Abhisit calls on PM Yingluck to reveal truth on bartering rice for high-speed train

webfact

The voters from Isaan will find out some time in the far future, that they have been used for the profit of some wealthy few...

Sadly that has always been the case over the years and with many different political hue governments.

Thaksin and his clan and their brown nosing acolytes have perfected the art of shafting the Isaan people at their ( the Isaan peoples) own expense.

Interestingly though slowly but surely a little light is creeping into the political landscape in Isaan and those red sunrises and sunsets are not so appealing as they once were.

The old adage ''Red sky in the morning shepherds warning'' it seems is at last being heeded slowly by the people of Isaan.

What a load of mindless nonsense.First of all the North East is now the most dynamic growth region in Thailand and although poverty exists there has been remarkable progress over the last twenty years.It's a question for discussion what are the causes of this new prosperity, but it's not really debatable that great progress has been made.As to politicians role it's first important to understand that in all democracies policies are formulated to attract electoral support, not the only consideration but still a very important one.In the North East for decades, despite the huge populatiuon, electors were essentially regarded as voting fodder and not taken seriously by the Bangkok establishment - poor ignorant peasants.Thaksin changed all that and that is why his support in the NE and North is so solid.He didn't adopt populist policies because he is a good man:he did it because he is (usually) an astute politician.The Democrats have followed in his footsteps in copying and in some cases enhancing policies designed to appeal to rural voters.

I agree it would be healthy if other political parties could strengthen their presence in the NE, but that means (in the case of the Democrats) detoxifying their brand.The next general election will make the position crystal clear.

Does a criminal conviction for fraud, becoming a fugitive to avoid punishment for said crime, and avoiding much more serious charges equate to " a (usually) astute politician" then in your opinion? Guess so - he's still running the country.

His support in the NE is based on bribery (vote buying), intimidation ( Red Shirt thugs), clever propaganda, and a belief by many that he's the best of a bad bunch. His adopted populist policies have delivered more to the select few clan members than to the masses. What have they really delivered to the people in the NE? Dynamic growth area - really? Can you provide details?

There is no doubt the current regime is nervous. Loosing the Bangkok governor elections, and the the Don Meuang bye election (after the astute Dr. T, predicted they could field a utility post and still win), Moody's and World Bank's adverse comments on the Thai economy and particularly the rice scheme losses, adverse reaction to the 350m and 2.2 trillion off budget loans the government want to pocket, and the 4 planes his sister wants to buy. Now they react by invoking ISA's and surrounding themselves with 1200 riot police to protect them from 250 "granny and school kids" protesters.

The next election will be interesting. Many Thai friends told me they voted for PTP last time. Amazingly, many thought YL would actually be the leader. And, they all don't want to vote for the Dems who they consider HiSo lackeys. But, none are happy with the scams, corruption, opening lies and arrogance when admitting lies, and the fact that Thaksin really calls the shots.

PTP avoid referendums like the plague - wonder why that is?

• Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The voters from Isaan will find out some time in the far future, that they have been used for the profit of some wealthy few...

Sadly that has always been the case over the years and with many different political hue governments.

Thaksin and his clan and their brown nosing acolytes have perfected the art of shafting the Isaan people at their ( the Isaan peoples) own expense.

Interestingly though slowly but surely a little light is creeping into the political landscape in Isaan and those red sunrises and sunsets are not so appealing as they once were.

The old adage ''Red sky in the morning shepherds warning'' it seems is at last being heeded slowly by the people of Isaan.

This is such a disgusting generalization "brown nosing acolytes" I wonder if I can pursued you to avoid using it in the future and regain some dignity for yourself.

What a load of mindless nonsense.First of all the North East is now the most dynamic growth region in Thailand and although poverty exists there has been remarkable progress over the last twenty years.It's a question for discussion what are the causes of this new prosperity, but it's not really debatable that great progress has been made.As to politicians role it's first important to understand that in all democracies policies are formulated to attract electoral support, not the only consideration but still a very important one.In the North East for decades, despite the huge populatiuon, electors were essentially regarded as voting fodder and not taken seriously by the Bangkok establishment - poor ignorant peasants.Thaksin changed all that and that is why his support in the NE and North is so solid.He didn't adopt populist policies because he is a good man:he did it because he is (usually) an astute politician.The Democrats have followed in his footsteps in copying and in some cases enhancing policies designed to appeal to rural voters.

