Which Company is the Best Visa Agent in Chiang Mai

Prof Bill

If it looks like a troll, quacks like a troll.....................wink.png

What ever you think it is up to you. I have been in touch with a couple of Visa Agents and the response I got could not have been so different.

The first company I telephoned would not give me any information at all regarding the cost of any of the services that I was asking about. So I telephoned another visa company who gave me a list of their service cost. All I was trying to do is find out what other members could tell me.The two responses I got was not what I was expecting but thanks anyway it gives me a good insight of what to expect.

Welcome to Thaivisa. There's a number of frequent posters who contribute precious little in responding to requests for help or information. You'll figure out soon enough who they are. The search function is the only helpful friend you're likely to make.

• Like 2

If it looks like a troll, quacks like a troll.....................wink.png

What ever you think it is up to you. I have been in touch with a couple of Visa Agents and the response I got could not have been so different.

The first company I telephoned would not give me any information at all regarding the cost of any of the services that I was asking about. So I telephoned another visa company who gave me a list of their service cost. All I was trying to do is find out what other members could tell me.The two responses I got was not what I was expecting but thanks anyway it gives me a good insight of what to expect.

TVCM has now reached the point where if you don't post a video, or in your case an audio clip, of the event then the cynics will assume it's a hoax. It's sad that so many people will automatically assume the worst about everyone when the norm should be to assume that people are honest and decent until proven otherwise, but that is the reality for many people who come to live here and post here - they soon become miserable, negative, cynics. It's probably more to do with their life choices than their upbringing.

One of your detractors has quite an amusing entry on his profile, (under the title of Interests). Irony at it's best. TV can occasionally be informative, amusing and interesting but it would be a sad day for anyone if it were to become your only Interest. As he so rightly says "only on TV".

I disagree about the audio or video clip being needed. How ever there are many who will immediately with out letting any previous post lead into it turn a serious enquirer into a joke. I have often posted mocking posts myself but not with out a lead into them.

You will find that topics get changed high jacked so to speak. I opened this one because I was interested in who would give the best service. You can get a list of service providers but who gives the best well that is a serious question when it comes to are Visas.

As you can see it took only one post to put it into the joke category and a few more to high jack it to the type of people who use TV.

No one willing to give you there opinion of there service provider. Just post that you do it yourself and they are all over that how great they are that they don;t have to go in them selves and for an online appointment you are not to brite if you don't make one overlooking the fact that immigration does 60 extensions a day and only 10 of them can be booked. They feel superior to the other 50 I guess.

Well there you have it I have gone off topic and talked about other poster's and I admit I have been guilty myself. but not with out a lead in to it.

The question still remains who gives the best service. As you say you have been given prices from a company but those who are so proud of using them don't want to share what the service is like.

I for one am interested as of now I do it myself and it is an enjoyable day for me because I incorporate other items into it. I always if I have to wait find interesting people to talk with and I have a book to read. But the day is coming when it might be a physical problem for me. It would be nice to know if there was a service better than others and I am not interested in the price. 500 baht for a year is chicken feed. I say that as I see some people are bent out of shape by a 500 baht a year increase in cost.

Edit

Forgot to mention rant over.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Welcome to Thaivisa. There's a number of frequent posters who contribute precious little in responding to requests for help or information. You'll figure out soon enough who they are. The search function is the only helpful friend you're likely to make.

I disagree completely.

There are many helpful and knowledgeable posters on ThaiVisa.

The only problem is that they are outnumbered ten to one by Idiots [oops!] that seem to have too much time on their hands. These people shouldn't be here in the first place. They have no real connection to Chiang Mai - no occupation, no long-term family relationships. It's just a cheap place to live, and it never snows. They should have returned home when their vacation was up.

But they stayed on and developed a cartoonish persona hopped-up on an abnormally high post count. Their prey is emotionally vulnerable newbies on whom they swoop down on like hawks on little chickens.

Welcome to ThaiVisa.

Back to the OP..... I use ThaiVisa Assist in Chiang mai Land.

I cant tell you a comparison as I havent used anyone else. They seem to me to be efficient, inexpensive, knowledgeable and apparently have good contacts at CM< Immigration-which seems important to me.

If true to form on TV, this post will flush out others with opposing views so you may even get usable info!

