Accomodation

canusa

Also tell your son to either leave valuables home, take them with him when he goes out or lock them in the hotel safe deposit box.

Anything valuable will be nicked in your room- I had a camera stolen out of my room on my first night in Pattaya a few years ago and it was locked away in my napsack. (this was a moderate priced hotel (In Town Resort)- god knows what anything cheaper would be like)

Pat is not as cheap and cheerfull as it used to be :o

Figure on anything under about Bt 500 a night to be sailing near to the wind.There are still a lot a good deals around but as prev.posts say things get nicked so ra-wang.:D

Peace of mind is worth a few extra bob.

Nothing worth while at the price you want.

Fan room in Soi Day Night, but you need to take a cork. And no valuables (such as bank-notes, wrist watch, shoes, etc.)

Budget hotels such as Honey Inn (off Second Road) or rooms around Soi Chaiyaphum will cost >500 baht - maybe now that the high season is ending you can negotiate down a little, but really that is a floor figure.

• 2 weeks later...

Vinai Place up on 3rd Rd would squeak in at about 350 baht per with air con and the basics. You'll find a few quiet out of the way fan rooms in the side streets there and off Soi Buekow, but it's hit or miss and many will have questionable security as mentioned before. SkyTop Hotel on Second Rd & Soi 6 is 450 baht I believe.

You can find some NICE, NEW hotels if you're willing to go up to 600 baht price....which is really only $15 US. Mike's Beach Resort is a newly refurbed place on Soi 4 and the InnHouse on Soi 13 come to mind. Both can be had with some negotiation for 600 baht/day if you rent for a week or more.

One of my personal favorites in the bargain price range is Roof Garden Inn at 650 baht, but it is out a ways on Thrappraya Road on the way to Jontein. Newly refurbished and nice clean rooms with a quiet surroundings. It's right on the Baht bus route so you're always just a few minutes from the lights and squaller that we all love and enjoy!!!!!

--WISteve :o:D:D

If you are wanting to stay for a month, you can get a room at Udit Court on Soi Buerkeow [spelling?], about 600 metres South of Soi Honey Inn. for 5000 fan or 7000 aircon. Rooms cleaned twice weekly. Safety deposit boxes in lobby for each room. They have double bed, tv with some english langage stations, poxy little bathroom, but hot water. balcony. quite a few farang live in the block. Staff are friendly.I'd stay there again even if i was there for less than a month. :o

• 3 years later...

For god sakes, he's your SON... why don't you give him an ADVANCE ON HIS INHERITANCE, so he can stay somewhere that's say 500 baht a night, where you definatly can find something decent, with air con. Yes, it's possible.

Now I know your request was made over THREE years ago... I would be curious, if you could please give us an update, and let us know what he eventually found, and if you cut him any slack by giving him some extra money.

Sort of reminds me, I think it was Roger Daltry, of the rock group, "The WHOM", who refused to give even a penny to his worthless, lazy, good for nothing kids, from all of his various marriages. I have a hunch you might make Roger Daltry seem like Donald Trump's father.

Three year old thread....how has this come up again?

Are you the decided of what we should discuss? If it's not to your liking, why on earth would you bother responding? If you're not happy with the policy of keeping threads open for several years, you should contact the T.V. people that decide those things.

Not everyone travels on a Rockefeller budget... we're not all zillionaires. I know that it is possible to find a room for 100 baht a night, fan only, very small, not real luxurious, not the most central neighborhood... not really very clean... but it IS possible to find this in Pattaya. Maybe someone might find the discussion of true budget lodging useful.

If you are looking for very very cheap accommodation, I know of a place down Soi Chaiyapoon, Nearer the 3rd road end, just across the road from 'Juliet' Karaoke.. I think the rooms used to be something like 150 baht a night for a fan room! Had a thai friend come here who needed a cheap room and he went and stayed there. The room was very poor with no TV and just a fan.. Ok if you are really on a tight budget but would not recommend the place if you can afford more!

I have always taken friends visiting here to the Sawasdee on Soi Diana or Soi Bua Khao.. The one on Soi Diana seems the cheapest.. Around 300 for a fan room, 500 for air..

If you are looking for very very cheap accommodation, I know of a place down Soi Chaiyapoon, Nearer the 3rd road end, just across the road from 'Juliet' Karaoke.. I think the rooms used to be something like 150 baht a night for a fan room! Had a thai friend come here who needed a cheap room and he went and stayed there. The room was very poor with no TV and just a fan.. Ok if you are really on a tight budget but would not recommend the place if you can afford more!

I always assumed that was a short-time place only (actually there are two now almost side-by-side)--I wonder if you can actually stay in one as if it were a regular hotel. I'd ask them, but I'm a bit of a wimp. :o

Three year old thread....how has this come up again?

Weho has run out of ideas for trolling so he revives old topics.

cheers

onzestan

And look who took the bait!