I agree it would be healthy if other political parties could strengthen their presence in the NE, but that means (in the case of the Democrats) detoxifying their brand.The next general election will make the position crystal clear.

Does a criminal conviction for fraud, becoming a fugitive to avoid punishment for said crime, and avoiding much more serious charges equate to " a (usually) astute politician" then in your opinion? Guess so - he's still running the country.

His support in the NE is based on bribery (vote buying), intimidation ( Red Shirt thugs), clever propaganda, and a belief by many that he's the best of a bad bunch. His adopted populist policies have delivered more to the select few clan members than to the masses. What have they really delivered to the people in the NE? Dynamic growth area - really? Can you provide details?

There is no doubt the current regime is nervous. Loosing the Bangkok governor elections, and the the Don Meuang bye election (after the astute Dr. T, predicted they could field a utility post and still win), Moody's and World Bank's adverse comments on the Thai economy and particularly the rice scheme losses, adverse reaction to the 350m and 2.2 trillion off budget loans the government want to pocket, and the 4 planes his sister wants to buy. Now they react by invoking ISA's and surrounding themselves with 1200 riot police to protect them from 250 "granny and school kids" protesters.

The next election will be interesting. Many Thai friends told me they voted for PTP last time. Amazingly, many thought YL would actually be the leader. And, they all don't want to vote for the Dems who they consider HiSo lackeys. But, none are happy with the scams, corruption, opening lies and arrogance when admitting lies, and the fact that Thaksin really calls the shots.

Your comments are getting stranger by each time they are printed, where in the world did you get the erroneous idea that Taksin Shinawatra was convicted of fraud? By which court and in which country I ask you?

I certainly can't speak for you, however I live in rural Isaan in a typical Thai village in Surin and believe you me the locals are far from happy with this current government and its shenanigans and dubious self enrichment scams schemes.

Certainly Thaksin did not adopt populist policies to encourage support for his personal party P.T.P. He bought it at 500 baht a go, many of the villagers are now realizing that the 500 baht they got has in reality cost them 5,000 baht in the payback Thaksin and his family and their brown nosing acolytes repayment scams schemes.

The facts are the voters are starting to see that the veneer of promised prosperity ''a chicken in every pot'' is in fact for Thaksin his family and their brown nosing acolytes not Mr. and Mrs. Somcahi the average Thai person.

Certainly those aforementioned folks are indeed getting a chicken in their pot, the problem being is that those chickens are coming from the farms stock and are not being replaced neither.

Just a brief question.

Do you actually have any daily contact with the villagers of Isaan and are you really in touch with what they think or is it mindless supposition induced by rose tinted glasses one must ?

Your choice of the words ''ignorant peasants'' is indeed a gross demeaning insult and seems to show just what your feelings and opinions are for concerning the folks of Isaan. However if those words were used in a cut and paste context it reflects your total ignorance of the reality of the situation and confirms without a doubt the insulting manner and attitude that you seem to have for the Isaan folks

Another complete load of rubbish. This government is still overwhelmingly popular with the North-east voters. Every poll taken shows this clearly. Your self admission of insight is truly amusing.

And you are basing your post on what?

Do you live in rural Thailand full time and have your finger on the pulse of local politics?

Are you living in a Red Shirt area which has been flooded and the only help the people get is from volunteers and the Army and mindless words and pointless photo ops and platitudes from the de jure PM and the Minister of anything and the government promising that it will never happen again just as they did in 2011?

1.His reputation for astuteness is based in his still being easily the most popular Thai politician, and political parties associated with him winning election after election.In particular as previously noted he took the rural majority seriously and hence earned its loyalty and gratitude.Best of a bad bunch? Well yes I don't dissent from that evaluation.

2.He did not win by vote buying and no serious source supports that.

3.Are you denying the NE is a dynamic growth region in Thailand? If so do try and undertake some basic homework.

4.There is a genuine debate on off budget financing.The concept isn't new and the Democrats accept the infrastructure programme is necessary.You say they want to "pocket the funding", a babyish comment if I may say so.Evidence? Khun Korn, the most articulate of the critics doesn't say that.

5.Yes the true test will be the next general election.The best regarded polls now suggest the government's popularity has slipped but is still well ahead of the opposition.

