Problem playing You Tube on Chrome

elwood

I would select the video, but it would either stop after 20 seconds and the picture go black, or it wouldn't start at all and just show the black screen.

On Internet Explorer there wasn't any problem.

I tried a few remedies taken from Google Search with no effect. Luckily I have just opened You Tube on Incognito - Ctrl+Shift+N - and everything is fine.

However, could someone please help this dummy to get my main page back to normal?

I did a malware scan yesterday - clean, and checked my Chrome extensions, but all of those were my own additions.

Thanks in advance,

Elwood

I had major problems when I used the html5 version of youtube. After an while I cancelled it at

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Still sometimes buffering happens for an while and then it stops (if I put the video to pause). I guess this is one way how youtube tries to save bandwith.

At these occasions I do a refresh (F5) and the video is loaded fully.

Another reason could be that youtube/google caches the videos to local cache from where the videos are offered to Thailand. If you are the first one in the country to watch a video, it needs to be downloaded to local cache and then from there you your browser. However I'm just guessing.

I had major problems when I used the html5 version of youtube. After an while I cancelled it at

Still sometimes buffering happens for an while and then it stops (if I put the video to pause). I guess this is one way how youtube tries to save bandwith.

Another reason could be that youtube/google caches the videos to local cache from where the videos are offered to Thailand. If you are the first one in the country to watch a video, it needs to be downloaded to local cache and then from there you your browser. However I'm just guessing.

Two pieces of great info here oilinkie. Thanks

Chrome has problems with nearly everything, downloading from youtube is disgraceful, It slows right down every so often etc.

• Like 1

The biggest problem to the internet not working correctly comes directly from your provider and Thai internet in general. The general part is that most ther countries see Thai internet as having a very large amount of spam and other issues (malware, scams, ect) so when you try to connect from a Thai ISP, you will be rejected or other means, will be employed to stop your usage. Then there is the "official stance" where the gov't controls the net and will only allow what they want you to see or know. The list goes on and on. The net runs itself and the ones who allow us access are the reasons it doesn't work.

I will occasional use internet explorer and every so often it tells me that this version of internet explorer will soon cease to support chrome. I am just about tech challenged and have no idea of how to upgrade it.

For the most part I use Mozzila Google and still occasionally have to put a u tube on pause play a game of solitaire and come back to it.

I had the same problem with Chrome and Youtube a while ago. My skills in this area are limited and my memory of it a bit vague.

However. It maybe a conflict between the flash add on(?) or plug-in already built into Chrome, and the separate and downloadable flash player you may already have got separately. The two beasts fight.

The answer is to look at your add ons - or plug ins in the settings, and disable one of these. In the tick box. So they do not have a little conflict.

There, To me that sounds as if I know what I am talking about, but I have probably initiated mass hysteria amongst computer experts.

If you can look at youtube videos on your or another's computer and put in a begging query about chrome and downloading videos on you tube you will get loads of clips showing how to rectify the problem.

The clips always come at you a bit quickly, but persevere.

I hope this answer doesn't break anything.laugh.png

I had the same problem with Chrome and Youtube a while ago. My skills in this area are limited and my memory of it a bit vague.

However. It maybe a conflict between the flash add on(?) or plug-in already built into Chrome, and the separate and downloadable flash player you may already have got separately. The two beasts fight.

The answer is to look at your add ons - or plug ins in the settings, and disable one of these. In the tick box. So they do not have a little conflict.

There, To me that sounds as if I know what I am talking about, but I have probably initiated mass hysteria amongst computer experts.

If you can look at youtube videos on your or another's computer and put in a begging query about chrome and downloading videos on you tube you will get loads of clips showing how to rectify the problem.

The clips always come at you a bit quickly, but persevere.

No it didn't Chas, but it gave me a smile. Seems that you and I are at similar levels when it comes to computers - low level, that is!

As for the plug-ins, I have already tried disabling one, but no change unfortunately. What gets me is that I can watch the videos on Chrome incognito, but not the regular page. Seems that I am doomed to remain in the Incognito site when wishing to watch You Tube.

Anyway, I'll take another look at Google Search and YouTube for any other ideas.

Thanks Chas.

might have something to do with one, or more, of your add-ons. Because going into 'incognito' mode usually disables some, or all, of your add-ons depending on your settings (see the "Allow in incognito" checkbox in the Extension section of the Settings page [ chrome://extensions/ ]). With a bit of testing you should be able to find out which add-on is causing problems.

I will occasional use internet explorer and every so often it tells me that this version of internet explorer will soon cease to support chrome. I am just about tech challenged and have no idea of how to upgrade it.

For the most part I use Mozzila Google and still occasionally have to put a u tube on pause play a game of solitaire and come back to it.

Um, Internet Explorer has nothing to do with chrome.. as for Mozilla Google...man you really need a mate to teach you a little about computers but more specifically browsing the internet, you really are confused or confusing.

The biggest problem to the internet not working correctly comes directly from your provider and Thai internet in general. The general part is that most ther countries see Thai internet as having a very large amount of spam and other issues (malware, scams, ect) so when you try to connect from a Thai ISP, you will be rejected or other means, will be employed to stop your usage. Then there is the "official stance" where the gov't controls the net and will only allow what they want you to see or know. The list goes on and on. The net runs itself and the ones who allow us access are the reasons it doesn't work.

Can you actually justify your comments. I have never experienced any of the issues you have made.

might have something to do with one, or more, of your add-ons. Because going into 'incognito' mode usually disables some, or all, of your add-ons depending on your settings (see the "Allow in incognito" checkbox in the Extension section of the Settings page [ chrome://extensions/ ]). With a bit of testing you should be able to find out which add-on is causing problems.

Thanks; I enabled the extensions for Incognito but it still played videos OK.

I have tried another couple of websites and their videos played, so it seems to be just YouTube. So that means I have somehow picked up something that blocks only their videos eh? Unfortunately, MSE and Malwarebytes came up clean.

It isn't a major problem, seeing as I can watch via Incognito anyway, but I don't like having something like that around, in case it eventually does some more important damage.

• 3 weeks later...

Argh, I have been having a lot's of problems with youtube videos lately and had to use Firefox to watch youtube videos.

I have opted out from html5 trial a long time ago, but youtube still wishes to offer me the darn html5.

This extension seemed to help. When playing a video, it first show 'this video is currently not available' message, but then immediately changes from html5 player to flash player.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/html5-video-for-youtube/dolajcekhnohkpncmhgledbmndjpblei/details

Some of the more adventurous of you may want to view this TV thread and install the YouTube Center Extension from Crossy's post.

Return to YouTube's old way of buffering

YouTube Center is a userscript designed to expand the functionality of YouTube. It includes the ability to download the video you're watching, auto selecting your preferred video quality and much more.

Crossy's suggestion is to download and install the extension and Disable DASH.
Contains a host of other presents you may want to play with. Please read the referred sites directions carefully on how to install and access the YouTube Center controls.

It may help some of you.
Others, it just may be that your neighborhood suffers from international bandwidth sharing congestion issues.