Caveat Emptor

• Like 2

I also use Thai Visa Assist and am happy with them. I will say though that if they raise their fees I probably will do at least the annual renewals myself.

When I first came here I was put off by the cluster &lt;deleted&gt; at the Immigration Office but from reading recent topics it seems to have gotten better.

Will use TVA regardless for the 90 day notifications as I'm going to be traveling next year and don't want to plan my trips around having to

visit Immigration.

I agree with side issue here that there seems to be a fair number of individuals making inane, unhelpful posts when people ask for information in good faith.

However whenever something like this bothers me I'll sing out " every sha - la - la- la / every wo - o - wo still shines / every shing - a - ling - a - ling

that they're startin' to sing's so fine. It's yesterday once more"

I may have misinterpreted your post, but just in case you don't know..... When you leave the country the need to do the 90 day report expires. You only report any time you're here for 90 days or more. If, for example, you leave after 80 days, then when you return the 90 day count starts again at 1.

I also use Thai Visa Assist and am happy with them. I will say though that if they raise their fees I probably will do at least the annual renewals myself.

When I first came here I was put off by the cluster &lt;deleted&gt; at the Immigration Office but from reading recent topics it seems to have gotten better.

Will use TVA regardless for the 90 day notifications as I'm going to be traveling next year and don't want to plan my trips around having to

visit Immigration.

I agree with side issue here that there seems to be a fair number of individuals making inane, unhelpful posts when people ask for information in good faith.

However whenever something like this bothers me I'll sing out " every sha - la - la- la / every wo - o - wo still shines / every shing - a - ling - a - ling

that they're startin' to sing's so fine. It's yesterday once more"

I may have misinterpreted your post, but just in case you don't know..... When you leave the country the need to do the 90 day report expires. You only report any time you're here for 90 days or more. If, for example, you leave after 80 days, then when you return the 90 day count starts again at 1.

That has been my experience as long as I had a multi reentry visa.

But you might want to check with immigration. From what I have picked up over the years some times different offices will handle things differently. I am in Chiang Mai and have never had a problem with it here.

I disagree completely.

There are many helpful and knowledgeable posters on ThaiVisa.

The only problem is that they are outnumbered ten to one by Idiots [oops!] that seem to have too much time on their hands. These people shouldn't be here in the first place. They have no real connection to Chiang Mai - no occupation, no long-term family relationships. It's just a cheap place to live, and it never snows. They should have returned home when their vacation was up.

But they stayed on and developed a cartoonish persona hopped-up on an abnormally high post count. Their prey is emotionally vulnerable newbies on whom they swoop down on like hawks on little chickens.

Welcome to ThaiVisa.

Absolutely. My post count has already reached oner 2000 in just less than 11 years. Get a life you may say.

But there are also an awful lot of trolls.

OP - it looked very much like a typical troll post. A few visa agencies that you can utilize although it looks like they are now becoming expensive and a few problems starting to occur.

Immigration is now a much more user friendly place and with a little planning and a couple of hours a year you can do visas,90 days,reentry permits very easily yourself.

Back to the OP..... I use ThaiVisa Assist in Chiang mai Land.

I cant tell you a comparison as I havent used anyone else. They seem to me to be efficient, inexpensive, knowledgeable and apparently have good contacts at CM< Immigration-which seems important to me.

If true to form on TV, this post will flush out others with opposing views so you may even get usable info!

Caveat Emptor

I have to agree with you here.

They recently arranged my Retirement extension, and were right on the ball. Took me from the office to Immigration, a short wait and all fixed.

I use Star Visa which is located on the same soi as the American Consulate. Not for the 90 day stuff but to renew my non-O visa. Basically, what they do is organize everything for me and send me on errands to do that which they can't do themselves - like going to the Consulate. Then the check all the assembled documents and put them in a folder. I take the stuff to immigration myself. I think that when the Immigration people see that it's been properly organized and easy to inspect, the process the application more readily. I think the last time I used them I paid about 500 baht.

• Like 2

I use Star Visa which is located on the same soi as the American Consulate. Not for the 90 day stuff but to renew my non-O visa. Basically, what they do is organize everything for me and send me on errands to do that which they can't do themselves - like going to the Consulate. Then the check all the assembled documents and put them in a folder. I take the stuff to immigration myself. I think that when the Immigration people see that it's been properly organized and easy to inspect, the process the application more readily. I think the last time I used them I paid about 500 baht.

