Shipping Household Items - Sydney to Bangkok

Sorry if this is not the right forum but it seemed the most relevant.

I've had mixed luck using parcel post to Bangkok in the past. Stuff goes missing or cartons get split open and stuff gets lost.

I need to ship some stuff to Bangkok. My Niece has been living with us here in Sydney and will return to Bangkok in December. In the last 3 years she has accumulated a wardrobe full of stuff!

Any ideas on the best way to ship? Probably equivalent to 3 suitcases of stuff. I imagine I will pack it all into one big packing case for shipping.

Ideally pick up from our home in Sydney and deliver to home in Bangkok.

I used a similar service a few years ago from the UK, door to door. Took about 6 weeks and cost about $200 I think.

Any thoughts or advice most appreciated.

Might also use the same service to ship a few things to our retirement Condo in Bangkok next year..........

I have used http://www.packsend.com.au/ succesfully. Each store is a franchise so service may vary a bit.

Your niece should be able to bring the stuff in duty free if she is thai returning after 3 years...but only1 each of electrical electronic items.

You however would be subject to duty and sales tax if you are not thai returning after 2 years as there is no concession exscept for those taking up residence with a work permit.

I have used http://www.packsend.com.au/ succesfully. Each store is a franchise so service may vary a bit.

Your niece should be able to bring the stuff in duty free if she is thai returning after 3 years...but only1 each of electrical electronic items.

You however would be subject to duty and sales tax if you are not thai returning after 2 years as there is no concession exscept for those taking up residence with a work permit.

Thanks, I'll check them out.