Australian police storm Hells Angels' hideouts

webfact

Australian police storm Hells Angels' hideouts

Melbourne (AFP) - More than 700 Australian police swooped on the Hells Angels biker gang Thursday in a series of heavily-armed raids in Melbourne and its surrounds, seizing guns, ammunition, drugs and cash.

In a coordinated operation, police stormed some 60 clubhouses and properties simultaneously to clamp down on an escalating war between rival motorcycle outfits that has sparked a spate of shootings with high-powered weapons.

The crackdown came after new anti-fortification laws came into effect on Sunday, which allow police to tear down barriers, cameras and booby traps at club facilities.

"If they're affiliated with the Hells Angels, they've been targeted," Acting Deputy Commissioner Steve Fontana told reporters.

Several people were arrested but Fontana said the full extent of what had been seized would take time to determine as many of the properties were heavily fortified.

But he admitted that none of the "high-powered military-style weapons" that police had been searching for had so far been found.

"We're determined to track them down," he said.

"We've located a number of firearms, a large quantity of ammunition, we've located drugs, a large quantity of cash, but the investigations and searches are still going."

He added that police were "extremely concerned about these weapons".

"We're extremely concerned about the intel we've got about the tensions and the intentions of these clubs, and so we thought it necessary to make a pretty strong stance."

Recent incidents involving biker gangs in Melbourne have included a tattoo parlour being sprayed with bullets, makeshift bombs -- which did not explode -- thrown at a gym, and shots fired a Hells Angels clubhouse.

Biker gangs linked to organised crime are a growing problem across Australia, with a mass brawl on the Gold Coast last month prompting Queensland state police to vow to kick them out of the state.

As part of that pledge, new laws are being drafted in Queensland to ban motorcyclists riding in groups of three or more to stop them using numbers to intimidate.

Earlier this year, police launched a series of dawn raids across Sydney targeting outlaw motorcycle gangs, seizing firearms, explosives and drugs.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-10-10

new laws are being drafted in Queensland to ban motorcyclists riding in groups of three or more to stop them using numbers to intimidate.

Should try that here.

That's a good move.thumbsup.gif

That sounds like something that old Joh Bjelke-Petersen would have instigated. He was a tough Premier but Queensland was all the better for it.

Edited by midas
  • Like 2

new laws are being drafted in Queensland to ban motorcyclists riding in groups of three or more to stop them using numbers to intimidate.

Should try that here.

Da fak? Haven't heard anything more retarded in a while now. What if I'm not a member of any gangs but want to go riding with a few of my work mates for example? Can not? blink.png

Don't think this law will pass, it's just stupid.

I think you're wrong there. I don't think you understand how most Queenslanders think. They will certainly back their politicians on this issuewink.png

A lot of the information had come from the public and AC Condon urged the community to keep supporting the police in the crackdown on motorcycle gangs.

"We've had assistance from the community on a daily basis."

http://www.qt.com.au/news/police-show-bikies-their-colours/2046753/

Edited by midas
  • Like 2

Should try that here.

Also, should try that in the US.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

Read some article/post saying that this gang specifically targeted white & Asian family in expensive/luxury automobiles. They brake check right in front of you, then intimidate drivers into forking over $$$ for bumping into them. This was not the first incident, but definitely the worse.

Should try that here.

Da fak? Haven't heard anything more retarded in a while now. What if I'm not a member of any gangs but want to go riding with a few of my work mates for example? Can not? blink.png

Don't think this law will pass, it's just stupid.

If you are out riding with some friends dressed like hell's angels then you will cop it but if you dress in a civilised manner the police will know you are ok after they talk to you.

• Like 1

Should try that here.

That sounds like something that old Joh Bjelke-Petersen would have instigated. He was a tough Premier but Queensland was all the better for it.

I agree. There is nothing more intimidating than having a bunch of 10 year old children on Mio scooters blocking the intersection.

• Like 1

Should try that here.

Made QLD all the better for it? For what? What did QLD get out of it? They're still playing catch up with the rest of the states and only sit ahead of Tasmania, because, well, they're not part of the mainland.

