going to RCA alone?

razorramone

Clubs are for listening to music that you love and expressing what that music means to you through dance.

I guarantee you that for men 90% of all men in clubs, all over the world, the goal is to get laid :D

Maybe that explains why so many bomb out in clubs, because clubs really are not good hunting grounds, despite there being so many girls. It is a venue in which the odds are stacked for females, exactly because of the loud music, the dancing etc. These are things that most girls enjoy, but few guys, so consider yourself lucky that you're a minority of guys who can dance and enjoy it. Bars (in the western sense, not Thai), lounges that play lower music, pubs etc are ten times better for picking up because here you can use your wit and charm. Thailand has way to few of these kind of establishments for my liking.

Thai clubs are still good fun though . It's usually a really good experience to be out in a thai group and good fun, regardless of if you get laid or not that night. Which reminds me that I need to get some more Thai friends and aquintances.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One single farang wants to infiltrate a group of thai boys and girls so he can have sex with one of them. Is that the end game................lol. Hilarious! I can see why single guys have a hard time there.

I'm a guy, so yes of course it is smile.png Although a few numbers to keep me busy would do fine. What else is the point of clubs?

You didn't really just ask that question did you???!!!

Are you one of those guys for whom a night ending without a woman in your bed is a disaster?

An attitude like that might explain the difficulty you've had.

Clubs are for listening to music that you love and expressing what that music means to you through dance.

Of course, it's much better to do that with women and a few drinks but you need to bear in mind that women can smell desperation a mile off. They know when a guy is on the rake cos most of the time, he's trawling around the establishment trying to make eye contact or conversation with every bloody woman there. It looks low-rent and there's few things a decent Thai bird abhors more than a low-rent guy trying to get laid.

Clubs are about fun, sure. And I agree, if the music is shit I wont go, and I like dancing. But thats not the main point of clubs. Thats why there are more singles, people dressed up nice, and dancing... you know where dancing comes from? How often do you go clubbing when you've got a girlfriend? Or even better.. how would she react if you told her you wanted to go to RCA with your buddies? My ex in Peru would have shit a BRICK, because she knows what would be on my mind and other girls minds.

One single farang wants to infiltrate a group of thai boys and girls so he can have sex with one of them. Is that the end game................lol. Hilarious! I can see why single guys have a hard time there.

I'm a guy, so yes of course it is smile.png Although a few numbers to keep me busy would do fine. What else is the point of clubs?

You didn't really just ask that question did you???!!!

Are you one of those guys for whom a night ending without a woman in your bed is a disaster?

An attitude like that might explain the difficulty you've had.

Of course, it's much better to do that with women and a few drinks but you need to bear in mind that women can smell desperation a mile off. They know when a guy is on the rake cos most of the time, he's trawling around the establishment trying to make eye contact or conversation with every bloody woman there. It looks low-rent and there's few things a decent Thai bird abhors more than a low-rent guy trying to get laid.

Clubs are about fun, sure. And I agree, if the music is shit I wont go, and I like dancing. But thats not the main point of clubs. Thats why there are more singles, people dressed up nice, and dancing... you know where dancing comes from? How often do you go clubbing when you've got a girlfriend? Or even better.. how would she react if you told her you wanted to go to RCA with your buddies? My ex in Peru would have shit a BRICK, because she knows what would be on my mind and other girls minds.

Yup. RCA isn't packed to the brim because all the guys love stuff like Beiber.

Not sure what happened to the girl I was with... think she got bored and left while I was looking around. clap2.gif

You know its all good & your young dumb & full of c*^ but still, You can show a little more class.

Why take sand to a beach? But you did & that was your choice. The least you could do is be respectful.

She probably left because it was so obvious you were not there to show her a good time or enjoy time together even as friends.

Which is what a lot of those Thais you saw were doing.

But to then diss her like this is very low class.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

In response to HardenedSoul: yes, the best success I've had was when I was not occupied at all with scoring. Was with a group of farang male friends and we were just drinking and dancing and only minding the music, not paying attention to girls. This was a huge draw, as the girls later explained to me. This was in fact at RCA, Slim, but years ago.

