

Bitch please.... NOW im back home at 6am.

Not sure what I think about RCA. definitely didn't go to plan. And im glad I didn't go alone.

We went to slim and flix. I liked the music and strong drinks.

But that layout... it was horrible for trying to mingle.

Perhaps if I hadn't had a thai girl with me it would have been easier... but even so, before 2am everyone was just stood around their little tables. No dancing, no mixing tables, too dark to even make eye contact... It was very different to the clubs I am used to in Europe. I'm a good dancer and that's where I usually score, so I was lost tonight...

It was a bit better after 2 when people were drunker and dancing, but still tricky with no dance floor or bar area to approach in. I got a couple of girls numbers but I've had better nights for sure. Had several girls who were interested but then got cockblocked by her girlfriends too.

As a side note: ---<deleted>--- is with those girls who clearly have boyfriends standing a metre away, yet try and dance/flirt with you. I had a girl grab my dink.. thought I had scored until I saw a guy clearly her boyfriend watching us from the side. Seemed like this was going on a lot. Weird shit.

Not sure what happened to the girl I was with... think she got bored and left while I was looking around. clap2.gif

Edited by razorramone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds about right.

By far the best results are to be had if you go with a group of a few thais, guys or guys with their gfs. The birds on the surrounding tables will pretty much lose their reservations about getting chatted up by a white guy the second you walk in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Been to RCA plenty of times solo and pick up often there.

Not hard to meet people if you are young, decent looking, and sociable.

It isn't all that different to picking up at clubs in any other city.

You get one night stands often from RCA? How often?

Whilst it's definitely possible and I've done it and seen other guys do it I've yet to see anyone do it regularly.

Usually need a bit of luck, i.e. girl is drunk, she somehow manages to escape her friends, no cockblocker friends out that night.

One night stands are just not common in Thailand. 

Try thonglor, cheaper drinks, posh crowd, rubbish muzik, hot girls, liberated women.

Thong Lor isn't cheaper IME.

I don't see how a 'posh crowd' can be considered better. 

The girls are hot no doubt but they have cash, status, good jobs and they don't need a farang 'boyfriend'.

Some places are OK but it's not a good area for one night stands IME. RCA is definitely more likely. 

Tried it tons of times and all I can see is don't even bother. First of all that place is infested with other foreigners too and why would they go for a loner, a guy with no friends. They worry too much about what other people think. 

Second they tend to stick to their groups. It takes a lot more than just confidence, looks and a smooth talk. Based on my experience I would say its near impossible so I wouldn't even try. 

If you are in Route 66 it's filled with other farang. It's mentioned in the Lonely Planet so what did you expect? 

It's not impossible you are just being defeatist and a bit of a pussy. If you don't try then it definitely is not going to happen.

im there right now, on my phone. Ive been to levels... That was like a normal club.

here there is no dance floor.. No people moving around. Just stood in circles around tables.

can chat up tablea with girl right next to me... Hope it opens up later.

also its hard to open up groups when you canr even see their eyes its so dark. Will try more rum

You do know that 90% of women in Levels are freelance hookers, right?

The club gives them free drinks to go there.

They are a slight step above the hookers you might find at Insanity or Spicy but hookers none the less.

At least the women at RCA aren't p4p.

TheSpade... wasn't is you that was boasting in another thread about how all these rich stunning chicks were just falling at your feet and bent over with minimal effort? U seem to have changed your tune a little....

Is it just me, or is this thread useless without pics? :P

As for the OP's theory, definitely floored from the start. Decent Thai ladies aren't going to shag on the first night (but this has been mentioned already), as it is a game for us(ONS), so it is for them (more or less) to do the opposite. Don't hate the player, hate the game :P

TheSpade's posts about his conquests are similar, he doesn't (as much as he'd like to) get the pick up on the first encounter, he plays their game and manipulates the odds to his favour.

Well according to his posts this is how he calls it. Again, a picture speaks a thousand words chaps... Jus' sayin' ;)

• Like 1

Got any recommendations for clubs on that road? I might go again tonight, do better now I know what to expect and how it works.

Most of the girls were part of groups that had guys, after seeing posts in this thread I didn't want to approach and get in a rumble with an angry boyfriend.

