Applying for extension to Non Immigrant O visa (retirement)

Hi, am UK citizen with multiple entry Non Immigrant O Visa. Have been doing 90 day Visa runs to Laos. Now time to apply for extension of stay.

2 questions.

1. Where is nearest Immigration Office to Khon Kaen?

2. On extension form, presumably I put last arrival from Laos by land as my arrival date rather than first entry into Thailand from UK. Is that correct?

Many thanks.

2. On extension form, presumably I put last arrival from Laos by land as my arrival date rather than first entry into Thailand from UK. Is that correct?

Correct and corresponding "Departure Card" must be handy.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Khon Kaen Immigration is in the Police Training School.

Coming from the town it is just before Tesco Lotus Extra on the opposite side of the road.

If you see Tesco and SR you have gone too far and need to do a U Turn.

Quite helpful and friendly.

Khon Kaen is generally easy to handle and relaxed.

I go there quite early in the morning.

Never queing for more than 10 minutes.

I have done my retirement extension on savings basis (800k) with a fixed deposit (> 1 million) account in Sep.

No big deal, although I showed other bank books to proof my source of living.

In case of difficulties approach the female boss (Captain) on the upper level right hand side.

She is usually open minded but also not rejecting some "donation" so to say.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have in front of me the form of required documents for retirement by form TM7.

Requirement 6.1 states : Certificate letter from bank and copy of bank account (savings or fixed account) certifying the past 3 months record of having a bank account of not less than 800,000 baht or.........................

So there should be no problems with having the money in a term deposit.

However different offices have been known to have their own interpretations.

What.type of bank account is required for 800000 baht requirement for retirement? i see their is problems putting it into a type of Term deposit ? Is this correct ? What are options so Thai Authorities accept bank held funds of 800000?

Immigration accepts Term Deposits as long as it is within a Thai Bank Account. I use my Term deposit B800.000+ every year without problem.

What.type of bank account is required for 800000 baht requirement for retirement? i see their is problems putting it into a type of Term deposit ? Is this correct ? What are options so Thai Authorities accept bank held funds of 800000?

As noted above, it generally has to be an account which allows you to withdraw it whenever you want (i.e., easily accessible); however, the best thing to do - when you're setting up the account - is to ask the bank people if they will give you the "immigration letter" for that type of account. If they will, then that account is fine. Some banks hype certain longer-term accounts that way to falang.