Thai govt wants to install 5 CCTV cameras in in all inter-provincial buses

webfact

This is simply lip service in order to try to detract from the horrible performance record of this system and it will also provide a nice little money earner like the clocks in parliament. Just more of the same inane BS that is spewed out on a daily basis.

The majority of problems that beset this country are due to incompetence, stupidity, dereliction of duty and greed.

This country has a horrendous record for its lack of ability to install and maintain CCTV system. How many of the current system that have been purchased for a myriad of function actually work at all. Very bloody few.

The majority of problems that beset this country are due to incompetence, stupidity, dereliction of duty and greed.

Shame, it's beginning to sound a bit like the US UK EU and several African countries, but mai pen rai - the weathers great,the people are great, the food's superb, and the currency is (as currencies go) a fair bet.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

but with video evidence how will they put the blame on mechanical malfunction?

" Because the bloody camera malfunctioned !! " as in "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" ( Italian Job )

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

.....The ministry believes the CCTV cameras will help reassure passengers that they will be able to enjoy smooth and safe trips, Deputy Transport Minister Pong Chewananth said.

Okay, I give up. How are cameras going to reassure passengers of smoothness and safety? Having some grainy inconclusive film of the bus crash may help some with accident reconsruction...but it doesn't provide smoothness, ensure safety, prevent mishaps, mitigate injuries or do a single thing for the passengers/potential victims. Plus they probably won't work anyway.

More likely someone's brother-in law has a CCTV business.

Edited by marell

CCTV wiil do nothing but provide window dressing. Have they noticed that most of the civilized world long ago started installing event recorders ( black boxes) ? If a driver knows that all of his actions will be recorded, including speed, braking, steering, etc, he might be a little more cautious. But then, probably most event recorders would malfunction, like most CCTV cameras in the Kingdom.

• Like 1

How does this prevent anything??

who is going to watch all the recorded footage? crying.gif

or is that only done when the accident allready happened .....which is a little late..... and the cameras and recording system are even likely to be destoyed in the accident.

A couple of months ago there was this "great" idea of installing GPS tracking system in every bus (????) don't know how this is going to prevent anything ...but maybe better to install a gps tracking device under the drivers skin so he can be found when he flees the scene....

Why don't we just ban all forms of transport, and use the good old Buffalo with a bucket tied to the top of the tail to catch the dwang?

Will that be before or after the speed control systems, that were announced 6 months ago, will be installed.

I think I missed that announcement............. but yes, do that one first.

It was announced a few days after a horrific minivan crash that left many dead.

Some big wig with a foot in his mouth announced that all transporter minivans would have a radio controlled system that would show when they went over the speed limit.

• Like 1

I find the best way of dealing with these idiots who drive like clowns in the minivans is to blow the horn for each ridiculous maneuver they make. This make the driver lose face and gives the sense to the passengers that the driver is an idiot!

I find the best way of dealing with these idiots who drive like clowns in the minivans is to blow the horn for each ridiculous maneuver they make. This make the driver lose face and gives the sense to the passengers that the driver is an idiot!

Please don't do that down South as the driver of the mini bus is likely to pull along side you at the first available set of traffic lights, pull out a gun and whack you and anyone else sat between you and him. That very thing has happened 5 times I recall in the last 3 years around where I live. Road rage murder they get 4 years with good behaviour, maybe even less with a good lawyer and with their volcanic like tempers they just don't seem to give it a second thought.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

What good will 5 CCTV cameras do if a bus does happen to crash ??? ... Yes, yes, having 5 cameras monitoring the drivers every move may deter him/her from reckless driving ... But unfortunately accidents do happen from time to time in this country and all around the world, every minute of every day ... And I don't think watching CCTV footage of the final few minutes of my dead/injured friends/family's life would console me too much after the event if an accident were to occur ... Would not the massive cost of all those cameras be put to better use if it were used to train and regulate the drivers, thus preventing accidents rather than filming them ??? ... I will feel so much safer now and have some comfort knowing that the driver, my fellow passengers and myself may one day become the stars of a reality TV show about bus crashes in Thailand .... Seems to me this is more about monitoring the passengers not the driver, no ? ... But it's OK, we have nothing to hide, so nothing to worry about, right ! ... NWO ... coming to a city near you soon ... !