Strange occurrence with facebook

fw1

Hi all. I bought a laptop recently completely new. Didn't sign in to anything or associate email addresses with windows or anything like that yet when I went onto facebook my username was already there. Given that this was the first time I used the computer, I am very surprised to see this. Can someone explain how it might have happened?

I use neither windows not Farcebook, but my guess is

1. You have a Gmail account
  2. Your Facebook is linked to your Gmail account
  3. On your new PC you checked your email before opening Farcebook thus you were logged in to Gmail
  4. Thus due to (2) above you were already authoprised o that PC via Google
  • Like 1

None of the above. As mentioned, I just got it out of the box, it was the first time I used it. Went straight to facebook, nothing else had been opened. Find this to be very strange I must say.

Ok, so my aacount details were added to hte operating system which was ubuntu but for some reason we couldn't use it. I took it to another shop who wiped that and put windows 8 on it. I did not set up any account because I wasn't there at the time. My cousin pointed out that facebook has my email address in the log in section even though I had never used it. The only thing I can think of is the shop, who have my details, installed ubuntu with them but that operating system was removed. What's even stranger is I can't understand why they would be there on facebook, this is before I used the thing, It's very strange to me.

Your posts are a little confusing.

You state this is a brand-new computer out-of-the-box, then later say it was previously set up under ubuntu (linux) then wiped to put on Win8.
So it's not 'really' new out-of-the-box. Though, wiping the OS is making it practically so.

If you want help figuring out the 'mystery', please tell the complete history. While many TV'ers love to guess and speculate, it doesn't always lead to the correct conclusion.

My 'guess' is that someone at some point entered your email address somewhere, this common field was stored in the browser and used to populate the FB login.

To test, try clearing the Browser Cache and Saved Autofill Form Data, see if it auto populated then.

Someone in the shop entered your email address. Simple. Go back and ask them. I doubt it was a ghost or anything paranormal, which you seem to be suggesting. As someone else pointed out, it's not new out of the box. Someone at the shop has been using it.