Hierachy of thai society based on social class/racial lines

snake24

Well you know it happens in every country in the world.

Let's take the UK. The english are like the top dogs in british society with the irish below and i heard of english girls being abused when they were in scotland and so on.

So this also occurs in thai society. For an outsider he would probably say the issan brown skinned folk are like lower down the hierachy compared to the central thais but it really isn't that simple is it? Central thais can be pretty tanned too and some aren't natural thais but chinese thai but not all fair skinned thais are chinese, yes this is obvious cos not all oriental looking ppl are chinese,korea,japanese etc.

I hear there are thailand is divided into 4 major regions. The north, central, northeast and the south.

I hear that the central region of thailand is where most of the power and wealth is concentrated not surprisingly the capital is located there. I understand that the original thais came from china and they look chinese from yunan province and they managed to spread their thai culture to the entire thailand and u know along the time line things were adopted were borrowing cambodian culture, the adoption of thai writing system from some sanskrit stuff like that.

Could we have some discussion on this.

2 different systems in regards to the hierarchy, working in perfect tandem in Thailand.

One is based upon the traditional system as: Buddhism - Royal family - various work groups in society - etc.

The other is based upon: Extreme amount of money - lots and lots of money - lot of money - some money - little money - no money.

And that's how the cookie crumbles.

tongue.png

• Like 1

I share the view that the OP is gibberish but would like to air my view re...

Let's take the UK. The english are like the top dogs in british society with the irish below and i heard of english girls being abused when they were in scotland and so on

The English are probably the largest minority in the likes of USA, Canada, Australia & NZ yet while you're likely to see Highland games, St Patricks parades & the odd male voice choir in any of said places you are unlikely to see anything promoting the English as an ethnic community because;

a) We don't do it (stiff upper lip an' all that) and

b ) In the eyes of the remainder they (The English) are the ones to hate/beat.

It grips me that the English have to endure the British national anthem at sporting events while their British opponents get something they consider more appealing, & when the all Blacks poke their tongues out at the men in white the English should at least have the opportunity to Morris Dance in reply:)

(Tongue-in cheek but I hope you get my point)

Edited by evadgib

Surprised you guys don't understand what i mean or doing it on purpose.

go read about this. Aren't they all british regardless if they are english or scottish? Yet this english girl got beaten up in scotland. It's just like a central thai beaten up in issan but you would say aren't they both thais?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1114567/Scars-girl-beaten-English-Scotland.html

This young woman was viciously assaulted in Scotland because she has an English accent.

Lucy Newman, 22, was left with two black eyes and a broken cheekbone after a night out with friends in Aberdeen.

The beauty therapist, who is 5ft 3in tall, said: 'Two guys walked past and shouted something about the English.

'I didn't think it was aimed at me until one of them whacked me right in the face. The next thing I was lying on the ground with blood pouring from my head.'

article-1114567-030B88F9000005DC-392_224

article-1114567-030B8812000005DC-922_224

Miss Newman moved to Scotland with her family when she was four and, 18 years on, has almost lost her English accent.

But she says it still comes through on certain words, leading to endless taunts.

'The English thing doesn't bother me, I'm used to it,' she added. 'But no one has ever gone this far before. Why would they? The guy was obviously a coward.'

It is feared that she might not fully regain sight in her left eye, which was left swollen shut by the attack.

The alleged racist assault happened on busy Union Street, in central Aberdeen, about 2am on Saturday after Miss Newman left a nightclub and was heading to a bus stop with a friend.

Two men walked past and one of them, wearing a hat and scarf, lashed out and punched Lucy in the face. He then calmly walked away, accompanied by his friend, who was wearing a blue shirt.

A good Samaritan chased after the attacker but could not track him down.

Her father Leslie said his daughter was 'unrecognisable' when she arrived at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in an ambulance.

Doctors will assess this week whether Miss Newman, from Gourdon near Aberdeen, needs facial plastic surgery.

She is due to start a new job as a nursery play assistant as soon as a disclosure check is completed - and hopes the severe bruising will have faded by then.

Her distraught mother Susan, 47, said: 'Lucy is tiny. I just can't believe somebody, especially a man, could do something like this to such a lovely and quiet girl.

'There is no reason why one person should attack another. But a man punching a young woman is inexcusable.'

Grampian Police, who have been unable to locate CCTV footage of the attack, said such incidents were not uncommon.

'Whilst this is clearly a despicable act, it is still unfortunately not uncommon for racially motivated incidents to take place,' Sergeant David Forsyth said

and lets cut to the chase...where do "resident" farangs figure in the pecking order...just above or just below the Soi dogs ?

you trying to sound all intellectual, but not doing a very good job dear boy

If you wish to see yourself as a mangy soi dog, then I say 'up to you'. Not my style though,

Cutting to the chase? I'll use a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt - 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'

Many have tried - and failed.

Original Thai's came from China?? You mean the Isaan guys originated from Yunan?

Yup that's right. Go search on the Dai ethnic group of china one of the recgonized 52 minority groups of china from yunan province. They celebrate the water festival and have similar practices to the thais. The dai are the ancestors of the modern day thais.

Go search up on mongolian invasion of china and how the minorities like the dai escaped china proper from yunan and went down into south east asia.

Edited by snake24

and lets cut to the chase...where do "resident" farangs figure in the pecking order...just above or just below the Soi dogs ?

you trying to sound all intellectual, but not doing a very good job dear boy

Below the soi dogs though. That's payback for the slavery of black ppl. At least you can use the same rest rooms and get served in the same restaurants as the thais.

No superiority comes with being "pure Thai" because a) it can't be seen on one's face, B) it can't be seen in one's surname, c) wealth/power mean much more (neither the Royal Family, major politicians, nor any major business dynasty I can think of is "pure Thai"), d) there are probably very few "pure Thai" even in existence -- and the ones that do exist are probably farmers.

Next brilliant theory?

No superiority comes with being "pure Thai" because a) it can't be seen on one's face, cool.png it can't be seen in one's surname, c) wealth/power mean much more (neither the Royal Family, major politicians, nor any major business dynasty I can think of is "pure Thai"), d) there are probably very few "pure Thai" even in existence -- and the ones that do exist are probably farmers.

Next brilliant theory?

Let's not try to be anal about it but the fact of the matter is there are different thais and some can be seen from physical appearance like the dark skinned issan ppl. You can tell them apart from thais from other regions.

Original Thai's came from China?? You mean the Isaan guys originated from Yunan?

Yup that's right. Go search on the Dai ethnic group of china one of the recgonized 52 minority groups of china from yunan province. They celebrate the water festival and have similar practices to the thais. The dai are the ancestors of the modern day thais.

Go search up on mongolian invasion of china and how the minorities like the dai escaped china proper from yunan and went down into south east asia.

Utter drivel, are you seriously trying to tell us there were no Tai people living here before the Dai from Yunan arrived?

Isaan people did not originate from the same place. The Thais used to nip over the Mekong River and kidnap Laos people to work in their rice fields - hence the linguistic and cultural similarities with natives of modern Laos (if that's not an oxymoron)

Isaan people did not originate from the same place. The Thais used to nip over the Mekong River and kidnap Laos people to work in their rice fields - hence the linguistic and cultural similarities with natives of modern Laos (if that's not an oxymoron)

I don't mean issan ppl muppet.

Utter drivel, are you seriously trying to tell us there were no Tai people living here before the Dai from Yunan arrived?

dai and tai are very different and also pls there is a difference in mass migration and small numbers living there. Lame.