Ford Eco Sport Available Now?

Looks ok from the front but with a spare tyre hanging off the back plain ugly.

Don't really agree...both my Honda crv and toyo sport rider carry their tires on the back and they look fine to me. I mean, these are SUVs and not cars. Also, practical solution for more interior room in a smaller SUV like the Eco Sport.

• Like 1

It's not available yet. That must be a test car you saw. November officially starts orders but rumors on thai fan sites say end of year. Based on huge demand in India, I also expect a longer wait. We will order one soon as we can.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not available yet. That must be a test car you saw. November officially starts orders but rumors on thai fan sites say end of year. Based on huge demand in India, I also expect a longer wait. We will order one soon as we can.

Saw it this am at pattaya resto where having my breakie. It was yellow and some youngish Thai guys drove it away...maybe from the rayong plant.

I doubt the success of the car in India will have an impact on Thai production as all Indian models are locally made.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I doubt the success of the car in India will have an impact on Thai production as all Indian models are locally made.

I meant if the car is as hot with Thai buyers as it is in India, we will have long waiting times for delivery.

Gotcha now. It'll all depend upon the price. Sadly, i can see a bit of piss taking happening on that score. If its anything like the Chevy price-wise hen they'll shoot themselves in the foot. Its supposed to be a Fiesta on steroids, not a Ranger with seats.

• Like 2

I meant if the car is as hot with Thai buyers as it is in India, we will have long waiting times for delivery.

I suspect will be a standard launch for Ford - there will be a handful of cars available in TH at launch, then it will be 3 Months before general availability.

Edited by IMHO

No those are not test cars per se, but are for Ford employees to use, asked a few of them I saw about 10 in the PTT. took a few photos last month which I posted in another ecosport thread.

The rear mounted spare tire and the roof rails are SUV styling cues to play to a rugged image, it has noticibly more street presence than the fiesta given its ride height and stance wont be confused with a cx5/escape, crv or some other c seg crossover tho thats part of the appeal. will be a joy to drive and park in urban areas. Heard the ecosport is decent in the twisties too. Agree with IMHO, time between seeing it at shows/promotional events/dealerships and in your parking space could be considerable, doubt it will go the way of the scarce ranger and Q1 2014 will see more availability.

Edited by Retro Reactive

I got an email from Ford Thailand promoting the ecoboost engine. Their homepage is also heavily promoting the ecosport now. As IMHO confirmed, that award winning engine will be available here in AT version. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the Ranger fiasco slow rollout here.

I got an email from Ford Thailand promoting the ecoboost engine. Their homepage is also heavily promoting the ecosport now. As IMHO confirmed, that award winning engine will be available here in AT version. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the Ranger fiasco slow rollout here.

The good news for this launch is that there no "Ford Australia pressure"... Aussies are getting their Ecosports from India (and wont' have 1.0L 6AT's available BTW), and TH doesn't normally back-seat domestic orders to service exports to MY, ID or PH.

Ford UK have a brochure with limited specs (and a price list) on their site. Also has the new Fiesta details with full specs.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/EcoSport/Brochureandpricelist

The UK get the EcoSport with a variety of engine options but for the Ecoboost engine only the 125PS with manual gearbox, while the UK spec Fiesta has the option of the Powershift with the ecoboost 100PS or Ecoboost 125PS with manual tranny.

Think i will go for the Fiesta 3 door if available in Thailand!