Soldering on circuit board

jbrain

i need to have a charger socket soldered on a small circuit board. I've been to Amorn,Pattaya4U and several other shops in Tuckom, but most of them are even not interested enough to have a look at it. I have the parts so it's only making 2 solderings, but since it is a small circuit board I'm not confident to do it myself as I'm afraid to damage some other parts on the board.

I could go back to Tuckom tomorrow and for sure at the end I will find one who want to clear the job for 500 Baht.

Please advice, where I can have this small job cleared at a fair price.

I would get away from the comouter section. I used the phone guys to solder for me before.

Been on the phone floor, it were mostly those that even didn't want to have a look. Had one guy who wanted me to bring the complete tablet, I had taken out the circuit board already to make it easier for them, otherwise he couldn't do the job.

Most people today just buy A new circuit board. Ya fix it,it will be only A matter of time before it happens to another place on the board. If ya do it yourself, I would also get A magninying glass

I don't need the circuit board fixed, the charging socket is damaged and need to be replaced.

Most people today just buy A new circuit board. Ya fix it,it will be only A matter of time before it happens to another place on the board. If ya do it yourself, I would also get A magninying glass

I don't need the circuit board fixed, the charging socket is damaged and need to be replaced.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works in gadgetland these days.

Post a pic or what you want done and I will let you know.

The charger socket is what needs to be replaced, but since i can't find the identical part and it is very flimsy anyway, I had in mind to install an external socket.

That means the original socket has to be removed and 2 wires soldered in place.

post-163350-0-53053000-1380989292_thumb.post-163350-0-24244200-1380989439_thumb.

This is the actual picture of the tablet. The socket is in the top right corner of the picture

Novo10_Hero_PCB_Design_2.jpg

Edited by jbrain

I had a keyboard socked removed from one motherboard and replaced onto another one that was busted, at a small shop at Tukcom. I can't remember exactly what floor, but think it's the one above the computer parts sales floor. The shop I used was the one just before the NW corner shop, it's a singe unit shop. If you scout the floors your bound to find it, as it's a typical repair shop. Price was very reasonable, less than I expected, 100 or so if memory serves.

The charger socket is what needs to be replaced, but since i can't find the identical part and it is very flimsy anyway, I had in mind to install an external socket.

That means the original socket has to be removed and 2 wires soldered in place.

This is the actual picture of the tablet. The socket is in the top right corner of the picture

You were a bit economical on the picture size of the 2 most important ones!

Do you have the new socket or are you trying to resolder the old socket?

What type of socket is it, micro USB?

Your idea of ditching the original fragile socket and running fly-leads to something more robust is a good one, done that many a time.

Easy enough job that I would do for a couple of beers.

It's a regular 12V connector. So I want it removed and this soldered to the circuit board

$%28KGrHqJHJEYE88dN%216rSBPYM73jFSw~~60_

A couple of beers you say? Haven't you seen that thread in the business forum

Where is gold beer going in this market biggrin.png

It's a regular 12V connector. So I want it removed and this soldered to the circuit board

$%28KGrHqJHJEYE88dN%216rSBPYM73jFSw~~60_

A couple of beers you say? Haven't you seen that thread in the business forum

Where is gold beer going in this market biggrin.png

Easy one, down my neck!

Thanks, had it soldered yesterday at Pattaya4U for 100 Baht. Visited a few more shops in Tuckom before, and got the answer. Can not Sir . Of course my question why such a simple thing Can not, remained unanswered.