Can't get a foot massage in Bangkok

kurnell

An unlikely place that I only found out about from an adventurous friend is in the alley that links Sukhumvit soi 5 with soi 7. It's the shop that is opposite the construction / renovation works that is an extension of the nearby Beer Garden.

Not the cheapest at 200 an hour but not exactly expensive either.

I always insist on the slightly older girl called A. She really truly knows her stuff; she was able to identify certain non musculoskeletal conditions of mine just by feeling my back and stomach! I'm sure she could make far more money in a more upmarket place, but perhaps she just feels comfortable where she is.

The young katoey masseuse is fairly competent but not a touch on A. The other mid-30's girl with frizzy hair called Phueng also looks pretty handy.

Edited by Trembly

If you're on Soi 33 go to Po Massage which is beside Teen 3 Massage. Po is a legit massage place that offers foot massage and traditional massage to its clients.

There are five chairs on the ground floor specifically for foot massage.

By the sounds of it, though, OP wants a happy ending?

Head up to On Nut - get off the BTS (opposite side of Tesco) down the stairs and turn toward Soi 77 - when you get to Soi 77/1 right - it's a small Soi that leads to Big C. When walking down towards 77/1 you will cross one small street, then a new condo development and then Soi 77/1is next, maybe a 3 minute walk. There are 6 to 8 massage places and they all offer foot massage oil and traditional and the best part is they are still 150 baht an hour.

When you turn right on Soi 77/1 the very first one on you left is best avoided smile.png

When walking along the Soi you'll notice some of the shoppes look the same with prices posted on the glass in yellow - same owner and we use them frequently.

Edit - found a link with pics

http://www.allsiam.net/best-massage.html

Go even farther out to seacon square near king park hotel 100 baht an hour

No BTS to Seacon Square

Buathip Massage in Sukhumvit Soi 5 (down on the right hand side). They have a sign saying 'no sex' and another says 'no mobile phone'. Get their loyalty card for 1 free massage for every 10 taken. Ive never had a bad foot massage in 7yrs, mind you how would I know as it normally sends me to sleep. Superb. 250Baht for 1hr foot.

Just go to Tony or May massage in Sukhumvit 23.

Cheap and good.

Or Footjoy in Soi 8.

I've been to all 3. Tony is cheapest , used to be B99. Watch out at May Massage , the male masseurs assume any client is gay and wants some action. One grabbed my junk during a foot massage and I was not amused. Love Footjoy Soi 8. Very skilled masseuses. More of a classy outfit than most. Was B250 an hour for foot , not sure now, have not been to LOS for awhile.

Is it just me or do you guys get disappointed when the foot massage is more of a foot rub-down...? I had an old lady working my feet twice a week for a couple of years and I swear to Buddha; the first three months I had tears in my eyes the first 30 minutes and actually vomited once when I left.

Cheap and good.

Or Footjoy in Soi 8.

Watch out at May Massage , the male masseurs assume any client is gay and wants some action.

Complete BS ... may have happened to you.

'Any client' maybe means you the client.

I've had maybe 20 foot massages (that is what the OP is asking about) at May's and never had my 'junk' grabbed.

And I am very much the hunsum man ... even the Indian Tailors tell me this ... must be true ... rolleyes.gif

Cheap and good.

Or Footjoy in Soi 8.

Watch out at May Massage , the male masseurs assume any client is gay and wants some action.

I've had maybe 20 foot massages (that is what the OP is asking about) at May's and never had my 'junk' grabbed.

And I am very much the hunsum man ... even the Indian Tailors tell me this ... must be true ... rolleyes.gif

<deleted>...to accidentally get your 'junk' grabbed during a foot massage you need to be a pretty well hung fellow, dont you say?

Last year there were a few people who contracted hepatitis from a foot massage in Bangkok. It was in the Thai media. So perhaps fewer places want to do it now.

Link, please? Never heard of such a thing. But can't imagine that touching one's nether regions would be safer than touching one's feet, which are always washed before a foot massage.