Star Visa quoted me 5000 baht for renewal of an OA (retirement) visa. For that money, they go to immigration with you at around noon time and you get to skip the queue.

Edited by AngelsLariat

Star Visa quoted me 5000 baht for renewal of an OA (retirement) visa. For that money, they go to immigration with you at around noon time and you get to skip the queue.

If you make an on line appointment yourself there is no queue, you are seen at the designated time and you save 5,000 baht but each to his own.

For somebody to use an agent for such a simple task as renewing a visa is astounding. A chimpanzee could do it. As I have heard they take you to immigration? Why can't you drive? You apparently drove to their office. They do nothing more than write you name and address on the application, and you pay them? Are you totally inept? How did you possibly get to Thailand on your own, and you can't even write your name and address on a paper. Somebody has to do it for you and then you pay them a lot of money. Surely the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" is accurate. Ok, rant over.

If you make an on line appointment yourself there is no queue, you are seen at the designated time and you save 5,000 baht but each to his own.

I wasn't recommending that service, just stating the price that they quoted for it.

For somebody to use an agent for such a simple task as renewing a visa is astounding. A chimpanzee could do it. As I have heard they take you to immigration? Why can't you drive? You apparently drove to their office. They do nothing more than write you name and address on the application, and you pay them? Are you totally inept? How did you possibly get to Thailand on your own, and you can't even write your name and address on a paper. Somebody has to do it for you and then you pay them a lot of money. Surely the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" is accurate. Ok, rant over.

Ah to be young again and know nothing.

Not necessarily so, maybe a person has lots of dough and 5.000 for this is nothing.......why must he be a fool?

Not necessarily so, maybe a person has lots of dough and 5.000 for this is nothing.......why must he be a fool?

I'm just guessing, Uptheos, maybe because "their" way is the "best" way. Some people think they know what is best......could be the cause of misunderstanding between cultures, also.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm just guessing, Uptheos, maybe because "their" way is the "best" way. Some people think they know what is best......could be the cause of misunderstanding between cultures, also.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Could be, or by trying to insult someone over it, they are merely projecting their frustration at not being able to do the same. Some people can afford it and the poster above obviously can't, so he goes on the attack.

• Like 1

One can be old and still know nothing. I have been told that I know nothing.

And then there is the wisest man of all, Socrates, who could say, in Truth, "I know nothing". This was his truth, in that all is illusion, all are appearances, phenomena, not Noumenon, .......ephemeral, transient, impermanent. When One is the Subject, there can be no objects, except in the play of the fleeting mind.

True enough. I didn't see the value in it because it sounded to me as if the agent would be doing at most about an hour's worth of work for that 5000 baht, but some might figure that since it's a once-per-year expense it isn't that bad. Though people who live on $500 per month might be the most vocal farang expats in Chaing Mai, there actually are also quite a number who spend 1000 baht per head per day on food and drink. The later might be able to rationalize the agent's fee as being merely what it costs them and their wife to go to The Duke's 3 or 4 times.

Edited by AngelsLariat

True enough. I didn't see the value in it because it sounded to me as if the agent would be doing at most about an hour's worth of work for that 5000 baht, but some might figure that since it's a once-per-year expense it isn't that bad. Though people who live on $500 per month might be the most vocal farang expats in Chaing Mai, there actually are also quite a number who spend 1000 baht per head per day on food and drink. The later might be able to rationalize the agent's fee as being merely what it costs them and their wife to go to The Duke's 3 or 4 times.

I certainly don't see the value in it. The online appointment system has made the annual renewal a doddle and 45 minutes spent at immigration once a year, makes it almost irrelevant to my life. However, some people's renewal might be complicated, I don't know and I certainly wouldn't call someone a fool or inept just because they employed someone to make their life easier. I presume the 5,000 baht is the person's own money to spend on whatever he pleases without the need to justify the reason to anyone. I simply don't understand why people get so uptight over others spending their own money in any way they choose and I maintain that those that would go so far as calling one a fool or inept for doing so, are simply jealous and don't have the means to do it themselves, though they wish they had.

• Like 1