Thai women, any woman, know when a guy is on the prowl, and it usually does not work in the guy's favor.

Of course, it is pretty clear from the OP that his main reason is to score. And for many guys, also Thai guys, that is the point of clubs.

It is brave of the OP to go alone. It is very hard with the setup of Thai clubs with the table setting and all to get in contact.

As other have said, it is better to go in small group, even better with Thai guys in that group.

I have been in such a group with Thai guys, and have witnessed the guys 'go to work'.

When we meet I always jokingly call them 'the Masters'.

They call me the handsome farang (their words not mine), but they succeed far more than I could. They know how it works, what to say,

when to say it. I've seen some scanning the place, locking in, and walking to a table, glass in hand, without hesitation.

They don't look exceptionally good, they just know what to say. They are also not dance champions, neither am I.

Dancing between those tables and stools is already a feat in itself.

I've also found that it is very hard to judge whether the Thai guys with the girls are boyfriends or not.

The last thing you want is chat up some Thai guy's girl, especially when they are getting drunk or are already drunk.

You ARE going clubbing tonight OP. And we are not trying to settle here. You are not going home with the dopey girl with glasses studying finance at Rangsit University, you are going to go home with the white-skinned daughter of an elected official and drive her Benz home doing 160mph to her 25m baht penthouse condo while she does lines of blow off the dashboard and grabs your cock.

Some ideas. How about attempting to mingle with some girls who are not with any men outside of the clubs? Tell them your group cancelled and that there is some special event in your life that you are celebrating - how about it is your birthday? or your internet software company just got some new contract? or maybe your family member/pet back home died and you do not want to be alone?... preferably we want a group of girls without any Thai men.

do it OP because one day you will be married with a date circled on your calendar when the suicide waiting period on your life insurance expires.

Ha ha.. I am not sure if you are taking the piss. But yes I am going back tonight to visit one of the others, with a few friends this time. I will keep your predicament in mind... Now I have been there it is stuck on my mind.. a challenge.

And other poster: yes I am an ass for losing the girl who was with me. in my defence, I got stuck at a bar for ten minutes sharing tequilas with some random dude, got back and she had moved.

Edited by razorramone

In response to HardenedSoul: yes, the best success I've had was when I was not occupied at all with scoring. Was with a group of farang male friends and we were just drinking and dancing and only minding the music, not paying attention to girls. This was a huge draw, as the girls later explained to me. This was in fact at RCA, Slim, but years ago.

Thai women, any woman, know when a guy is on the prowl, and it usually does not work in the guy's favor.

Of course, it is pretty clear from the OP that his main reason is to score. And for many guys, also Thai guys, that is the point of clubs.

It is brave of the OP to go alone. It is very hard with the setup of Thai clubs with the table setting and all to get in contact.

As other have said, it is better to go in small group, even better with Thai guys in that group.

I have been in such a group with Thai guys, and have witnessed the guys 'go to work'.

They call me the handsome farang (their words not mine), but they succeed far more than I could. They know how it works, what to say,

when to say it. I've seen some scanning the place, locking in, and walking to a table, glass in hand, without hesitation.

They don't look exceptionally good, they just know what to say. They are also not dance champions, neither am I.

I've also found that it is very hard to judge whether the Thai guys with the girls are boyfriends or not.

The last thing you want is chat up some Thai guy's girl, especially when they are getting drunk or are already drunk.

That is another reason why you approach the group and win them over first.

As for the "guys on the prowl and more success just dancing" This has nothing to do with the method, and everything to do with your state of mind.

You project confidence and a relaxed attitude when you are not trying to pickup. A lot of guys on the prowl are not 100% confident. Girls sense and react to confidence (or lack there of).

You will get 100x more girls by "being on the prowl" with confident energy, than "dancing with the boys" with confidence.

OK, so where do you go to get laid then?

That doesn't sound all that different from when I was young, dumb and full of cum as an immigrant worker in the US about 20 years ago. The best conquests were always when out with my mates and not really looking for flange. Of course language was never an issue, especially as my Scots brogue was a pretty consistent leg-opener. It sounds like anyone in the age bracket with half decent looks, decently dressed, with a pulse and the ability to converse easily in Thai will score.

