Phuket police arrest two women with ice

webfact

Obviously someone dropped a dime on them. To raid a guesthouse specifically for these girls with so little dope. Maybe they cheated someone, in many countries the police would not even bother, unless they wanted someone higher up and if given they would throw the dope away and tell them to go home and behave.

Thailand is becoming more a police state in the past few years. I cannot drive 500 kilometres without being stopped at least 3 times. Sometimes 2 cops, just demanding money.

Other times 15 to 20 cops on the highway. Sometimes they flag me on and do not make me pull all the way over for inspection. Sometimes they just ask for license. There is an increased police prescence also here in Kalasin. You never used to see a cop on Saturday or Sunday, no traffic detail. Now they are posted everywhere, including in front of 7/11's where they get many offenders without helmits (300 Baht) fine.

I am stopped as much on the bike as I was in the car, always wear a helmit, have license, sticker etc...

Have you ever travelled Laos? Rarely will you ever see a policeman. That is not to say they are not there.

Few weeks ago woke up looked out and there is a cop sitting on my motorcycle at 5:30am outside the Apt. building. He was having a conversation with the landlord....sure I figured about me or my bike. Fortunately nothing to do with me.... Why is this cop sitting on my motorcycle???