He was a nut job... Using claims that the drapes would fade much quicker in households if QLD adopted daylight savings... And the cows would stop producing milk... Almost as stupid as these laws...

"Can do (sweet f*** all) Campbell" is just trying to big note himself in front of the LNP faithful. The guy's got no idea, going from Brisbane City Mayor to Premier in the blink of an election? He certainly wouldn't be out of place sitting amongst the PTP. Reminds me of a certain former PM actually. Unfortunately, probably says more about the people of QLD than it does anything else.

They won't pass, they tried, succeeded and then lost on appeal (in NSW and SA). It'll go to the High Court, everyone will site the constitutional laws that liberate these OMCG members. The people writing these drafts need to get their wording right, otherwise there's sweet fanny adams chance of these ever coming into effect.

I don't have any affiliations with OMCG's nor do I support what they do, but if the Police want these laws to be entered into law, they've got to get the wording right. Otherwise they will continue to open themselves up to ridiculous claims of discrimination and the courts will have no choice but to side with the OMCG's.

• Like 2

Made QLD all the better for it? For what? What did QLD get out of it? They're still playing catch up with the rest of the states and only sit ahead of Tasmania, because, well, they're not part of the mainland.

He was a nut job... Using claims that the drapes would fade much quicker in households if QLD adopted daylight savings... And the cows would stop producing milk... Almost as stupid as these laws...

"Can do (sweet f*** all) Campbell" is just trying to big note himself in front of the LNP faithful. The guy's got no idea, going from Brisbane City Mayor to Premier in the blink of an election? He certainly wouldn't be out of place sitting amongst the PTP. Reminds me of a certain former PM actually. Unfortunately, probably says more about the people of QLD than it does anything else.

They won't pass, they tried, succeeded and then lost on appeal (in NSW and SA). It'll go to the High Court, everyone will site the constitutional laws that liberate these OMCG members. The people writing these drafts need to get their wording right, otherwise there's sweet fanny adams chance of these ever coming into effect.

I don't have any affiliations with OMCG's nor do I support what they do, but if the Police want these laws to be entered into law, they've got to get the wording right. Otherwise they will continue to open themselves up to ridiculous claims of discrimination and the courts will have no choice but to side with the OMCG's.

I liked him anyway but each to their ownsmile.png

And he had far more principal than the wishy-washy politicians of todaybah.gif

by the way he left Queensland's booming economy with a triple-A credit rating.thumbsup.gif

And there was one occasion when a worker had refused to eat at the same table as aboriginal workers. Joh told his sister to get the man a tray and then told him to eat outside! And, much to Joh's sister Neta's amusement, the man did.

Word of this - in an era when normally a white man would be inside and aborigines outside - spread through the district like a bushfire. But that was Joh. He did what he knew to be right.

http://www.newsweekly.com.au/article.php?id=2298

It looks like the motorcycle gangs actively recruit culture enrichers in order to further their feuds with other gangs and their drug dealing activities.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/criminal-bikie-gangs-boost-numbers-with-young-muslim-and-eastern-european-recruits/story-fni0cx12-1226733932077

Yet more of the many blessings of Multiculturalism, bet you see no biker gangs on PNG.

Police sources said gangs such as the Bandidos were embracing multiculturalism, signing up Lebanese, Turkish and Balkan members from across Sydney as they seek to beef up their ranks.

This is what you get when you have a nanny state. Even the law abiding can lose their freedoms.

The criminals still have guns but the law abiding are defenseless. The criminals will continually get stronger and add more criminals to their ranks to assure it. Eventually even the police will be afraid of them and that's what's driving the police to want to limit the number of bikes which can ride together.

The answer of course is to severely punish criminals, and leave the law abiding alone. Riding in groups isn't a crime. Committing crimes is when the law should step in.

But laws bind only the law abiding. Laws take freedoms away from only the law abiding.