That doesn't sound all that different from when I was young, dumb and full of cum as an immigrant worker in the US about 20 years ago. The best conquests were always when out with my mates and not really looking for flange. Of course language was never an issue, especially as my Scots brogue was a pretty consistent leg-opener. It sounds like anyone in the age bracket with half decent looks, decently dressed, with a pulse and the ability to converse easily in Thai will score.

Pretty much.

OK, so where do you go to get laid then?

I don't go out with a "I've got to get some tail tonight" mentality because that just isn't what I'm about

I go out to enjoy myself with like-minded people.

Sometimes that's at a bar/restaurant like Maggie Choos, other times it's at specific promoter nights at certain clubs where I know I'll hear the music I want.

If I happen to meet a crisp woman while I'm doing that - yes, it happens quite regularly - then I consider that to be a bonus

I guarantee you that for men 90% of all men in clubs, all over the world, the goal is to get laid biggrin.png

Maybe that explains why so many bomb out in clubs, because clubs really are not good hunting grounds, despite there being so many girls. It is a venue in which the odds are stacked for females, exactly because of the loud music, the dancing etc. These are things that most girls enjoy, but few guys, so consider yourself lucky that you're a minority of guys who can dance and enjoy it. Bars (in the western sense, not Thai), lounges that play lower music, pubs etc are ten times better for picking up because here you can use your wit and charm. Thailand has way to few of these kind of establishments for my liking.

Thai clubs are still good fun though . It's usually a really good experience to be out in a thai group and good fun, regardless of if you get laid or not that night. Which reminds me that I need to get some more Thai friends and aquintances.

There are still quite many people who go to clubs for just the music and dancing (for example, me ! hehe) and there are also many who go MAINLY for the music and dancing, but if they happen to get a good chance for a one-night stand, they gladly take this as a bonus. And, then, of course, there are those who go with the aim of a one-night stand.

But, I haven't always been like this :) In my twenties, when I was really and fully enjoying the nightlife in Bangkok (there was no 2-am curfew back then), I was quite into the one-night thing; and often I spent the night with a girl or a guy (yes, I am bisexual) whom I met at a club. This happened at both seedy venues and also at hi-so places, as well as at a variety of venues in between those two types.

But anyway, since my early thirties, when I go to bars and clubs, I go just for the music and dancing. The idea of a one-night stand doesn't appeal to me anymore; but of course, certainly, I understand those who go to venues for that :)

• Like 1

going out alone at RCA is just weird!

standing, dancing and drinking alone people will think you are a freak! you not getting any ladies..

It isn't weird. If you have confidence in yourself then you can do it easy. I think people who are so insecure that they can't do anything without their social safety net are weird.

Nobody ever said anything about standing, dancing, and drinking alone.

Seems YOU are the one who isn't getting any ladies. :)

• Like 1

TheSpade... wasn't is you that was boasting in another thread about how all these rich stunning chicks were just falling at your feet and bent over with minimal effort? U seem to have changed your tune a little...

Didn't quite say that. You are exaggerating.

I said just because a girl is well off doesn't mean she be up for one night stand or words to that effect.

And I didn't say I met these girls at clubs, did I? You might not realize it but not everyone has to go get drunk at bars and clubs in order to have the confidence to speak to women.

I like drinking as much as the next man (probably more so tbh) but I don't like clubs much.

Clubs here in BKK tend to fall into 2 categories - the sex tourist and hooker places (not my thing) and thai stand round a table with a bottle and friends clubs (can be fun but difficult and can be boring at times).

One other thing I noticed: the girls there were a lot better looking than what you find on soi 11. Makes me want to go back just to try again...

Just in case you were not aware many of the girls in Soi 11 clubs are p4p. On the whole I find that place rubbish. Pretends to be an upmarket and high class area but the reality is very different in most venues.

And if the girl was happy with 1000 for taxi she was probably a low level hooker...............lol.

I wouldn't know what they charge as I don't pay for sex. I was under the impression 1k was the standard though I could be well off.

"As a side note: ---<deleted>--- is with those girls who clearly have boyfriends standing a metre away, yet try and dance/flirt with you. I had a girl grab my dink.. thought I had scored until I saw a guy clearly her boyfriend watching us from the side. Seemed like this was going on a lot. Weird shit."

