Where to buy a leaf blower?

WinnieTheKhwai

The very first leaf blowers were modified seed and fertilizer applicators, Exactly like the ones all the rice farmers use in their fields.

The modification is easy.

Just remove the hopper and cover the hole found below it.

If you can't find a "Leaf Blower", get a hold of one of these, new or used and convert it.

P.S. It may be cheaper too. Leaf blowers are marked and priced for Farangs. Seed/ fertilizers are marked and priced for Thai farmers.

Have the Thai wife pick one up for you!

• Like 1

Isn't Thailand noisy enough?

No problem. It can be classified as "farang noise." Sounds good...reminds us of Home.

It's just the noises made by Thais and their animals that irritate us.

A petrol mower (lower frequency?) reminds me of home. A leaf blower is up there in annoyances with folk who use a petrol strimmer at full throttle to cut a lawn, rather than buy a lawn mower to do the job in a fraction of the time. facepalm.gif

If you can do with a small model of the real thing, there's a shop on the north side of the moat, just east of Chang Peuak Gate that has an electric blower which also reverses for vacuuming. The price is around 1,500 baht if I remember correctly.

Here's a link to the streetview of the (unnamed) store. http://goo.gl/maps/gQkBA

A petrol mower (lower frequency?) reminds me of home. A leaf blower is up there in annoyances with folk who use a petrol strimmer at full throttle to cut a lawn, rather than buy a lawn mower to do the job in a fraction of the time. facepalm.gif

Actually, if the leafs are on the lawn, the best way would be to use a decent lawn mower with a grass box. Much faster and less faffing about!

Edited by Morakot

Sympathy to neighbours of anyone with a leaf blower especially when a 40 baht bamboo rake does he same job smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

The OP has looking into clearing the commons green lined with forty oak trees. wink.png

Edited by Morakot

• 1 month later...

Well I don't know if you bought a blower yet or not but I just bought one from a place in Buriram.I've been looking on the net for ages and finally hooked up with this hardware store that is a distibutor for all the major brands and also carries some chinese models.The lowet price Makita a hand held model is 12,500 Bht and a backpack is about 24000Bht. They sourced me a chinese model Backpack with a 2 hp 2 stroke for 12,000

and I did this all by phone as I am in Nong Khai and they are in Buriram I dealt with a young lady named Miss Bee really helfull with fairly good English.They are shipping tomorrow.It's a huge hardware store and they offer discounts on poWer tools. You can contact Miss Bee at

087-6536966 if you do contact er tell her you heard about what great service she gave to Mr "M"

regards Hot Dog 1206