Off To The Temple.....

theblether

Is chanting anything like blethering ?

No, I do not know about chanting, but being one of the Blethers fellow Scots, I can tell you what blethering means in Scotland. It actually means talking a lot of nonsense, one thing the Blether does not do.

We talkin bout the same character ?

You mean you think the blether talks a lot of nonsense? Tch Tch.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+quote name="soi41" post="6905066" timestamp="1381289476"]

I always thought, that going to a temple, for whatever reason, was a private and spiritual thing? Not a media-event!

But that's just me.

+1

I've been informed by Thai friends that good Thais go to the temple humbly and quietly.....not seeking public approbation.

It's a TaiYai village, maybe he should arrive on horseback?

Blether on a skinny Thai horse??

Can you imagine the reaction from animals rights activists??whistling.gif

beatdeadhorse.gif Trying to revive the poor animal after Mr B's arrival!

• Like 1

When you can take the pebbles from his hand it will be time to leave grasshopper.

Yeah I want a video of you lifting that fiery urn and cauterizing the dragon on your forearms...... dont forget 2 pingpong balls for the full look.

Cant you just sit at home with the light off for a bit instead

• Like 1

Bleth, you've got me worrying for you now.

One is a meditative chanting centre, the other is based upon silent meditation.

Don't do the silent meditation - silence is not you.

And stay away from the first if you are not sure you can pass constant blethering off as chanting.

And anyway... do they have internet?

Give this meditation and retrospection a malarky a miss and stick to your well practiced and proven method of self affirmation - Blethering - its what you do best.

biggrin.png No wifi.......that's why I'm going, to give you all peace.

Don't say I'm not good to you. smile.png

Right I'm away now......see you all later. wai.gif

I have heard of Farangs that have had to pay to stay at a Temple,did you have to pay anything?

Bleth, you've got me worrying for you now.

One is a meditative chanting centre, the other is based upon silent meditation.

Don't do the silent meditation - silence is not you.

And stay away from the first if you are not sure you can pass constant blethering off as chanting.

And anyway... do they have internet?

Give this meditation and retrospection a malarky a miss and stick to your well practiced and proven method of self affirmation - Blethering - its what you do best.

biggrin.png No wifi.......that's why I'm going, to give you all peace.

Don't say I'm not good to you. smile.png

Right I'm away now......see you all later. wai.gif

I have heard of Farangs that have had to pay to stay at a Temple,did you have to pay anything?

Watch the video, they seem to be marketing it as a type of meditation resort, i assume they make a bit of money.

Watch the video, they seem to be marketing it as a type of meditation resort, i assume they make a bit of money.

They have overheads ... so I'd presume some coin is involved ... only fair.

• Like 1

Is chanting anything like blethering ?

No, I do not know about chanting, but being one of the Blethers fellow Scots, I can tell you what blethering means in Scotland. It actually means talking a lot of nonsense, one thing the Blether does not do.

We talkin bout the same character ?

Yes.

• Like 1

Another day passes. I wonder if Khun Blether's stomach is beginning to think his throat has been cut by now.

Hehehe reminds of that story about the bloke who joins a particular monastery where the monks are sworn to a vow of silence, and each monk is permitted to speak only two words per year.

After the first year he is fronted to the Abbot who asks him what he has to say.

'More food' - says the monk

Second year passes and he fronts the Abbot again. What have you to say this year?

'More Blankets' - says the monk

Third year passes and he fronts the Abbot again - What have you to say this year?

'I quit!' says the monk

'About bloody time', says the Abbot, you have stopped whingeing since you got here!'

Edited by cpofc
  • Like 2

They have overheads ... so I'd presume some coin is involved ... only fair.

Agreed, everything costs money. If people are willing to pay for it then...

As for costs there are not many temples which actually make a charge. The food is often what the monks get from alms-round or locals contribute....no need for much bedding or electric....but Thais are very good at leaving a donation when they leave...without having to be asked....for some reason Westerners are very stingy about donations but quite happy to pay a proper fee.

As for costs there are not many temples which actually make a charge. The food is often what the monks get from alms-round or locals contribute....no need for much bedding or electric....but Thais are very good at leaving a donation when they leave...without having to be asked....for some reason Westerners are very stingy about donations but quite happy to pay a proper fee.

I would and have left a donation but I will not pay a fee.

Didn't the OP promise us some time ago that he would go to the temple for a month ?

Promise long, and deliever short !whistling.gif

He must like to tease both of you tongue.png

Must be real challenge to read all this and not being able to defend yourself, because everyone has to believe you're still at that temple without WiFi.,

• Like 1

Didn't the OP promise us some time ago that he would go to the temple for a month ?

Promise long, and deliever short !whistling.gif

He must like to tease both of you tongue.png

Must be real challenge to read all this and not being able to defend yourself, because everyone has to believe you're still at that temple without WiFi.,

Sorry - why does he have to defend himself ? with or without wifi is neither here nor there. The guy is a brilliant writer and his blethering envokes a passion seldom seen ..... IMHO of course and it has a dry wit I love.

I realise it may be humourous to be a gad-fly but let's give him a few days off and wait for the trip report, which I'm anxiously awaiting.