Visa Options

My visa expires in 14 days, it is a 1 year multi entry type O(married) visa, I am am on an Australian disabled pension, in march this year they decided to stop it because they said I could work for 2 hours a week over the 5 days in 10 minute intervals with a couple of hours break between, this according to them makes me no longer disabled and able to earn a living. I have had to spend the last 7 months living off my savings and my wife which has drained the bank account but after 2 attempts at having this decision reversed I won and now I have had the DSP awarded to me permanently and centrelink must backpay me to the date they stopped it. Trouble is they can take up to a month to do so and with my visa expiring in 14 days I doubt I will have the money to renew it till later so I need to know what my options are, can I get this type of visa extended? and if so what is the cost, also as I usually get my visa done in Brisbane, Australia is there an easier option(cheaper) closer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You can get a 60 day extension from Immigration based on having a Thai Spouse.

1,900 Baht.

This would give you some time. You could then get a 12 month extension from Immigration if you have the financials.

You could also get a Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry from Savannaket Laos.

• Like 1

Or you could make a border run before your visa expires which would give you another 90 days. If still needing more time before getting a new visa, you could then at the end of those 90 days get the 60 day extension mentioned by Lite Beer.

This assumes that it is really your visa that expires in 14 days and not your current permission to stay.

Sophon

• Like 1

Or you could make a border run before your visa expires which would give you another 90 days. If still needing more time before getting a new visa, you could then at the end of those 90 days get the 60 day extension mentioned by Lite Beer.

This assumes that it is really your visa that expires in 14 days and not your current permission to stay.

Sophon

yes it is my visa, the 12 months are up on the 21st so I need to do something before this date. I thought a border run was only good while the visa was in date and that as of the 21st I am/will be illegal unless I extend it.

You can get another 90 day entry up to the date your visa expires. The visa expiration date is only the length of time you can use the visa for entry it does limit the amount of time you can be in the country.

so that means if I do a run before the 21st Oct I can stay another 90 days even though the visa will expire during that time. Thats not to bad, border is only 2.5 hours away, wow, thanks guys great info.

so that means if I do a run before the 21st Oct I can stay another 90 days even though the visa will expire during that time. Thats not to bad, border is only 2.5 hours away, wow, thanks guys great info.

Just be sure to return to Thailand on or before the 21st. You will receive a final 90-day entry and yes, your visa will expire on the 21st but you may remain in the country until the 90 days are up.