6.Is the government nervous? Yes and it always has been.Not surprising given the history of military and judicial meddling of the last decade.Hence the great compromise and the pandering to the military.I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Bangkok governor or Don Muang election results.In fgact specifically on the former the results were profoundly unsettling for those Democrats who saw middle class Bangkok as an impregnable stronghold.

Can high speed trains carry freight? It would seem a good idea to get some of the over loaded ill maintained trucks off the road.

But this is clearly a political based decision rather than a needs based decision.

WRT Red shirt support in Issan, I live in an 85 house village in Issan and I don't see any reduction in Red shirt support. The economy is pretty much booming, property prices are rising and a lot of people feel richer than before. But I'm not too far from Udon, maybe the boon docks are different.

Yes the network will carry frieght and its will need regular maintainance to keep it in a financially viable condition. But little long term benefit will come to the residents of Issan, except those that own the land these new infrastructure project will be build on.

How do you think the freight will get to the very few railheads in the country? You will STILL need the trucks to get it there and then to redistribute it at the other end.

Can high speed trains carry freight? It would seem a good idea to get some of the over loaded ill maintained trucks off the road.

But this is clearly a political based decision rather than a needs based decision.

WRT Red shirt support in Issan, I live in an 85 house village in Issan and I don't see any reduction in Red shirt support. The economy is pretty much booming, property prices are rising and a lot of people feel richer than before. But I'm not too far from Udon, maybe the boon docks are different.

Yes the network will carry frieght and its will need regular maintainance to keep it in a financially viable condition. But little long term benefit will come to the residents of Issan, except those that own the land these new infrastructure project will be build on.

How do you think the freight will get to the very few railheads in the country? You will STILL need the trucks to get it there and then to redistribute it at the other end.

The frieght will be loaded in China and off loaded in Singapore. Do you really think a Thai company could afford to ship their straw brooms and rice by high speed rail?

Even if she tells the truth .... it will still be lies

I seem to remember the story of chickens bartered for fighter jets.... or did I just dream it? So not a new idea then...Come to think of it the same person had the same idea..

I believe it was actually prawns for Boeings - and quite rightly that idiotic and demeaning proposal went nowhere. It was indeed the same man, but it's not so easy to con people in the real world - Seattle or Beijing - as it is in parts of Thailand.

I don't recall that one, prawns for Boeings, but the frozen-chicken for Swedish fighter-jets was definitely a classic, of the Thaksin-era. rolleyes.gif

For some reason it never occurred to the then poo-yais in-power, to pay in cash, like a normal government. laugh.png

1.His reputation for astuteness is based in his still being easily the most popular Thai politician, and political parties associated with him winning election after election.In particular as previously noted he took the rural majority seriously and hence earned its loyalty and gratitude.Best of a bad bunch? Well yes I don't dissent from that evaluation.

2.He did not win by vote buying and no serious source supports that.

3.Are you denying the NE is a dynamic growth region in Thailand? If so do try and undertake some basic homework.

4.There is a genuine debate on off budget financing.The concept isn't new and the Democrats accept the infrastructure programme is necessary.You say they want to "pocket the funding", a babyish comment if I may say so.Evidence? Khun Korn, the most articulate of the critics doesn't say that.

5.Yes the true test will be the next general election.The best regarded polls now suggest the government's popularity has slipped but is still well ahead of the opposition.

6.Is the government nervous? Yes and it always has been.Not surprising given the history of military and judicial meddling of the last decade.Hence the great compromise and the pandering to the military.I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Bangkok governor or Don Muang election results.In fgact specifically on the former the results were profoundly unsettling for those Democrats who saw middle class Bangkok as an impregnable stronghold.

1. Thaksin is a Convicted criminal and fugitive from justice, he is not a politician and isnt even a member of any political parties. He does however have a cult following of sycophants, but they will fall away now the funding has ceased.

2.He hasnt run in any elections since 2006 when the election was invalidated due to electrol irregularities including vote buying. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

3. The dynamic growth of the NE is in decline now the native forests have been stripped and the rice industry has been desimated by the Thaksin inspired rice scam. However, if your refering to the article stating, "Growth in Thailand, Southeast Asia's second-biggest economy, has begun to slow, but the economy of the northeast is in the grip of a boom." Then you should do more research because.....