About the incident in the US posted above. First, the police are combing the videos and arresting everyone they can. Some are actually police officers. If that was me in the SUV, about the time they broke my window out, I would have shot two or three of them (legally) and the rest of them would have run like scared rabbits.

• Like 2

Should try that here.

apparently F###all Newman`s security has been beefed up big time.

Australia biker gangs: Queensland plans tough laws

The state plans to establish a prison solely for convicted motorcycle gang members.

The move comes after an escalation in biker gang-linked violence in recent years.

Queensland Premier Campbell Newman said the new laws were designed to "destroy" motorcycle gangs, which are also known as bikie gangs.

He said they would be the toughest anti-bikie laws in the world.

The bills are scheduled for their second reading in Queensland's parliament on Tuesday.

Local media report that the legislation could be passed by the parliament as early as Tuesday evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24516187

It looks like the motorcycle gangs actively recruit culture enrichers in order to further their feuds with other gangs and their drug dealing activities.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/criminal-bikie-gangs-boost-numbers-with-young-muslim-and-eastern-european-recruits/story-fni0cx12-1226733932077

Yet more of the many blessings of Multiculturalism, bet you see no biker gangs on PNG.

Police sources said gangs such as the Bandidos were embracing multiculturalism, signing up Lebanese, Turkish and Balkan members from across Sydney as they seek to beef up their ranks.

Lol. its a Motorcycle Club , not the KKK. and there is nothing illegal to have international friends from foreign countries. there are also Thai MC who welcome foreigners to their clubs. what kind of fascists you are?

Lol. its a Motorcycle Club , not the KKK. and there is nothing illegal to have international friends from foreign countries. there are also Thai MC who welcome foreigners to their clubs. what kind of fascists you are?

Did you read the original story? Here, from the end of it:

"Earlier this year, police launched a series of dawn raids across Sydney targeting outlaw motorcycle gangs, seizing firearms, explosives and drugs."

There is nothing wrong with having a motorcycle club or a car club or a boat club. What's wrong is what these particular people are doing. IMHO it has nothing to do with motorcycles and everything to do with criminal activity and that's where I think the powers that be miss the point.

• Like 2

"Earlier this year, police launched a series of dawn raids across Sydney targeting outlaw motorcycle gangs, seizing firearms, explosives and drugs."

There is nothing wrong with having a motorcycle club or a car club or a boat club. What's wrong is what these particular people are doing. IMHO it has nothing to do with motorcycles and everything to do with criminal activity and that's where I think the powers that be miss the point.

did you read this comment.

The issue of this dudes seems not to be that a MC is allegedly involved in illegal activities, but that it isn't an all-white or white-only MC.

Edited by butterlimbo

Should try that here.

You have got to be kidding about Joh, he was a extremely corrupt launintic.

• Like 1

The issue of this dudes seems not to be that a MC is allegedly involved in illegal activities, but that it isn't an all-white or white-only MC.

Errrr ummm... No, but thanks for playing...

A number of OMCG's have 'embraced' multiculturalism, which, could quite possibly be blamed for the increased exposure or attention they have received in recent years.

Errrr ummm... No, but thanks for playing...

A number of OMCG's have 'embraced' multiculturalism, which, could quite possibly be blamed for the increased exposure or attention they have received in recent years.

a lot of the MCs like the Hell Angels or the Bandidos and other MCs are international MCs with Chapters in many countries. So why the surprise if they are open to foreigners? I don't get it.

to be in a MC or to be a foreigner doesn't automatically mean to be a criminal. multiculturalism is also not a crime.

Edited by butterlimbo

for all those who said these laws wouldn't pass..............they did clap2.gif

Tough QLD anti bikie laws pass through Parliament

Updated 8 hours 19 minutes ago

Queensland's Parliament has passed what are being described as the toughest anti-bikie laws in the country. Some critics say they are draconian and pointless but Campbell Newman says his Government is determined to demonstrate how serious it is about tackling mindless violence caused by outlaw motorcycle gangs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-16/tough-qld-anti-bikie-laws-pass-through-parliament/5025486

Edited by midas