Guest House or cheap hotel with great wifi?

BugJackBaron

Hey Chiangmaiites

I'm heading for my first trip to Chiang Mai in 7 years and want

to know if it is still possible to get a 400 baht guest house in the inner city.

I also need wifi with enough bandwidth to use Skype.

Do any guest houses or hotels in the 500 to 800 baht range offer this?

Preference is for somewhere near or in the inner city.

Cheers.

A friend of mine stayed 10 days in an air-con room at Cumpun guest house for around 350 baht a night. Based on the map on tripadvisor it's just inside the north-east corner of the moat. Apparently the wifi's reliable and the Belgian owner's very helpful.

I stayed at Yindee Stylish Guest House for nearly a month and Skyped to the US every day. Excellent wifi.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293917-d1637270-Reviews-Yindee_Stylish_Guesthouse-Chiang_Mai.html

According to the web site you gave for a three week period in Feb. it was 935 baht a night. I am sure there are cheaper places in the old city. Try Inn of the North guest house.

Go to Agoda and see what you can find there. Asking here will not get you many answers in your price range.You might have to take a lesser place and look around.

I am sure there are many places that will fit your requirements. The wifi is getting better here in Chiang Mai than it was 7 years ago.

I stayed at Yindee Stylish Guest House for nearly a month and Skyped to the US every day. Excellent wifi.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293917-d1637270-Reviews-Yindee_Stylish_Guesthouse-Chiang_Mai.html

According to the web site you gave for a three week period in Feb. it was 935 baht a night. I am sure there are cheaper places in the old city. Try Inn of the North guest house.

Go to Agoda and see what you can find there. Asking here will not get you many answers in your price range.You might have to take a lesser place and look around.

I am sure there are many places that will fit your requirements. The wifi is getting better here in Chiang Mai than it was 7 years ago.

Check out Agoda.com. When I stayed there in June I paid about 700-800 baht/night. Very nice location and very quiet along with the good wifi.

Check out Agoda.com. When I stayed there in June I paid about 700-800 baht/night. Very nice location and very quiet along with the good wifi.

You could be rite. I used Agoda as it is the one on their web site but I put in February where as June is a low season.

I stayed at RCN Court and Inn for about 10 days last month. A/c, frig, eng tv, well above average wi-fi. Front desk rate is 500, but agoda does 4th night free promotion. It was costing me about 360 to 370 per night, in blocks of four nights. Nice coin washer and kitchen to use on the first floor. MM Soi 7.

You could be rite. I used Agoda as it is the one on their web site but I put in February where as June is a low season.

Yes, it appears they've gone from about 750 in June to about 900 now. Isn't it a bit early for high season?