The potential may never be realized if a crucial 2.2 trillion baht ($71 billion) infrastructure program becomes a casualty of the feuding between Yingluck's ruling Puea Thai Party and its opponents. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/16/us-thailand-northeast-idUSBRE95F00H20130616

4. The Democrat Party, at the head of the opposition, agrees with the general thrust of the bill—but not with its financing. The Democrats have come up with their own 2 trillion baht plan, which would use the annual budget (rather than emergency legislation) for less-costly trains and then leave money in the pot for education, health and irrigation.

Rather that Yinglucks idea of putting Thai into a total of 5 trillion baht of debt over 50 years........The big idea is to spend 2 trillion baht ($64 billion) by 2020 towards upgrading the country’s creaking infrastructure. Another 3 trillion baht will come due as interest on the loans, accumulating over the next 50 years. http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2013/10/infrastructure-spending-thailand

5. The next election I believe will be a rude wake up call to Thaksin

6.Yes the present administrations cabinet is nervous, but not about the next election, but about whether Thaksin will take their party list positions at the trough and give it to another lackey. As for the elections, Thaksin is a narcissist so he believes everyone loves him as much as he loves himself, if they dont then they are just jealous of him. Therefore the only way his puppet party can loose government is through a coup. A view obviously shared by his sycophants.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

1. Thaksin is a Convicted criminal and fugitive from justice, he is not a politician and isnt even a member of any political parties. He does however have a cult following of sycophants, but they will fall away now the funding has ceased.

2.He hasnt run in any elections since 2006 when the election was invalidated due to electrol irregularities including vote buying. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

3. The dynamic growth of the NE is in decline now the native forests have been stripped and the rice industry has been desimated by the Thaksin inspired rice scam. However, if your refering to the article stating, "Growth in Thailand, Southeast Asia's second-biggest economy, has begun to slow, but the economy of the northeast is in the grip of a boom." Then you should do more research because.....

The potential may never be realized if a crucial 2.2 trillion baht ($71 billion) infrastructure program becomes a casualty of the feuding between Yingluck's ruling Puea Thai Party and its opponents. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/16/us-thailand-northeast-idUSBRE95F00H20130616

4. The Democrat Party, at the head of the opposition, agrees with the general thrust of the bill—but not with its financing. The Democrats have come up with their own 2 trillion baht plan, which would use the annual budget (rather than emergency legislation) for less-costly trains and then leave money in the pot for education, health and irrigation.

Rather that Yinglucks idea of putting Thai into a total of 5 trillion baht of debt over 50 years........The big idea is to spend 2 trillion baht ($64 billion) by 2020 towards upgrading the country’s creaking infrastructure. Another 3 trillion baht will come due as interest on the loans, accumulating over the next 50 years. http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2013/10/infrastructure-spending-thailand

6.Yes the present administrations cabinet is nervous, but not about the next election, but about whether Thaksin will take their party list positions at the trough and give it to another lackey. As for the elections, Thaksin is a narcissist so he believes everyone loves him as much as he loves himself, if they dont then they are just jealous of him. Therefore the only way his puppet party can loose government is through a coup. A view obviously shared by his sycophants.

1.Thaksin is a politician.No entirely sane person would dispute that.The "cult following of sycophants" you refer to are in fact the people of Thailand who consistently vote his parties into power.

2.At every general election since the criminal coup of 2006 parties associated with Thaksin have secured victory.

3.You need to research the economic position of the North East more thoroughly.

4.As previously noted there's a legitimate discussion about the funding of the infrastructure programme.In practice the fiscal discipline characterising Thailand's economy since the crisis of the late 1990's will not be abandoned.

5.Yes, the next general election will be a critical test for all concerned.

6.I don't understand what point you are making.If you calmed down and were less obsessive about Thaksin you might make more sense.

The frieght will be loaded in China and off loaded in Singapore. Do you really think a Thai company could afford to ship their straw brooms and rice by high speed rail?

My apologies. I actually did think that you were talking about Thai companies. After all that was what Madame PM was on about.

1.Thaksin is a politician.No entirely sane person would dispute that.The "cult following of sycophants" you refer to are in fact the people of Thailand who consistently vote his parties into power.

2.At every general election since the criminal coup of 2006 parties associated with Thaksin have secured victory.

