Free airport transfer from airport to hotel?

snake24

I am sure you guys know that some hotels offer this service and you can request for it when you book online. When agoda has that option but you see it doesn't factor in the costs of the airport transfer how much it costs so i would like to ask you guys if you know of any hotel that provides this free of charge and if they cost money how much should one expect to pay?

Best is if you find a Hotel via AGODA or SAWASDEE etc. if there is not written if airport transfer is free or on charge do as I do, go direct to the Hotel WEB and check it. Have many hotels around Suvarnabhumi which offer free transport.

Also it depend often how many night you stay in hotel. Around airport 1 night is okay, if you go to down town they ask 2 or more nights stay.

Anyway I made bad experiences with the booking WEB as AGODA, even if I ask for airport transfer often NOBODY wait me at airport. So I check first Hotel direct, after I book hotel via AGODA etc and after I send a copy of my voucher to the hotel with the request to pick me up. This works better but also not 100% sure in Thailand wai2.gif

Edited by challenger99
  • Like 1

I use agoda frequently and the free transportation message is noted if indeed free. Some times it is noted under the service/amenity tab, and or

on the room rate description page.

Most airport (suvarnabhumi) area hotels do offer free pick up and drop offs, but I haven't seen much about free transportation for hotels in the city from the airport, only private hotel transportation services.

Actually if they have free airport transfer they would mention it but agoda either doesn't report it.

Here's the thing. Most tourists to bkk or thailand would use the websites dedicated to hotels like agoda, expedia and so on.

Let's not forget there are like 700 over hotels in bkk alone now obviously some of these tourists are going to get ripped off.

Anyway i book my hotels mostly throught agoda so far never seen them talk about airport transfer costs but assume that would cost you 500-1000 bht or more. Cheaper to just take a taxi with the forigner prices unless you go with a thai friend or speak thai well enough to negotiate.

Actually i feel that as a foreigner you deserve to just get ripped off.

U see i called my hotel to ask about airport to hotel prices and she quoted me some very expensive price and told me you can just take a taxi and quoted me 300-400 THAI bht from swampy to ratchada area i instantly knew those were foreigner prices cos it doesn't cost 300-400 bht to travel from ratchada to the airport or vice versa. It's not that far for the meter to quote those prices.

Two things here......firstly WHERE do you want to stay, what area? Near airport or in the city etc?

Secondly some or maybe many that offer airport transfer from hotels will be by there own limo or exec car and thats why the price will be more. A taxi is usually around 250 baht from airport to downtown bangkok. Do not forget there is a 50 baht additional surcharge fee from airport.

Some free transfers from hotels near the airoort use minivans.

If you give a little more info we can give more accurate response.

Edited by CharlieH

Actually if they have free airport transfer they would mention it but agoda either doesn't report it.

Here's the thing. Most tourists to bkk or thailand would use the websites dedicated to hotels like agoda, expedia and so on.

Let's not forget there are like 700 over hotels in bkk alone now obviously some of these tourists are going to get ripped off.

Anyway i book my hotels mostly throught agoda so far never seen them talk about airport transfer costs but assume that would cost you 500-1000 bht or more. Cheaper to just take a taxi with the forigner prices unless you go with a thai friend or speak thai well enough to negotiate.

U see i called my hotel to ask about airport to hotel prices and she quoted me some very expensive price and told me you can just take a taxi and quoted me 300-400 THAI bht from swampy to ratchada area i instantly knew those were foreigner prices cos it doesn't cost 300-400 bht to travel from ratchada to the airport or vice versa. It's not that far for the meter to quote those prices.

Agoda is a supermarket for rooms. Add-ons like limo transfers are best handled by direct contact with the chosen hotel before making the booking. As mentioned earlier, unless you are high on a loyalty program or in a certain class of room, no hotel is going to send a car for free if you are staying only 1 night. Some 3 and 4 star places will offer a free one-way transfer option so you chose whether you want picked up or dropped off. Any 'specials' like this may only exist in high season though.

A foreigner will only get 'ripped off' if they allow themselves to be. It is not a given that as a foreigner, one WILL get automatically ripped off or scammed. It is rather depressing to subscribe to the thought that one deserves to be ripped off for being non- Thai. Please don't propagate any myths here.

The lady at the hotel desk probably quoted 300-400 baht because she was told that is the maximum anyone would expect to be charged INCLUDING a possible rip-off, scamming, dodgy metered cab. If she had said 280 baht like it probably is and you turned up having just been charged 380 baht and proceeded to chew her a new ringpiece because you reckon you are being scammed as a foreigner because she said.... you are arguing about a couple of quid here no?

When I lived on lower end of Ratchada, the airport express and taxi usually totaled 128 baht inbound

Edited by NanLaew

Where is the real problem? I go to the ground floor in Suvarnabhumi and take the BTS to the nearest place of my hotel and from the BTS station a taxi ... such cost me 45 Bath BTS plus maybe 60 - 100 for Taxi. Just avoid take taxi straight at the airport with the Farang prices! Same I do when I have to go for Don Mueang; to and from Mo Chit I use BTS, if low luggage bus 25 to airport for 10-15 Bath or if much luggage Taxi.

• Like 1

whistling.gif I use Agoda often, and it does offer that choice.

Over on the right hand side there are places where you can choose the services, area, price, number of "stars", etc. you want your hotel to offer.

One of these choices is "Airport Transfer".... so the only hotels that will be your selections are those that offer an airport transfer service.

However, that does not mean a FREE airport transfer service is being offered.

