Petchburi: 'Ex-boyfriend' kills woman and her brother

webfact

'Ex-Boyfriend' Kills Woman And Her Brother
By Khaosod Online

PETCHBURI: -- A woman and her younger brother are believed to have been murdered by her ex-boyfriend in Petchburi province.

Local policemen said they had been alerted about a shooting shortly after midnight on 12 October near a petrol station on the Bangkok-bound side of Petchkasem Road. The police later discovered two dead bodies at the scene and helped one injured man.

The dead individuals have been identified as Ms. Naruemon Hormklin, 19, and Mr. Washarin Panpuak, 16. Ms. Naruemon had been shot in her head, Mr. Washarin in his back, while Mr. Surasak Piembangbon survived the injuries caused by four bullets in his left leg.

Mr. Surasak told police he was driving his motorcycle with his girlfriend, Ms. Naruemon, and her brother, Mr. Washarin, when suddenly a black Toyota pick-up truck approached them. The driver then lowered the window, Mr. Surasak said, and proceeded to fire many shots at the trio.

The motorcycle immediately fell, sending three of them in different direction, according to Mr. Surasak. The driver later parked his car and allegedly proceeded to put more bullets in Ms. Naruemon′s body.

He added that he believed the murderer might be the ex-boyfriend of Ms. Naruemon who broke up with her many years ago. He said he had been dating Ms. Naruemon for a month.

Mr. Surasak also told the police that two weeks prior to the incident, Ms. Naruemon asked him and her brother to pick her up from work as a mysterious man often parked his car near her workplace and called her name in threatening manner.

They were on their way home from Ms. Naruemon′s workplace when the shooting occurred.

Police officers said initial investigation suggested that the incident was a crime of passion, since the murderer did not remove any valuable objects from the victims′ bodies. The police believe that Ms. Naruemon′s ex-boyfriend might be enraged to find that she was now dating a new boyfriend, and proceeded to commit the murder.

However, the policemen stressed that investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1UWTNOVEF6TlE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-14

• Like 1

Poor journalism again as the headline states definitively " Ex-boyfriend kills... " but the next line says correctly he is " believed " to be responsible.

I'm not saying the author was deliberately trying for a sensational headline but a little more care would have been appropriate.

• Like 1

Girlfriend shot in head, brother in back, new boyfriend only sustained shots to the legs !

Hope I'm wrong but sounds like new boyfriend offed them and then shot himself in legs to make his story more believable.

Sorry for my pessimistic approach but it doesn't make sense.

The girlfriend and the new boyfriend would be the first to be shot, don't U think ?

Hope I'm mistaken. Time will tell.

A ' mysterious ' man often parked near her workplace and called her name in a threatening manner, could the poor lady not identify her ex-boyfriend ?

Maybe not. Perhaps her name was being called from behind tinted windows in the vehicle.

Poor journalism again as the headline states definitively " Ex-boyfriend kills... " but the next line says correctly he is " believed " to be responsible.

I'm not saying the author was deliberately trying for a sensational headline but a little more care would have been appropriate.

Poor interpretation of the English language again in search of something to post about. The headline has "ex-boyfriend" in inverted commas clearly suggesting possible doubt about his identity.

I will patiently wait for the first post that says this happens all over the world.

It really does happen all over the world! Prime suspect s in murders are always ex's.

Well here is the kicker, not with the same frequency, and, it shouldn't happen there either.

(RIP to all the unfortunates)

7 replies ... no RIP just complaints and knocking a Thai reporters English

Would like to see you lot try writing an article in other than English and see how you do

RIP to those who left fr too early

Death penalty to the guilty

i agree with you and can happily stateIi could not write an article in another language but there again I'm not employed as someone who supposedly can.

Of course you couldn't, but then again you do post over-critically as though you are the ultimate reference for the English language. What need is there for you to identify what you consider to be "poor journalism" in a report about the death of two young people?

Girlfriend shot in head, brother in back, new boyfriend only sustained shots to the legs !

Hope I'm wrong but sounds like new boyfriend offed them and then shot himself in legs to make his story more believable.

Sorry for my pessimistic approach but it doesn't make sense.

The girlfriend and the new boyfriend would be the first to be shot, don't U think ?

Hope I'm mistaken. Time will tell.

Just as your third sentence stated this post doesn't make sense. Ridiculous.