I thought the same until I googled "hepatitis from a foot massage" I got this as the top hit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050342/Fish-pedicures-foot-spas-spread-HIV-hepatitis-C.html

Interesting reading I thought. Fortunately I have never had one of these and its safe to say I never will regardless of what anyone else may have to say on the matter.

Same thing happened to me but I'm not complaining.

Why get a massage and ignore the most important muscle?

Because we are talking about a 'foot massage' ... not a 'foot long' massage ... mileage may differ from member to member ... whistling.gif

There's a legit massage place at the very bottom of soi 33. Just avoid places with names like Teen Love. And don't let the swiss ball in reception mislead you, it doesn't feature at all in the special 'ball massage'.

Same thing happened to me but I'm not complaining.

Why get a massage and ignore the most important muscle?

Because we are talking about a 'foot massage' ... not a 'foot long' massage ... mileage may differ from member to member ... whistling.gif

To be honest, I have gone for a legit foot massage a couple times but for some reason, always ended upstairs to finish the story.

If you like a nice atmosphere and well trained girls go to Arima Onsen. It is Thai and Japanese owned. They do ANY kind of legit massage and mani/pedis too. It is on Wall St off of Suriwongse and one block above Patpong.2. Great traditional massage.

Anyone know where to get a good traditional massage in a nice atmosphere near Suk soi 4?

Sukhumvit is not the place for a real massage, unless you search out an expensive health massage spa.

Try, like some have suggested, On Nut, Phra Khanong (Phra Khanong soi 2 is great for massage... i recommend Family Massage) etc ect...

Stay away from tourist area massage places and especially late at night, when the more unsavoury girls work. Also, try to think of it from her point of view: late at night she is much more likely to get customer who wants the happy ending/full package and doesn't want to waste her time rubbing feet for an hour.

Perhaps you could try soi 22 though. Don't get me wrong, soi 22 is full of very very promiscuous massage shops (most of them probably). However, on the right hand side of the street, i regularly see one or two shops which seem to specialize in foot massage (i see all the foot massage chairs are completely full most of the time, a sight which i don't see anywhere else)

I usually go for a massage on my day off, in the midle of the day, so am unlikely to go as far as On Nut

You live in BangKapi if I remember correctly, if not dont read the following.

The Mall BangKapi, expect to pay 180 baht for 1/2 hour, the rent they pay is the reason for the high prices.

Directly opposite The Mall is a building called N Mark Plaza, second floor at the back beside the esacaltor at the Krung Sri bank, regular prices.

BangKapi market, walk through the market just passed Panthip plaza the massage places are on your RH side beside the outdoor eating area.

Ramkhamhaeng soi 115, right beside the traffic lights, make sure you are in the LH lane, the enterance is just before the traffic lights and before you turn left to go to soi Burapha.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap and good.

Or Footjoy in Soi 8.

<deleted>...to accidentally get your 'junk' grabbed during a foot massage you need to be a pretty well hung fellow, dont you say?

Absolutely. Like a Budweiser Clydesdale. Well, maybe more like a small circus pony. Hmmm, would you settle for hung like a tarsier, the world's smallest primate ?

In alot of foot massages , they do a brief stretch up the thighs at the end. If I had a Mr Johnson that extended down to my foot , I would be pretty well-known , I would think. w00t.gif

I'd say a significant portion of masseuses in Bangkok prefer the oil massage because it is easier and pays better and a majority probably don't mind doing a rub and tuck at least if they know the fellow and he isn't repulsive. Even those who like to project a legitimate vibe. I got one such offer in a shop in a small Thonglor subsoi, where downstairs Thai grannies and Japanese expat moms were getting foot massages.

For some sure foot massage there are two shops right on the step of Thonglor BTS on the left side (coming from Asoke), but be sure to go to the left and not the right, were the Tulip massage specializes in much more advanced kind of massages.