Financial proof for extension of stay (marriage)?

Thinking about going for the extension for the first time. I was under the impression that the requirement is 400k in the bank or 40k p/m income, or combination of both. Some websites have posted that this has changed, the requirement now is 40k income only for all new applicants. I can't find a govt website that gives any clear or detailed info. Can anyone confirm which is correct?

Either 400k or 40k. There is no combination allowed.

Thanks Loburi. I wonder why it is then that these websites are saying that immigration only accepts 40k p/m for new applicants, and won't accept 400k unless you're grandfathered before 1 Sep 07? Why is there some confusion about this and conflicting info?

I can not speak for such web sites - but in general all information is on the web with no regard to if it is right or wrong - we have to make that determination. Most web sites will try to get it right - others not so much.

From reading previous reports on this forum it looks to me that combination can only be used for the Retirement extention, not for the Marrige extention. As I said this is my understanding from reading other threads on this forum, not from any web site or legal document. In other words I may be wrong.

From reading previous reports on this forum it looks to me that combination can only be used for the Retirement extention, not for the Marrige extention. As I said this is my understanding from reading other threads on this forum, not from any web site or legal document. In other words I may be wrong.

---------------------

That is correct.

Retirement does allow the combination method.

Marriage doesn't.

Retirement also is 800K required, not 400K.

Two different things however.

I did my retirement extension on 8 October 2013, and used the combination method at Chaeng Wattana,

For a retirement extension what kind of bank account is allowed to hold funds in ? It seems to me that govt does not want it in fixed deposits for locked in terms . Is that correct or not ? Which is the best account to place 800000B in. To be correct and receive highest interest?

This year for my marriage extension I was told my 400k permanently on deposit was OK but the rules are being tightened. So in addition I was invited to show internet UK bank statements showing Thailand ATM withdrawals from my UK bank which demonstrates I am bringing in addition funds, albeit on an irregular basis, to support my Thai wife. I was advised for next year to keep all the ATM receipts ready to present them in evidence.