Living in Bang Saen(Chonburi Province)

Mangosteen1

"Not so polluted," 5555555

Just a few tons of garbage washing up on the beach daily! If you want to go native, they maybe you can survive in bangsean...boring as anywhere else in Los for a farang but at least only 40 minutes from both pattaya and Bangkok. You sound like a newbie so I guess it's all still good to you...so why not BS or Nakorn Nowhere for the gai yaan 5555

Yes I will probably go half native or find my own things, joining the fishermen on their trips "fishing up trash" or something smile.png Los? BS? What does gai yaan mean?wai.gif

Newbie as suspected...only such would agree with GF to live in BS...but like I said, it's all new and interesting to you but old and boring to the rest of us.

It will be easier for her to get rid of the corpse in BS than in Pattaya.

Edited by scotinsiam

Just a few tons of garbage washing up on the beach daily! If you want to go native, they maybe you can survive in bangsean...boring as anywhere else in Los for a farang but at least only 40 minutes from both pattaya and Bangkok. You sound like a newbie so I guess it's all still good to you...so why not BS or Nakorn Nowhere for the gai yaan 5555

Yes I will probably go half native or find my own things, joining the fishermen on their trips "fishing up trash" or something smile.png Los? BS? What does gai yaan mean?wai.gif

Newbie as suspected...only such would agree with GF to live in BS...but like I said, it's all new and interesting to you but old and boring to the rest of us.

Haha my corpse huh?I better start writing my testimony thumbsup.gif

Oh I dont know about that, consider this.

Stick the corpse in a chair in the corner of any Cheap Charlie bar in soi Buakao, place a bottle of Chang on the table and no-one would be able to tell the difference from the other customers.

• Like 1

I lived in Bang Saen 2011-12. I found it clean (compared to BKK and Pattaya... duh), orderly, no mass inclination to rip me off at every waking moment. Rented some house in development (if you do, be sure to check out the number of yappy dogs Thais seem to like to buy like an accessory... take care of dog? Never!). I found it very boring overall. Was it the town? was it the soon to be exwife? Who knows? But glad I left it.... I guess I like stimulation too much...

• Like 1

My list of more stuff is about 5 years old but I think its still the same.

The best zoo I have been to is just up the road(Shrichi Zoo sp). Take a motorbike and ride around the park like zoo.

The Island off (Shrichi sp) can rent a motobike and explore.

If your a golf nut there are many golf courses.

Burapha Univ has a great book store and library. Lots of English mags and books. You might have to get creative to get a libuary card.

Every province has a Bhudist Temple that has parable displays outside, park like. Its located in obscure location. Take your camera.

There is an ultra lite flying club in the neighborhood.

Learn the songtaw routes and get ready for the dogs to chase your arss.

There are some open air falang beer drinking areas that you can find. Just cruse around different times till you find them.

Burapha Univ offers a Silver Tour Guide Card your gal can earn. TOT for info. You can help with her study and get a library card.

You can find some good local taxi for trips to airport etc. Ask the locals.

Burapha bookstore is great - if you want to brush up on your calculus or sociology.. You won't find the latest best-seller there or even The Bangkok Post.. I think there is a small Aisa books in Laem Tong shopping mall though. Keep in mind that at night there are no song taews and even motorbike-taxis are hard to find so you will need at least a bicycle to get around,

For a day trip it is OK but I think that neighboring SiraCha would be much more livable.

Agree with all you corrections.

How about that aquarium at the University ? It was already OK and I think they were expanding it when I was there.

Nice and cool too.

I used to live in BS for 18 months starting in 2012.

BS is booming regaring real estate, nightlife, entertainment, students, traffic, etc.

BS is a real "safe' haven for deranged Bangkokians and especially during the weekends you mostly encounter major police-checks on Sukhumvit (both ways) and the major entrance road into Bang Saen.......really welcoming.

I guess it will take 5-10 years and BS is a serious competion for Pattaya.

OK, there is a lot of building activities going on, along the beach and right behind Laem Thong Shoppingmall.......enough choices.

Big minus: shopping is as good as impossible.....Laem Thong has a Tops, but that one looks more like a big 7/11 the Thai-way.

The nearest BigC is approx. 10 km from BS-beach.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...