England game on TV tonight?

stbkk

Without meaning to sound too harsh to Hodgson, although i am, i feel his tactics, team set up, vision is incredibly dull and predictable and if he does get through to Rio and does make an impact it will be because he goes out on a limb and uses young talent to fire things up because he doesn't have it naturally in his locker to improvise. These kids are the only thing that can confuse and taunt the opposition from his, as i see it, boring game plan

You're glued to the TV I know mate. wink.pngthumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Without meaning to sound too harsh to Hodgson, although i am, i feel his tactics, team set up, vision is incredibly dull and predictable and if he does get through to Rio and does make an impact it will be because he goes out on a limb and uses young talent to fire things up because he doesn't have it naturally in his locker to improvise. These kids are the only thing that can confuse and taunt the opposition from his, as i see it, boring game plan

I know you didn't get to watch the game last night Carms but to be fair, we weren't dull. Montenegro were an hard team to break down but we did it in positive fashion.

However, saying all that, I am under no illusion that if we get through, the top teams won't be too worried about us. In fact, I fear we will get taught a few lessons by them. That ain't Hodgsons fault though. Don't get me wrong, I'm no admirer of him but it's down to the lack of choices he has at his disposal.

I know you didn't get to watch the game last night Carms but to be fair, we weren't dull. Montenegro were an hard team to break down but we did it in positive fashion.

However, saying all that, I am under no illusion that if we get through, the top teams won't be too worried about us. In fact, I fear we will get taught a few lessons by them. That ain't Hodgsons fault though. Don't get me wrong, I'm no admirer of him but it's down to the lack of choices he has at his disposal.

Like when ya had the golden generation? cheesy.gif

Caiprinhas on Copacabana mate? rolleyes.gif

What's this then. A Scot laughing at England's team. laugh.png

Caiprinhas on Copacabana mate? rolleyes.gif

Yep done that mate from a rooftop pool bar!! And yes, it was a cool as it sounds! Its going to be the place to be for the world cup believe me. Hopefully this world cup will help erase the memory of that last one in South Africa and those woeful vuvuzelas...i thought the whole thing was crap.

Hopefully Tim Vickery will be doing daily blogs for the BBC for well informed updates throughout the tournament.

Edited by carmine

Always. wink.png

Always. wink.png

Well, with Scotland not needing their passports next year, Strachan telling the players to practice more and England another step closer to going to Rio, I bet there ain't many jocks laughing with ya wink.png

Watch it mrboj...I might start discussing the unfairness of the seeding system.

Glass houses and all that! biggrin.png

You won't get any arguments from me on seedings and the unfairness of it but you wouldn't have qualified no matter who you had, as everyone wants you in their group tongue.png

Glass houses and all that! Posted Image

You won't get any arguments from me on seedings and the unfairness of it but you wouldn't have qualified no matter who you had, as everyone wants you in their group Posted Image

Plenty time yet for you to fark it up. :)

You won't get any arguments from me on seedings and the unfairness of it but you wouldn't have qualified no matter who you had, as everyone wants you in their group tongue.png

Plenty time yet for you to fark it up. smile.png

Unless you are the winner, every country in the World Cup farks it up at some stage but you got to be in it to win it post-4641-1156694572.gif

Plenty time yet for you to fark it up. smile.png

Unless you are the winner, every country in the World Cup farks it up at some stage but you got to be in it to win it post-4641-1156694572.gif

And it has to be said, the Brazillians would be gutted if England were not in the finals. Moore, Charleton for example are still reveered in Brazil as is Barnes, which might surprise some of which i'm not included i would add. Our presence there will be greatly wanted and i hope the players can feed off that if we manage to qualify

I reckon its going to be one of the truly great world cup finals.

Edited by carmine