Ed visa check in Phuket

Ok guys just bare with me. I have an Ed visa here in Phuket. Originally, Ed visas had 90 day check ins at the office. Here in Phuket, they have now changed it. You get 90 days to the first check in. After the first check in, you only get 30. After the 2nd 30 day check in, you can get up to 60 days each time. This was explained to me by both the owner of the school and immigration. Of course the change was blamed on the large amount of Russian abusers. Sorry, it's just a fact. So my 30 day check in is on the Oct 9th. I had planned to go to Bangkok for a meeting this coming week. Is it possible to check in early here in Phuket? If my visa is stamped here in Phuket, can I do a check in at another location? My first option will be going to immigration on Monday to see if I can check in early and hope I get one in a good mood. If I tell them I need to go to Bangkok to get my papers for a work permit/business visa, maybe they will let me go. Any thoughts?

Not just "Russians" who have been abusing ED visas/extensions.

Phuket immigration have been looking at such applications very carefully for some time. Those claiming to be studying the Thai language should also expect immigration officers to ask questions of applicant using Thai !smile.png

Edited by Sceptict11