Anyone know about this?

I noticed it several times, boyfriends standing at the side and encouraging their girlfriends to flirt with whoever was walking past. The girls would do it for a minute, then go back to their boyfriend. Is it some weird Asian shit? I wouldn't want to see my girl feeling up some random dude.

I've never seen this. Are you sure he was definitely a boyfriend and not a friend?

Thai's often go out in mixed groups so the guys you see her with might not be a boyfriend rather a friend who is a boy.

Best thing to do in these situations is befriend the guys first and get brought into the group. If you're cool they will introduce you to the single friends.

Just leave thai girls who go to rca alone. If they want a 1 night stand with a farang they know where to go...................lol.

Do girls go clubbing and then decide to become a freelancer depending if they see hot guys or not...............you guys are hilarious!

Many of the girls go to RCA because they like farangs but they don't want to deal with a certain type of farang that you'll find on Lower Sukhumvit.

I mean where else is a regular Thai girl with a white guy fetish going to go....Insanity or Spicy? Clearly not!

It isn't weird. If you have confidence in yourself then you can do it easy. I think people who are so insecure that they can't do anything without their social safety net are weird.

Nobody ever said anything about standing, dancing, and drinking alone.

Seems YOU are the one who isn't getting any ladies. smile.png

I agree.

Nothing worse than someone who needs someone to hold his hand in life. Can't do anything without a friend doing it too.

Sure most things in life are better with company but not doing something because no one will do it with you is just sad.

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 1

If you are 25 and handsome eventually you will be involved in a situation where a Thai girl who drank a bit much keeps looking at you or says you are handsome or whatever and some Thai guy who is drunk will want to stab you. This has been my personal experience at RCA.

But you have to remember, even if all of us like to think we are all "extremely handsome sexy man", not all of us are as handsome as you.

Nice thread :)

I went there once alone when I was clubbing more. I never went back. I found it terribly awkward. I speak no Thai.

If I was 22 again, I would go in there, spend my last dime on alcohol, and the only way to sleep in a decent bed for the night would be to meet somebody. Necessity is the mother of......

I went there not long ago with my Thai "gf"and her work colleagues. Route 66.

They all walked straight in but as a farang, I was made to queue to one side, then forced to spend 300 baht on drinks vouchers before being admitted. This is one step up from "whites go here, black go here" - weird being on the receiving end of it!

Anyway, inside it is indeed just a large box shaped room, with a "star" (<deleted>) DJ at one end playing really shit commercial dance music.

It was mostly normal and some good looking, young, modern Thais. Indeed a lot of decent looking girls. A few farang, some girls some guys, a couple mixed with Thais but very, very few.

I didn't engage much with the Thai colleagues of my GF as I don't speak any Thai and I find Thais to be deeply insular and don't want to mix with farang (I'm talking about the men in particular) and after being here in Thailand for a while, I have no real desire to meet any Thai guys to make friends. They all seem pretty bent and childish.

So, they had a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black and water to mix. So stupid - who the hell wants to drink whisky in a club? I bought my own drinks with my "hey, I'm a spastic farang" vouchers.

No one dances - they stand around tables. It's lame but it's Thailand and if that's what they enjoy, up to them.

I wandered off to the toilets - a few little other areas within the club. A band playing. Just regular Thais. Without speaking Thai, I think ones chances are greatly reduced. Most Thais can't speak English for shit.

I saw 2 older farang guys, mid-40s, clearly Lower-Suk types. They were high-fiving when they arrived "Oooh! Look at all this hot Thai totty!" but I watched them from the corner of my eye as one tried to place himself right next to a Thai table, with his dancing aimed at a Thai girl there. She just entirely blanked him and texted on her phone. In fact that seemed to be what most Thai girls were doing, standing at their tables, texting, while the Thai "men" giggled and sniggered about silly stuff. So boring.

It seems to me that Thais just don't know how to actually have much fun. They think this or that should be what they should be doing coz that is "fun" but they never seem to really participate. The number of normal Thai girls I've spoken to who are perpetually bored or lonely is huge. Many don't really seem to have many real friends either, they seem to spend a lot of time at home.

