Where to find 50-baht meal in Pattaya ?

thairookie

Move to Cambodia instead. Almost everything is cheaper there than Thailand.

Western food for 3-4 dollars in PP

Local beer in bars from 50 cent.

This is true but the local food there often lacks flavour. I would rather pay 50B or 100B for something tasty than 25B for something tasteless.

I will only have so many meals to eat in the rest of my life so I dont to waste them on things that dont taste good. YMMV.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Kao Pat Gai is across the street from Tukcom, and little bit towards 2nd Road, cook is a happy fat Thai guy and angry lady serves the table, 30 baht, so good!

Hi valgehiir.

I live in this South Road area but can't figure which place you talk about ??

Across the street from Tukcom and going towards 2nd Road, you have mainly Dental Clinics and no food at night. You have to walk up to the Family Mart (opposite Soi 15) to find some street food vendors : 1st one makes Pad Thai and 2nd one makes Khao Man Gai... ??

Hey,

it is on South Rd, right around soi 15, outside blue bank, not sure what bank that is. Sky blue bank logos.

green bank - kasikorn

purple bank - siam commercial

yellow bank - Ayatuyah

blue bank - dont remember name sad.png

happy fat guy who makes food can be found there after 7 - 8 at night, right outside blue bank. He makes a snail dish, that is very tasty, and he makes gao pat gai, very tasty and 30 baht. If you tell him 'make big' he will, but then price increases to 40 or even 45. And you have to buy water from another man who has a drink stand there for 5 baht, so it's not a total win.

I think his gao pat gai is so good cos he adds these green leaves in it, many other places don't use those. Like for instance Le Cafe on soi Pattayland has fairly acceptable gao pat gai, but for outrageous 180 baht, and guess what, no green leaves, and while good tasting and has ton of chicken in it, doesn't taste anything like real thai food.

Edited by valgehiir

it is on South Rd, right around soi 15, outside blue bank, not sure what bank that is. Sky blue bank logos.

Yes I see the place. At least 5 food sellers in this area from 5-6pm.

I just would not refer this place relatively to Tukcom (about 200m) wink.png

Blue bank is KrungThaiBank : Google Maps

Edited by Pattaya46