Ok so far it sucks nuts hence here i am. Tables are wierd.. Also its so dark i cant make eye contact. No one is dancing.... My main way of scoring.

also girl im with is going to be a problem.. She is clinging to me.

only solution to my night... Get very drunk

Getting drunk is never theanswer. Go findyourself a hooker. All you want is SEX, noboday will know................lol.

Just shows how unaware so many farang who live and visit here are about the place they go and the women they meet.

So many don't even realise they spent the night in a club full of hookers and in some cases even went home with a hooker.

Yes that 1,000B 'taxi money' you paid wasn't really for her taxi. thumbsup.gif

And if the girl was happy with 1000 for taxi she was probably a low level hooker...............lol.

Just shows how unaware so many farang who live and visit here are about the place they go and the women they meet.

So many don't even realise they spent the night in a club full of hookers and in some cases even went home with a hooker.

And if the girl was happy with 1000 for taxi she was probably a low level hooker...............lol.

"Low level" girls charge less. Looks like you've been a victim of dual charging.

Typically, it's the ropey, fat and or hygienically-challenged men who get hit with high demands because some girls charge according to the "retch" factor.

laugh.png

"As a side note: ---<deleted>--- is with those girls who clearly have boyfriends standing a metre away, yet try and dance/flirt with you. I had a girl grab my dink.. thought I had scored until I saw a guy clearly her boyfriend watching us from the side. Seemed like this was going on a lot. Weird shit."

Anyone know about this?

I noticed it several times, boyfriends standing at the side and encouraging their girlfriends to flirt with whoever was walking past. The girls would do it for a minute, then go back to their boyfriend. Is it some weird Asian shit? I wouldn't want to see my girl feeling up some random dude.

"Low level" girls charge less. Looks like you've been a victim of dual charging.

Typically, it's the ropey, fat and or hygienically-challenged men who get hit with high demands because some girls charge according to the "retch" factor.

laugh.png

You need a lesson in economics. Girls charge what they can- the hotter the higher the price. Gir ls dont charge the customers based on HIS looks...................lol.

• Like 1

laugh.png

You need a lesson in economics. Girls charge what they can- the hotter the higher the price. Gir ls dont charge the customers based on HIS looks...................lol.

Yep they do.

• Like 1

And if the girl was happy with 1000 for taxi she was probably a low level hooker...............lol

laugh.png

Notwithstanding the fact that the specifics of prostitution aren't to be discussed here, I'll just say that clearly we're talking about different types of women.

You're probably talking about streetwalkers or those poor souls working in brothels who have no choice and I'm talking about women who go out with their friends for a fun time and can take it [paid sex] or leave it - aka freelancers

The freelancers I know gravitate towards the better-looking men in clubs.

Obviously if they decide to go with a guy, they'll try to get as much money as possible but are far, far less likely to accept lower compensation when the guy looks like Jabba the Hut.

• Like 1

"As a side note: ---<deleted>--- is with those girls who clearly have boyfriends standing a metre away, yet try and dance/flirt with you. I had a girl grab my dink.. thought I had scored until I saw a guy clearly her boyfriend watching us from the side. Seemed like this was going on a lot. Weird shit."

Anyone know about this?

I noticed it several times, boyfriends standing at the side and encouraging their girlfriends to flirt with whoever was walking past. The girls would do it for a minute, then go back to their boyfriend. Is it some weird Asian shit? I wouldn't want to see my girl feeling up some random dude.

You were probably used as part of some sort of puerile, alcohol-fuelled BF/GF game of "dare".

This is not the behaviour I've witnessed at the after-hours joints around Thonglor/Ekkamai like Wip 168 and Safe House but I guess the clientele are a little older.

Just leave thai girls who go to rca alone. If they want a 1 night stand with a farang they know where to go...................lol.

Do girls go clubbing and then decide to become a freelancer depending if they see hot guys or not...............you guys are hilarious!

Just leave thai girls who go to rca alone. If they want a 1 night stand with a farang they know where to go...................lol.

Do girls go clubbing and then decide to become a freelancer depending if they see hot guys or not...............you guys are hilarious!