4.As previously noted there's a legitimate discussion about the funding of the infrastructure programme.In practice the fiscal discipline characterising Thailand's economy since the crisis of the late 1990's will not be abandoned.

6.I don't understand what point you are making.If you calmed down and were less obsessive about Thaksin you might make more sense.

BTW, do you have any opinion on the topic? Or is it just the same old BS, criminal coup, Thaksin won elections....?

Your northeastern partner is really persuasive to condition you to think the lies and graft of the shinawatra dynasty are ok. We're not that naive, especially modern people who know the darkness in history of oligarchies and their subjects of feudalism. C'mon boy, wise up.

The economy of the NE and the family power and wealth is higher in thailand than any other country- you should do some research yourself. The system hardly supports any 'grassroots' people; but seeks to rape, enslave, impoverish and exploit them, easpecially through bribes and their lack of education.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

1. Thaksin is a Convicted criminal and fugitive from justice, he is not a politician and isnt even a member of any political parties.  He does however have a cult following of sycophants, but they will fall away now the funding has ceased.

2.He hasnt run in any elections since 2006 when the election was invalidated due to electrol irregularities including vote buying.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

3. The dynamic growth of the NE is in decline now the native forests have been stripped and the rice industry has been desimated by the Thaksin inspired rice scam.  However, if your refering to the article stating, "Growth in Thailand, Southeast Asia's second-biggest economy, has begun to slow, but the economy of the northeast is in the grip of a boom."  Then you should do more research because.....

5.  The next election I believe will be a rude wake up call to Thaksin

6.Yes the present administrations cabinet is nervous, but not about the next election, but about whether Thaksin will take their party list positions at the trough and give it to another lackey.  As for the elections, Thaksin is a narcissist so he believes everyone loves him as much as he loves himself, if they dont then they are just jealous of him.  Therefore the only way his puppet party can loose government is through a coup.  A view obviously shared by his sycophants.

Your bar girl is really pursuasive to condition you to think the lies and graft of the shinawatra dynasty are ok.

Delighted to note that this intelligent and sophisticated response is so representative of the grasp of the English language that the "educate people" are famous for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your bar girl is really pursuasive to condition you to think the lies and graft of the shinawatra dynasty are ok.

Delighted to note that this intelligent and sophisticated response is so representative of the grasp of the English language that the "educate people" are famous for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhap if you cited your "facts" they would be more persuasive than your text book red rhetoric

• Like 1

4. The Democrat Party, at the head of the opposition, agrees with the general thrust of the billbut not with its financing. The Democrats have come up with their own 2 trillion baht plan, which would use the annual budget (rather than emergency legislation) for less-costly trains and then leave money in the pot for education, health and irrigation.

Rather that Yinglucks idea of putting Thai into a total of 5 trillion baht of debt over 50 years........The big idea is to spend 2 trillion baht ($64 billion) by 2020 towards upgrading the countrys creaking infrastructure. Another 3 trillion baht will come due as interest on the loans, accumulating over the next 50 years. http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2013/10/infrastructure-spending-thailand

1.Thaksin is a

Your northeastern partner is really persuasive to condition you to think the lies and graft of the shinawatra dynasty are ok. We're not that naive, especially modern people who know the darkness in history of oligarchies and their subjects of feudalism. C'mon boy, wise up.

The economy of the NE and the family power and wealth is higher in thailand than any other country- you should do some research yourself. The system hardly supports any 'grassroots' people; but seeks to rape, enslave, impoverish and exploit them, easpecially through bribes and their lack of education.

Nice summations.

:thumbsup:

"He continued on to say that the 2.2 billion baht loan which the government planned to use to develop the country’s entire infrastructure would only have one final destination - Nakhon Ratchasima province."

OK, Challenge - what does he mean when he says the above and how it is that one comment backed up by facts? Anybody?

This government has already expressed it's intent of running it up to the North to the heart of where it's support base lies and I don't think that Abhisit would be so specific unless he had some insider information on it.

"He continued on to say that the 2.2 billion baht loan which the government planned to use to develop the country’s entire infrastructure would only have one final destination - Nakhon Ratchasima province."

OK, Challenge - what does he mean when he says the above and how it is that one comment backed up by facts? Anybody?

This government has already expressed it's intent of running it up to the North to the heart of where it's support base lies and I don't think that Abhisit would be so specific unless he had some insider information on it.

