Passport renewal in the UK - What happens to my retirement extension now?

I would like to renew my passport here in the UK (while I am visiting family), but I wonder - will I lose my retirement extension, and my re-entry permit?

Or will I be able to re-enter Thailand using both the cancelled passport, and the new one?

I would save approx. 80 sterling doing it this way, so if it's possible...

No problem just show both passports with old passport with to show re-entry permit in old passport on entry. Then a trip to immigration to transfer stamps to new passport.

Just did it in this way, last week. I got the entry stamp in the new passport, valid until the date, my extension of stay expires. The very polite immigration officer at the airport just informed me to do the 90-day-report, 90 days after my arrival.

I wasn't sure when to make the transfer of stamps. Are there any rules? Before of leaving the country again? For security reasons, I'll do it tomorrow wink.png

Thank you! My questions about the rules were more a theoretical approach, since I'll get it done by tomorrow.

So this means, it wouldn't be possible to leave and return to Thailand with the two passports, even if the extension of stay and the reentry-permit are still valid?

Believe you would be directed to your immigration office to make the transfer of stamps - as was the system for all such new passports up until the last year or two - now those with visa exempt or visa entry and having both passports can take care of it at exit points.

Just finished this procedure today.

Arrived at the airport as described above.

Yesterday I went to Jomtien immigration with

Both passports with arrival card

Copies of the passports main pages

Copies of visa page, extension of stay, re-entry permit pages from the old passport

Copies of arrival card and arrival stamp from the new passport

Filled out form of 'Transfer Stamp to new passport'

10 minutes waiting time

Today I picked the passports up with all stamps in the new passport, no waiting time, no fees.