Now what does that say about YOU?

Weho doesn't run out of ideas... but I notice your favorite is the "so and so is a troll, and I'm a genius, cause I can spot it!"

I would suggest you spend a little LESS time criticizing what others may freely choose to discuss, regardless of age, and a little more time trying to come up with something more interesting.

You can get a massive room at the Royal Palace for 900 THB a night if you join their " Club ". Good solid old hotel in the middle of the action.

I love the Royal Palace, and I'm a member of "the club"... membership costs 300 baht, and pays for itself about after two nights, and I think is valid two years. There are TWO hotels there: discount card valid at BOTH hotels: the ROyal Palace, and next door, the SLIGHTLY more luxurious and SLIGHTLY more expensive ROYAL TWINS Palace hotel... which is maybe 100 or 200 baht more per night. It's worth the extra month... amazing deal... breakfast included too... lots of Chinese tourists there.

Reasonable swimming pool, almost across from the Royal Garden.

Maybe the OP's son has a job by now, and can afford one of these gems.

Or maybe the OP dropped dead, and the son inherited the "mother load", and can afford the Royal TWINS Palace.

I always assumed that was a short-time place only (actually there are two now almost side-by-side)--I wonder if you can actually stay in one as if it were a regular hotel. I'd ask them, but I'm a bit of a wimp. :o

Yes, It is known as a short time hotel, but they do also rent rooms out per night as I had a friend stay there for a few nights on his trip to Pattaya. It was something like 150 baht a night, this was about 5 years ago, though. Things may have changed but it still looks the same..

You can get a massive room at the Royal Palace for 900 THB a night if you join their " Club ". Good solid old hotel in the middle of the action.

I love the Royal Palace, and I'm a member of "the club"... membership costs 300 baht, and pays for itself about after two nights, and I think is valid two years. There are TWO hotels there: discount card valid at BOTH hotels: the ROyal Palace, and next door, the SLIGHTLY more luxurious and SLIGHTLY more expensive ROYAL TWINS Palace hotel... which is maybe 100 or 200 baht more per night. It's worth the extra month... amazing deal... breakfast included too... lots of Chinese tourists there.

Reasonable swimming pool, almost across from the Royal Garden.

Maybe the OP's son has a job by now, and can afford one of these gems.

Or maybe the OP dropped dead, and the son inherited the "mother load", and can afford the Royal TWINS Palace.

Fully agree.

One of the best kept secrets in town.

Only slight problem is no overseas calls for the young lad from the rooms ( too many chinese tourists taking the you know what. All overseas calls from reception)

Edited by suiging

Yes, It is known as a short time hotel, but they do also rent rooms out per night as I had a friend stay there for a few nights on his trip to Pattaya. It was something like 150 baht a night, this was about 5 years ago, though. Things may have changed but it still looks the same..

Thanks for the tip. If I have any exceptionally 'frugal' friends in town I'll know where to point them. :D

This is so typical of this site. Someone asks how to do something on the cheap and many (not all ;-) tell him everything he did not ask and nothing of what he did.

Currently, you can easily get a room for B500 a night. A really nice place for B700. My place is B400 on a nightly but we have had some thefts (really ugly situation) and there is construction near.

Try Lucky Court on Soi Bukhao near Pattaya Klang. The rooms are spartan but clean, nice. I do not know about visitation policy so ask 1ppl 2ppl? The other LC near the Tues/Fri market tolerates theft.

There are also some dives on Soi Bukhao @ entrance to LK Metro. There are some ST hotels one on 2nd (s. of Soi Diana), One near the dives above and two on Soi Chaiyapoon B200 (used to be 160 low seas). These will have theft sure and DON'T use the lockers.

There are also a bunch of cheapies over the bars in the soi's such as Yamoto and soi 6.

You can also try Diana on soi Bukhao running specials on windowless rooms.

Edited by theseveredhead

I think the point of trying to introduce some cheap but not disgusting alternatives to the OP is valid.

With the current strength of the pound ( I know, huge assumption he's a Brit.....but I'll run with it ") the difference is not exactly a bank breaker for a night in clean, safe accomodation.

You have been kind enough to point out the absolute bottom of the market. Others are trying to perhaps give the OP a choice of a better upgrade without breaking the bank.

i agree sui -

somehow you are not a player unless you are spending boatloads of baht is beyond silly. this is the thaivisa attitude most members have here, and if you are not on board you dont belong here - even though many of us were here before thailand was even a thought in those guys empty heads. b900 - i laugh.

not only this but when a lady leaves you will she ask for a b500 tip or taxi money?

i have been in my spartan little b5000 place for some years, central pattaya, walk anywhere. in fact, im thinking moving to my friends place b2500 and once month free pay one year advance.

when i go out into the countryside - you can get a great room b200.

ps: the gh on soi bukhao is not lucky court its little court, lucky is near the mkt.

what do you need? a clean room and a fan.