Translation please

sustento

oh, and your reply

ฉันไม่สนเธอหรอก

I don't care about you!

or

เราจบกันแค่นี้นะ

We are finished as far as I'm concerned (gentle)

(on the other hand I might be completely wrong, and FotM correct)

Edited by FiftyTwo

Am I right in thinking that ปะ in this expression is an informal contraction of หรือเปล่า?

Yes, quite correct.

Personally I hate this and other similar contractions but languages develop and evolve - unlike myself, especially at my age!

Patrick

• Like 2

My (Thai) partner suspects that this is a misspelling and should be:

ต้องการยางปะ

To be honest this seems more likely than advertising for security guards (who, anyway, don't particularly like to be called ยาม and would probably use a different term to describe themselves).

The inversion of ยางปะ is a little odd, but I'm assured it's just a normal part of Thai people playing with their language.

Thoughts?

ต้องการยางปะ

To be honest this seems more likely than advertising for security guards (who, anyway, don't particularly like to be called ยาม and would probably use a different term to describe themselves).

The inversion of ยางปะ is a little odd, but I'm assured it's just a normal part of Thai people playing with their language.

Thoughts?

excuse me,saying 'ต้องการยางปะ' instead of saying 'ต้องการยามปะ' sounds very hilarious to me. hahaha at least i've never heard about this kind of 'language playing' before.

(i'm Thai) if someone says:

ต้องการยางปะ? means 'do you want a tire?'

but

ต้องการยามปะ? means 'do you want a security?'

biggrin.png

Edited by Lara Alex

ต้องการยางปะ

Thoughts?

excuse me,saying 'ต้องการยางปะ' instead of saying 'ต้องการยามปะ' sounds very hilarious to me. hahaha at least i've never heard about this kind of 'language playing' before.

(i'm Thai) if someone says:

ต้องการยางปะ? means 'do you want a tire?'

but

ต้องการยามปะ? means 'do you want a security?'

biggrin.png

I think you're missing the point. Normally one would see ปะยาง. The word play is in inverting the order to ยางปะ. (That's why I used the word "inversion" in my post.)