Norwegian falls to his death from South Pattaya Condominium

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone find out the amount of foreign suicides in Thailand broken down by natinality, would be interesting to know if it is indeed higher than normal numbers anywhere else . the world highest under 40 sucide is south korea, highest overall is japan . because there seems to be higher numbers here than would be in home countries.

I wonder how they actually do this?? Do they ask friends to come and help or do they wait until the guy is leaning over and give him a push?

I fear you are jumping to the wrong conclusion. The report indicates his g/f was called to the scene so was not actually present when he fell/jumped. Sad but too common, and yes, pun intended.

fell, ?, jumped ?, you forgot pushed !sad.png

But there's a story like this every day in Pattaya on Thai Visa. There has to be some relationship. Are people buying condos and then getting killed so the condos revert back the Thai companies because foreigners can't pass condos onto other people after they die?

There's got to be some larger scheme in play here? It can't all be coincidence, that every day people are murdered in their apartments in Pattaya, or jump.

What on earth are you talking about. Why would the condo be in a Thai company name? A foreigner can own a condo outright, and will it to whoever he pleases.

Suicides happen, and a resort type place/ last fling concept makes Pattaya a possible venue.

Aren't there more suicides in South Korea and China....?

Jaco, give him a break, he has only made 15 posts...

The big problem is that if this guy actually owned his condo it would be a big headache for the condo management having to deal with family and solicitors in Norway trying to wind up his estate, and the land registry people.

Do some posters keep in mind that the man's family might read this forum?

I agree with thailandtony: some of the haters should just pack up and leave.

Agree. Unfortunately, the Internet gives haters and bigots, the anonymity that fuels their vitriolic tirades. RIP to this human being.

• Like 2

Such a terrible waste of a young life. Whatever happend at home that pushed you over the edge we'll never know. But of course things do happen to our relatives and family when we are away. Those of us that are committed to Thailand for a long time have to be strong when the disturbing news from our home arrive. And then we shall try to be strong. Such is always a problem for us and our families after we are used to living thousands of miles apart. We shall pray for your family, wishing them peace with fond memories of you in their lives as they contemplate their future without you young man.

Thank you for the kind posting. It is indeed refreshing to read a sane, sensitive post without profanities, name calling and juvenile comments.

• Like 2

I don't understand why there seem to be so many of these incidents at that particular building?

Ghosts?

Something in the air?

Have you been there? It's kind of depressing.

I sorta think it,s a great place, a Shangrila, a pearl of the orient, and the best location of any apartment block in Pattaya. Mathematically it would seem probable that there may be a higher number of mishaps originating in this condo because it is the most popular and most populated unit in town. You don,t get many accidents in an empty block.

To me it seems Pattaya gets a disproportionately higher % of expats that

either / or

# indulge in excessive alcohol intake = accident prone during or after intoxication. Alcohol abuse has a higher suicide rate also.

# advancing age ; maybe poor balance and coordination. also higher suicide rate and compounded if chronic/ debilitating disease is present.

# associate with low end local society which may lead to facilitated falls. eg: criminality

Therefore; why wouldn't the death rates be higher.

GIven that drinking is a big part of the deal in Pattaya and that ethanol is a depressant and that Pattaya attracts a lot of drifters , down and outers, chancers, alcoholics, losers, desperadoes then it should not be surprising that there is a high suicide rate should it?

Is it only blokes that jump from condos?

A previous girlfriend treatened to jump from my condo balcony on seveal occasions needless to say she is long gone couldn't put up with that. Thank God or Buddha most of us won't go through the problems the jumpers think they face.Rip.

46 is so young. I wish we had more details. Problems in Norway? There is the stereotype of businessman/investor jumping out the window after losing all of their money that comes to my mind. (Of course I am just thinking.) But, I am deathly afraid of heights. I can't imagine the mental pressures that would make me do that. We really don't know what was going on with him. This is a sad story that we read too often on TV and it makes you wonder. And rarely are there ANY answers just more questions. RIP.

On the topic of the high number of suicides whether apparent or real there are a few considerations.

For foreign people with problems or who are depressed here there is zero help to be had. There is likely no close family here to share troubles with, there is no support through social services, the police are a joke and it is hard to make close friends.

The foreign embassies are if anything more depressing than the affliction as they do nothing and despite their propaganda do not give a hoot about their nationals in difficulty.

If you do find someone to help they are likely on the take or getting a commission from introductions or help in the hope of picking up your assets when you are gone.

Then of course there are the people who are murdered because the owner decides the 30 year lease you have is a bit too long, of you girlfriend decides to annul your usufruct permanently or someone wants to take over your business or remove the competition.

How many of each sort is impossible to tell because of the corruption here.

I think this poor soul had one too many problems and zero help from anyone. I sometimes wonder how the world has become so heartless and selfish. It is rather depressing.

I hope he finds his peace in a less self centered place.

Well said!

What on earth are you talking about. Why would the condo be in a Thai company name? A foreigner can own a condo outright, and will it to whoever he pleases.