Have you been to RCA? Do you realize how many farang go there? Do you know anything about what thai girls in their 20s want or do?

Of cause not, you are 50+ and your entire experience with them is the result of Nana and Cowboy. You are the one who is hilarious. :)

You think that any girl that has sex with a farang is a prostitute. Sorry bud, but that is just your limited experience of the world.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff Metapod.. I'll keep it in mind if I go back tonight. It sounds like it is wise to get a table but it's so static... you're stuck there. What if the surrounding tables don't have any interesting women?

The dynamics sound the same as scoring girls anywhere. I've had a good amount of success in Thailand, mostly friends-of-friends, people at the gym, etc. But thai clubs are a whole new challenge for me, its something new. I've mostly avoided nightlife up to now.

Edited by razorramone

Interesting stuff Metapod.. I'll keep it in mind if I go back tonight. It sounds like it is wise to get a table but it's so static... you're stuck there. What if the surrounding tables don't have any interesting women?

The dynamics sound the same as scoring girls anywhere. I've had a good amount of success in Thailand, mostly friends-of-friends, people at the gym, etc. But thai clubs are a whole new challenge for me.

That is just how the game is there. It isn't easy to move around and pick out a girl. As you probably experienced, it is NOT a pleasant experience to move between all the tables, and you can't exactly just pitch a tint up in the middle and spend the night there.

It is also difficult to just join a table out of the blue. This is part of the concept though. Think of the tables as social security for the group. Like their own personal space. Picking up in Thai clubs still requires confidence, but not in that really aggressive "make the move' fashion that you would have to do in a western club. If you chat up a chick at a table the situation is 1 v 5 in their favor. So naturally it is a much more difficult situation and as Spade said before, this is how you will get cockblocked. You simply can't approach like this without getting shutdown a lot. So you need to understand the design of the club to and work with that.

For best success you need to work with the group as I explained in my prior post.

One single farang wants to infiltrate a group of thai boys and girls so he can have sex with one of them. Is that the end game................lol. Hilarious! I can see why single guys have a hard time there.

Best to stick with the gogo bars old man.

• Like 1

One single farang wants to infiltrate a group of thai boys and girls so he can have sex with one of them. Is that the end game................lol. Hilarious! I can see why single guys have a hard time there.

I'm a guy, so yes of course it is :) Although a few numbers to keep me busy would do fine. What else is the point of clubs?

You're just showing your ignorance, mate.

Many of the freelancers in the clubs are opportunists.

They don't specifically go out to find punters; they go out to have a drink and some fun with friends and if a guy wants to go with them, they will consider it.

If they like the look of the guy, they'll go; if they don't, they won't.

I'm a guy, so yes of course it is smile.png Although a few numbers to keep me busy would do fine. What else is the point of clubs?

You didn't really just ask that question did you???!!!

Are you one of those guys for whom a night ending without a woman in your bed is a disaster?

An attitude like that might explain the difficulty you've had.

Clubs are for listening to music that you love and expressing what that music means to you through dance.

Of course, it's much better to do that with women and a few drinks but you need to bear in mind that women can smell desperation a mile off. They know when a guy is on the rake cos most of the time, he's trawling around the establishment trying to make eye contact or conversation with every bloody woman there. It looks low-rent and there's few things a decent Thai bird abhors more than a low-rent guy trying to get laid.

Edited by HardenedSoul

It sounds like it is wise to get a table but it's so static... you're stuck there. What if the surrounding tables don't have any interesting women?

In the worst case scenario, you just have to leave. The club will give you a card and store your bottle until next time (max time is usually like 1 or 2 months). Go to another club and get a new bottle.

I'm a guy, so yes of course it is smile.png Although a few numbers to keep me busy would do fine. What else is the point of clubs?

Clubs are for listening to music that you love and expressing what that music means to you through dance.

Nah. 99% of clubs are purely for socializing and picking up. Hence, they play the most generic and popular rnb/pop stuff that is popular at the time.

The people that go to clubs specially for music they love are in the minority and more likely to be found at clubs playing non-mainstream music.

The big clubs at RCA are in the first category. Sometimes these clubs will get some big name DJs and you get more people from Group B, but that is the exception, not the norm.

• Like 1