Court dismisses weapons trafficking case against red-shirt Surachai

webfact

"No ethics, no morals and no conscience........."

And of course, precious little evidence for this assertion.

It really wouldn't matter to you if I listed the evidence (ad infinitum)

supporting my assertion. I figure I will waste my time and you will

maintain your perspective anyway. Pointless.

Please do.

It does matter to me that you list your evidence.

Go ahead, show us.

Well I certainly can not give you a long list but I was here in the 2010 Red Shirt so called peaceful demonstration. In fact I supported it until it became obvious that it was not a peaceful demonstration. Peaceful demonstrators do not seize public property or carry weapons. What need would a peaceful demonstration have with barbed wire or guns. Or what did they hope to gain by firing rockets into public transportation centers. Not to mention invading hospitals encouraging their followers to burn Bangkok down. Then making an attempt to do it.

I was and still am not a fan of Abhist but he was elected PM using the same system that Thakssin and his next two party's had so I see no reason for all the violence they participated.

As I said I can not give you a long list but that one item should speak volumes to you.

I may not know every thing but I do know the money to finance it did not come from the Dems. It would seem the red shirt participants take orders from Thaksin. So yes I can connect the dot's. Did he not make long distance calls to encourage them rather than telling them they were wrong. Also what did the PTP do to try and ease the problem? How many of the participants have been charged. Why is it the people who caused the problem and the ones who sat by and never lifted a finger to help stop it are now in power and not chasing down the leaders trying them and then penalizing them?

It makes no sense to me other than rank corruption.

• Like 1

There are many reasons that people may not want to stick by evidence that was produced during a time when a dubiously installed government was being kept in place by the army and the only policy was discredit those demonstrating against them unsuccessful as that policy was. At that time undercover agents said...

It seems anyway that there is in fact no real evidence and hence the case has collapsed. I wonder if the dude can sue for all the time he was kept locked up for no reason.

You are sadly mistaken there was nothing dubious about how the government was installed. You may not have been here but it was elected the same way as the previous and the currant government were elected.

If you have proof they were elected in a different manner please tell us.

I thought not.

As for the army supporting them it would seem that was the out come as a result of the police refusing to do their job and disband the demonstrators when they occupied public property and built barricades around it. The army was the only thing between Thailand and anarchy.

You find some thing wrong with that?

Please elaborate and try to be a little more accurate than you were with how they got elected.

• Like 1

It seems anyway that there is in fact no real evidence and hence the case has collapsed. I wonder if the dude can sue for all the time he was kept locked up for no reason.

You must be joking...

There was lots of real evidence.

There was lots of reasons to keep him locked up.

The weapons trafficking charges against him were just the beginning for this multiple-crime-committing-red-shirt-thug.

That's why we don't read in the OP that he was released. wink.png

The mystery is how all this evidence and all these witnesses seemed to have disappeared for this red shirt gang member.

A sampling of his other Red Shirt mobster crimes

On Friday, Surachai attended the remand hearing on terrorism charge at the Criminal Court after his Thursday's arrest in Lop Buri.

In his statement given to DSI, he said he accompanied Arisman to take refuge in Cambodia. He returned to his Buri Ram home on June 26 but Arisman has remained in the neighbouring country.

Surachai admitted he was one of the red-shirt guards firing the Tavor assualt rifle into Dusit Thani Hotel at Saladaeng, causing property damage and the evacuation of guests and foreign reporters inside the hotel.

He said the rifle attack was meant as a reprisal for the killing of his military leader Maj General Khattiya "Seh Daeng" Sawasdipol.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/07/16/politics/Arisman-hiding-in-Cambodia-30133934.html

A man identified as a former right-hand man of late Army adviser Khattiya Sawasdiphol was allegedly behind several grenade and gunfire attacks during the red-shirt protests in May, in addition to two other attacks he admitted to after his arrest on Thursday, Department of Special Investigation sources said yesterday.

According to the sources, Surachai Thewarat, 25, was possibly linked to two grenade attacks on April 10 that killed five soldiers, including Colonel Romklao Thuwatham;

an M-79 grenade attack on the Sala Daeng BTS station on April 22;

another on the 11th Infantry Regiment on March 28;

a rocket-propelled-grenade attack on Dusit Thani Hotel on May 17;

and an M-79 attack near Lumpini Park, which killed two policemen.

After his arrest on Thursday, the jobless Buri Ram native allegedly admitted to taking part in two attacks, one with an M-79 on May 19 on Lumpini police station and a gunfire attack on a police checkpoint on May 8, which killed one policeman.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/07/17/national/Ex-Khattiya-aide-behind-weapons-attacks-DSI-30133963.html

Edited by hitz

Please do.

Go ahead, show us.

Please don't.

The off-topic, derailing discussion of whether or not Thailand is getting worse or better seems much better suited for a separate General Forum thread (found at least a dozen threads there on a search).

Please do.

Go ahead, show us.

Please don't.

The off-topic, derailing discussion of whether or not Thailand is getting worse or better seems much better suited for a separate General Forum thread (found at least a dozen threads there on a search).

But I believe it is relevant.

In order to consider fully these news items, one must be able to put it into context.

If this is 'how it's always been done', the news item/topic has a different relevance than if it's part of the new regime.

As I can't compare the situations, I don't think it's off topic to ask people who can supply that input, to do so

Anyway, that was my intention.

Please do.

Go ahead, show us.

Heres an example of Red justice in action, a cliche from a red spin doctor trumps any evidence anyone can produce, even eye witness accounts.

Go ahead, make my day

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Can some of the expats who've been here a long time, venture an opinion - are things getting worse or has it always been like this?

There has always been '' flexibility and creative problem solving '' within the system, however I feel that in my 22+ years here it is the worst it has even been regarding political chicanery, corruption, nepotism and outright contempt for the laws of the land and its peoples .

I don't believe it has ever been all that different; it's just that since the advent of "Instant Communications" (Mobile Phones; Internet; Email etc.) everything is simply that much more "visible" than it was in the past ?

coffee1.gif

Mr Tharit, accompanied by his deputy Pol Col Narat Savetnant, outlined a sting operation conducted jointly by DSI officials and navy marines to buy war weapons from Mr Surachai and four other people in Sattahip district of Chon Buri province on June 10.

The undercover agents bought war weapons including two AK47 rifles, M79 grenade launchers, hand grenades, and assorted ammunition for 60,000 baht from Mr Surachai and other members of the gang, he said http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?35054-DSI-Surachai-involved-in-arms-trade.

These people that bought these weapons must have vanished of the face of the planet then.

Where there is a will there is a way, where there is no will there is no way. Seems like competent prosecutors are needed who are loyal to their profession.

• Like 1