A slightly Bangkokian viewpoint if I may say so: Nakhon Ratchasima Province way up in the north - Oooh at least 220 kms from Bangkok! Chiang Mai is 700 kms away.

My question again: Why is Abhisit saying all the money will end up in Nakhon Ratchasima Province? Has Thaksin sneakily set up shop there so he can get his hands on all the "filthy lucre"?

A slightly Bangkokian viewpoint if I may say so: Nakhon Ratchasima Province way up in the north - Oooh at least 220 kms from Bangkok! Chiang Mai is 700 kms away.

My question again: Why is Abhisit saying all the money will end up in Nakhon Ratchasima Province? Has Thaksin sneakily set up shop there so he can get his hands on all the "filthy lucre"?

The planned line from Bangkok to Chiang Mai isn't so far away from their homeland/heartland.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Because that´s were the rails for for the high speed train end on that route.

The one to Chiang Mai will end at Phitsanulok, for both to be extended will need further investment besides the 5 trillion or so to be spent on PTPs infrastructure scheme.

Edited by AleG

The planned line from Bangkok to Chiang Mai isn't so far away from their homeland/heartland.

For the last time, what has that to do with the supposed money all ending up in Nakhon Ratchasima province. There must have been a point why he specifically mentioned that province but <deleted> is it?

The one to Chiang Mai will end at Phitsanulok, for both to be extended will need further investment besides the 5 trillion or so to be spent on PTPs infrastructure scheme.

Q. Whats does this statement mean?

"He continued on to say that the 2.2 billion baht loan which the government planned to use to develop the country’s entire infrastructure would only have one final destination - Nakhon Ratchasima province"

A. "Because that´s were the rails for for the high speed train end on that route".The one to Chiang Mai will end at Phitsanulok, for both to be extended will need further investment besides the 5 trillion or so to be spent on PTPs infrastructure scheme.

Because that's where the rails will.......What 5 trillion , Sorry that doesn't make any sense either ????????????????

Edited by fab4

"He continued on to say that the 2.2 billion baht loan which the government planned to use to develop the country’s entire infrastructure would only have one final destination - Nakhon Ratchasima province"

A. "Because that´s were the rails for for the high speed train end on that route".The one to Chiang Mai will end at Phitsanulok, for both to be extended will need further investment besides the 5 trillion or so to be spent on PTPs infrastructure scheme.

Because that's where the rails will.......What 5 trillion , Sorry that doesn't make any sense either ????????????????

I´d explain all in a way you could grasp, but I don´t have a box of crayons at hand. Sorry.

fab4

In response to your post #84.

The 5Tr baht is made up of the 2.2Tr loan plus over 3Tr baht to be repaid over a 50 year period.

Did you really believe that the loan is interest free?

The first tranch merely gets the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok. To go further than that needs about 5Tr baht which the government "hopes" that somebody else will pay for.

One of the legacies from the PTP to my 9 year old son is the enormous losses that the rice scam is costing the country.

Another is that my son will be paying for the PTP to build a HST with a loan that will NOT be paid off until my son will be 59.

You of course won't pay anything.

fab4

The 5Tr baht is made up of the 2.2Tr loan plus over 3Tr baht to be repaid over a 50 year period.

The first tranch merely gets the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok. To go further than that needs about 5Tr baht which the government "hopes" that somebody else will pay for.

One of the legacies from the PTP to my 9 year old son is the enormous losses that the rice scam is costing the country.

Another is that my son will be paying for the PTP to build a HST with a loan that will NOT be paid off until my son will be 59.

Can I presume that you are not in favour of it then!!

fab4

No I don't believe that the 2 Trillion baht loan is interest free, that would be stupid. But then I don't think that all the 2 trillion baht is going to be spent on the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok either, because that would be really stupid.

fab4

No I don't believe that the 2 Trillion baht loan is interest free, that would be stupid. But then I don't think that all the 2 trillion baht is going to be spent on the HST to Khon Kaen, Hat Yai and Phitsanulok either, because that would be really stupid.

Of course it won't. Just the amount that's left after it's been skimmed. thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

I´d explain all in a way you could grasp, but I don´t have a box of crayons at hand. Sorry.

If you understood the difference between the entire infrastructure project and the HST portion of that Project and their respective costs I might take your attempt at condescension bit more seriously.