Hierachy of thai society based on social class/racial lines

snake24

Bit confused by OP now.

First the talks about ethnic groups and skin colors.

Then the mix with nationalities, and an example of hooliganism from a western country.

England and Scotland are 2 different nationalities, although under the same Kingdom, correct?

Hierarchy based upon where in the country one come from is just standard arrogance (Londoners tease northerners, NY'ers tease people from Ohio, etc). Not hierarchy.

Bit confused by OP now.

Then the mix with nationalities, and an example of hooliganism from a western country.

England and Scotland are 2 different nationalities, although under the same Kingdom, correct?

Hierarchy based upon where in the country one come from is just standard arrogance (Londoners tease northerners, NY'ers tease people from Ohio, etc). Not hierarchy.

Of course it isn't official. whistling.gif Lord have mercy it's just like blacks and whites in the US. On paper both are equal but everyone knows that blacks are discriminated and in some ways ppl see whites as higher up.

Just ignore snake folks.

He has a hang up on class, race and inequalities. He hails from Singapore where these things are a lot more important than other parts of the world. Narrow-mindedness seems to be a thing with him.

• Like 1

Bit confused by OP now.

Of course it isn't official. whistling.gif Lord have mercy it's just like blacks and whites in the US. On paper both are equal but everyone knows that blacks are discriminated and in some ways ppl see whites as higher up.

So please tell us.

How is the Hierarchy built up here in Thailand.

Tell us the rankings.

Just ignore snake folks.

He has a hang up on class, race and inequalities. He hails from Singapore where these things are a lot more important than other parts of the world. Narrow-mindedness seems to be a thing with him.

Singapore? That explains a lot...

I believe he had a thread one time about looking for a job here, as he loves the Thai lifestyle, but he doesnt seem to have a grasp of it.

Over in the looking for a job section I also believe he is looking for work.

As mentioned above, Sheep City, what do you expect.

Edited by rgs2001uk

I can find nothing in the opening post that suggests Snake is racist. He is just simply asking IF there is a hierarchy in Thailand regarding social class and racial lines. After all in some other countries there is. I've been led to believe that it exists in India and some of the old USSR states.

From my experiences here, lighter skin is preferred (just watch Thai TV) and from a dark skinned neighbour, she thought many people treated her with disdain because she was so dark. Also from the Thai's I have met, many Thai Chinese seem to wear that tag with honour as they believe it puts them a cut above the rest. Other than that I have no idea and more importantly, I really don't care.