Under current law only 49% of a condo building can be owned directly by foreigners. The rest must be owned by Thais or Thai companies.

This means that in buildings that are popular with foreigners there is invariably a significant number of units owned indirectly by foreigners via the company-name route (or indeed in a Thai wife's name).

Many new Pattaya developments actively promote off-plan sales to farangs via company structures once the farang quota has been sold.

It's like 9/11.

Only bed wetters and coincidence theorists swallow the official explanation.

And only the conspiracy theorists see something sinister behind every thing ... and know the facts when 99% of the rest of the world don't. How do they get so smart and the rest of us so dumb??

• Like 1

Countries like Norway and Sweden are very happy citizen in the world so when they face problems it's a bit for them to accept in financial and love but

we have to be dare to lose and one day we might rise up again for good example the sandwich king during 1997 crisis he lost everything and able to fight all the hard ship as life is very precious and we only live once..

To me it seems Pattaya gets a disproportionately higher % of expats that

either / or

# indulge in excessive alcohol intake = accident prone during or after intoxication. Alcohol abuse has a higher suicide rate also.

# advancing age ; maybe poor balance and coordination. also higher suicide rate and compounded if chronic/ debilitating disease is present.

# associate with low end local society which may lead to facilitated falls. eg: criminality

Therefore; why wouldn't the death rates be higher.

This could be true. It would be interesting to see a research paper on it.

Who knows really.

It is clear that a "lot" of foreigners fall to their death in Thailand.

However it is plausible that many are suicides. We are not able to own weapons which is the number one method of suicide for men in the West. This leaves hanging as number two.

Hanging is a pretty private affair. Many times these suicides (I am not saying this one) are about women and lost love etc. Jumping is a more public affair, a way of "punishing" and making a statement.

Just my 2 cents.

Another sad case and sad way to go, RIP. People should not slanderously accuse the man's partner of murder however, I am sure in a many cases the partner of such a case maybe does commit murder but also remember that Pattaya does have a lot of end of the road guys who basically have very limited options (in their state of mind) of returning to their home country and thus end things in a manner like this.

Another (by the sounds of it) decent chap broken by this world of lies, violence and imposition.

Forced to take drastic measures as if there were something wrong with not wanting to live in a world of duplicity, sleaze and predatory malice.

I admire most of these guys for having the courage to escape a world that needed to be shut down 5000 years ago. The universal suffering is at its most horrifying when unhappiness has been stigmatised by those who are responsible for all misery. You will suffer to please them or they will make you suffer. No third option. Happiness is not possible but they will relieve the pain they inflict to make you need their comfort. You're not allowed to complain. You're not allowed to speak truth. You're not allowed to be humane. What kind of demons stigmatise death? What kind of vermin would incarcerate medical practitioners for being humane and assisting those who don't want to impose on third-party innocents or cause a fuss or endure needless suffering? When you open your eyes and see what the demons stigmatise...

Good is uncertain.
Evil Knows Best.

Thus, history.

"O yet a nobler task awaits thy hand;

For what can war but endless war still breed?
Till Truth and Right from Violence be freed,
And Public Faith clear'd from the shameful brand
Of Public Fraud. In vain doth Valour bleed
While Avarice and Rapine share the land."

- John Milton

RIP

Edited by TheyCallmeScooter

What on earth are you talking about. Why would the condo be in a Thai company name?

A foreigner can own a condo outright, and will it to whoever he pleases.

Under current law only 49% of a condo building can be owned directly by foreigners. The rest must be owned by Thais or Thai companies.

Don't see what is your point relative to this case ?

Anyway you are very wrong here because Center Condo does not have a 49% ratio but a 90% one. It has been built at a period where Thai government tried to encourage foreigners to buy condos. Not same rules as new newer condos.

// And the only reason that it appears that there are so many suicides in Thailand

is because Thailand still report it as news. They gave up reporting suicides in the media in Australia in the early 1970's.

Very true. I am from France and except in the case of a "celebrity" media rarely talk about suicides, but when you look at statistics you see nearly 30 suicides/day when in comparison road accidents make "only" 10 deaths/day...

What on earth are you talking about. Why would the condo be in a Thai company name?

A foreigner can own a condo outright, and will it to whoever he pleases.

Don't see what is your point relative to this case ?

Anyway you are very wrong here because Center Condo does not have a 49% ratio but a 90% one. It has been built at a period where Thai government tried to encourage foreigners to buy condos. Not same rules as new newer condos.

The point is that it answers his question about why should a condo be in company name.

As for the older buildings with higher farang quotas; I know. That's why I said "under current law". It seemed unnecessary to give the full details about older buildings as presumably they dont apply in this case (if they did the question of company name would not arise).

Its become so embarrassing that this forum now has so many members who are simply dickheads and think they know it all. Forum is becoming a media for these idiots. Pity they don't have a life outside the bars

BECOME???

I see you haven't been a member for long.

Actually no way of knowing how long anyone has been a TV Member just by looking at the duration of their current ID/avatar.