Down below the list of rooms and prices there is a listing of hotel services.

For example whether the hotel has a restaurant or if it offers non smoking rooms.

It MAY say there that the hotel offers "free airport pickup or transfer" as one of those services.

You will have to do a little searching if that's what you want .... the info won't come looking for you, you have to find it.

Generally you will find that hotels closest to the airport will offer that service. Often these are NOT luxury 4 or 5 star hotels, although some may be.

There are two or three hotels near to the airport, let's just call them "budget hotels" who do offer free airport pickup and delivery as a way to get customers.

I've used some of them when I had a late night arrival or an early morning departure flight ..... just for the convenience of having that airport pickup or departure transportation.

Normally those hotels are what you would not want to stay in more than one night .... then on to another more "expensive" hotel with a wider range of services.

Last month my flight from San Francisco arrived in Thailand at 11:30 p.m. after a total of 27 hours of flight time (including transfer time on the way from Boston, Massachusetts through Narita, Japan).

By the time I got through customs in Bangkok it was well past midnight, and I was very glad to see that hotel van driver holding up a signboard from my hotel with my name on it after 27 hours of traveling,

whistling.gif

Best is if you find a Hotel via AGODA or SAWASDEE etc. if there is not written if airport transfer is free or on charge do as I do, go direct to the Hotel WEB and check it. Have many hotels around Suvarnabhumi which offer free transport.

Also it depend often how many night you stay in hotel. Around airport 1 night is okay, if you go to down town they ask 2 or more nights stay.

Anyway I made bad experiences with the booking WEB as AGODA, even if I ask for airport transfer often NOBODY wait me at airport. So I check first Hotel direct, after I book hotel via AGODA etc and after I send a copy of my voucher to the hotel with the request to pick me up. This works better but also not 100% sure in Thailand wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif width=20 alt=wai2.gif>

Yup even if you booked all of this on agoda or who knows directly with the hotel's website you should still call. I always call directly after making a booking to make sure.

Two things here......firstly WHERE do you want to stay, what area? Near airport or in the city etc?

Secondly some or maybe many that offer airport transfer from hotels will be by there own limo or exec car and thats why the price will be more. A taxi is usually around 250 baht from airport to downtown bangkok. Do not forget there is a 50 baht additional surcharge fee from airport.

I am staying at amanta resorts at ratchada area. They have airport transfer but it costs 1000bht.

I am staying at amanta resorts at ratchada area. They have airport transfer but it costs 1000bht.

Not worth it IMHO. Even a taxi meter can get you there for less than 300 baht + the airport fee.

As I mentioned in my response to your post asking about the Amanta; if you take the Airport Express to Makkasan (90 baht) and then get a cab, you will be at the Amanta pretty much within 2 clicks of the taxi's meter, around 45 baht. Fastest I ever managed was deplane at 21:00 and in my suite at 21:40 (no checked bags).

Since the Express service is less frequent these days, you can take the alternate 'slow' one and get off there anyway. Also, the taxis don't come to Makkasan much unless they are dropping off but last time I used the airport train, they had a shuttle bus (big golf car) that would run you up to Ratchada and the MRT access then you can get a cab for 38 baht, or use the MRT.

There may even be a better, covered connection between Makkasan and the MRT now as I recall a thread detailing the construction of such.

Not worth it IMHO. Even a taxi meter can get you there for less than 300 baht + the airport fee.

As I mentioned in my response to your post asking about the Amanta; if you take the Airport Express to Makkasan (90 baht) and then get a cab, you will be at the Amanta pretty much within 2 clicks of the taxi's meter, around 45 baht. Fastest I ever managed was deplane at 21:00 and in my suite at 21:40 (no checked bags).

Since the Express service is less frequent these days, you can take the alternate 'slow' one and get off there anyway. Also, the taxis don't come to Makkasan much unless they are dropping off but last time I used the airport train, they had a shuttle bus (big golf car) that would run you up to Ratchada and the MRT access then you can get a cab for 38 baht, or use the MRT.

There may even be a better, covered connection between Makkasan and the MRT now as I recall a thread detailing the construction of such.

Is the airport express a bus or something?

Honestly i would rather some convinence even if i wasn't going to pay 1000bht or around those prices from the limo services and of course avoid getting rippped off by taxi drivers.

The airport express is the elevated train that links Suvarnabhumi with Makkasan and Phaya Thai.

The Express Line: Phaya Thai - Makkasan - Suvarnabhumi. (hourly)

The City Line: Phaya Thai - Ratchaprarop - Makkasan - Asoke - Ramkhamhaeng - Hua Mak - Ban Thap Chang - Lat Krabang - Suvarnabhumi. (every 20 minutes)

I found it quite handy coming FROM the airport but the time saving versus cost going TO the airport is debatable due to Bangkok's traffic and the one-way system at Makkasan. From the Amanta to the airport, it was easier and quicker to grab a metered cab and I never, ever had a hassle with them not wanting to use the meter.

There's a few links on this forum but this one is probably most current.

Edited by NanLaew

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway I made bad experiences with the booking WEB as AGODA, even if I ask for airport transfer often NOBODY wait me at airport. So I check first Hotel direct, after I book hotel via AGODA etc and after I send a copy of my voucher to the hotel with the request to pick me up. This works better but also not 100% sure in Thailand wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif width=20 alt=wai2.gif>

Yup even if you booked all of this on agoda or who knows directly with the hotel's website you should still call. I always call directly after making a booking to make sure.

go to the arrivals area upstairs and get a taxi...250 bht