I've seen a lot to contradict this though out in Thong Lor etc at night, so who knows.

Burnt into my memory is when I was arriving at the club with my "gf" and walking past me was a Thai girl of extreme beauty. She looked at me, I looked at her and our eyes locked for seconds.

That image in my memory is enough to make me want to go back there alone and look for hotties outside or wherever! I bet it would suck though in reality.

As for Levels - went there once by myself to check it out when drunk. At least the layout is interesting. LOADS of farang, typical Lower-Suks but also normal tourist/expats too. I saw good looking Thai girls but none seemed to be looking for business. Seemed to be pretty normal to me but maybe if I'd interacted with some I would have found that to be not the case. I didn't stick around there long, just had a look.

Clubs no longer interest me. They stopped being exciting in my early 20s. Way past that now.....

Edited by Malthus101
  • Like 1

So, they had a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black and water to mix. So stupid - who the hell wants to drink whisky in a club? I bought my own drinks with my "hey, I'm a spastic farang" vouchers.

Why is whisky not a suitable club drink? What do you propose people should drink in clubs?

People drink whisky because it's considerably cheaper to buy a bottle, ice and mixers and share the cost than buy single drinks or beers. Just common sense really.

Usually if you go with Thai's they don't make you queue with the other farang or buy the beer vouchers they must have not liked the look of you.

The number of normal Thai girls I've spoken to who are perpetually bored or lonely is huge. Many don't really seem to have many real friends either, they seem to spend a lot of time at home.

Very true.

No hobbies. No activities. No real interests outside of food, movies, shopping and music.

Always seem to be spending time at home when not working or studying.

Think a lot has to do with so many moving to the city for work or study and leaving friends behind then when they get here they have 'work colleagues' or 'class mates' but they don't interact outside of those places much and having no other interests it would be difficult to meet people.

As for Levels - went there once by myself to check it out when drunk. At least the layout is interesting. LOADS of farang, typical Lower-Suks but also normal tourist/expats too. I saw good looking Thai girls but none seemed to be looking for business. Seemed to be pretty normal to me but maybe if I'd interacted with some I would have found that to be not the case. I didn't stick around there long, just had a look.

It's an odd mixer of posers and pro's from my experience. The same crowd often end up in BASH afterwards.

Climax is a vile place full of aged hookers so I doubt it.

I'm interested to know which places people recommend as a decent club to go to with a good vibe?

I'm over there in December and quite clueless as to where to go around Bangkok, it would be interesting to hear some recommendations from expat locals.....?

I went to one club at RCA once so my opinion is based on limited experience but I have to say, it seems a stretch to call these places clubs by the US definition. It was just weird for me. Group takes a table. Cheapest bottle service I've ever seen. No one really dances but it's not like there is anywhere to do so anyway. Not much mingling, just sitting and standing around a table mixing with other groups very little. Way more lighting than I remember seeing in a club before which just made it feel awkward for some reason. Nobody really seemed to have been having a great time, just hanging out somewhere they thought they should be seen.

I think that the culture just doesn't lend itself to this sort of thing.

Edited by CPT

I went to one club at RCA once so my opinion is based on limited experience but I have to say, it seems a stretch to call these places clubs by the US definition. It was just weird for me. Group takes a table. Cheapest bottle service I've ever seen. No one really dances but it's not like there is anywhere to do so anyway. Not much mingling, just sitting and standing around a table mixing with other groups very little. Way more lighting than I remember seeing in a club before which just made it feel awkward for some reason. Nobody really seemed to have been having a great time, just hanging out somewhere they thought they should be seen.

I think that the culture just doesn't lend itself to this sort of thing.

This is what Thai clubs are like. They get a table, drink whisky with friends, the music is ear bleed loud (usually a live band), they don't dance.

Climax is a vile place full of aged hookers so I doubt it.

I'm interested to know which places people recommend as a decent club to go to with a good vibe?

I'm over there in December and quite clueless as to where to go around Bangkok, it would be interesting to hear some recommendations from expat locals.....?

Depends what you like and want you need to be more specific...