claiming uk pension here or uk

bedbugy

The pension increases paid to those who don't declare their domicile in Thailand are funded by tax payers, including pensioners who have declared their domicile. I don't like to read posts by people who are cheating me.

A case for pensioners who don't get increases went to the European Court and the government's policy was upheld. However, I believe that there is a pressure group still fighting this. Perhaps someone here has a link to the group's website.

http://The International Consortium of British Pensioners (ICBP)

Thanks for that.

I found this:

http://pensionjustice.org/information-centre/

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, sorry your incorrect.

If your intention is going to permanently live abroad in a Country with no reciprocal agreements with the UK you can deregister with Inland Revenue.

Any income or interest from the UK is then not taxed.

Absolute <deleted>!

You can not opt out of paying tax in the UK on money derived from the UK.

Your UK company pension, UK private pension and UK state pension are all taxed in the UK, no matter what you do.

(Of course you could put your company and private pension into a QROPs ...... which would likely lose you 20% a year on your capital, with the current bunch of crooks running most schemes)

You can't avoid UK tax on your UK pensions, anyone telling you different is a fool or a crook.

I'm not getting involved in an argument. If you believe it to be a load of '<deleted>' then so be it.

If you decide to permanently reside abroad you can deregister. No tax code, no tax reference number.

Next year I'll be resident in Thailand, receiving my tax free income from the UK.

That's a fact already confirmed by Inland Revenue.

• Like 1

If your intention is going to permanently live abroad in a Country with no reciprocal agreements with the UK you can deregister with Inland Revenue.

Absolute <deleted>!

You can not opt out of paying tax in the UK on money derived from the UK.

Your UK company pension, UK private pension and UK state pension are all taxed in the UK, no matter what you do.

(Of course you could put your company and private pension into a QROPs ...... which would likely lose you 20% a year on your capital, with the current bunch of crooks running most schemes)

You can't avoid UK tax on your UK pensions, anyone telling you different is a fool or a crook.

I'm not getting involved in an argument. If you believe it to be a load of '<deleted>' then so be it.

If you decide to permanently reside abroad you can deregister. No tax code, no tax reference number.

Next year I'll be resident in Thailand, receiving my tax free income from the UK.

That's a fact already confirmed by Inland Revenue.

You have a rude awakening coming.

I doubt for one moment that you have registered with the Thai tax authorities (where tax rates are higher) and, in any event, pensions are not included as part of the double taxation agreement.

I would like to see the written confirmation from Inland Revenue (with your personal details deleted) posted on here.

There are thousands of UK expats who would like to thing you were right, You are not.

• Like 1

I am currently on vacation in Thailand, but intend to live here permanently from early next year.

I'm only 60, so won't receive my state pension for another 5 years.

However I have already made extensive enquiries with the DWP and the Inland Revenue.

Everyone will have different circumstances and incomes, so my advise would be to do your own checks with relevant departments to see what works best for your situation.

Next year because I'm only 60 my income will come from renting my home and private pensions.

I'll register for self assessment for tax purposes.

No tax will be automatically taken from my private pension payments or home rental.

I can claim maintenance and agents costs against my total income and hopefully should break even without having to pay any tax.

When I'm 65 I'll receive my state pension and another private pension.

I can either notify them I am living in Thailand in which case my state pension will be frozen and I'll have to pay taxes, or;

I can claim exemption from the UK and pay no taxes there.

Theoretically I should then pay taxes in Thailand, but I won't tell if you don't wink.png

If you want to keep a UK address in order to get state pension increases, then you'll also pay taxes on your income.

You either make a clean break and live in Thailand or keep looking over your shoulder.

When considering where to have your money paid, either Thai or UK banks, consider interest rates.

The Thai banks offer a far better rate than UK banks.

Offshore banking is another option, although even their rates are lower than Thai banks.

If you spend more than 181 days in the UK then you can claim the current state pension.

Every 5 years or so, I'll visit family and stay to claim the current rate.

Even when I move back to Thailand that rate will continue.

There isn't any one answer to cover everyone.

You cannot claim exemption from UK tax. ANY income derived from the UK is subject to UK tax,as all of us living in Thailand well know. Your best bet is not to inform the UK authorities that you are,or intend to live in Thailand, keep an address in the UK or one of the countries where they do receive the yearly increase, therefore ensuring that you receive the yearly increase that YOU have paid for.

However you should declare this income for tax in your resident Country............but who does!

Of course you have to complete a number of forms. Inland Revenue will supply the forms.

You will not get annual pension increases.

OK, so you'll lose out by an increase of £120 to your state pension next year, but you'll save far more in not paying taxes.

None so blind as those who will not listen:-

If you're retiring abroad you need to tell HMRC. They will work out:

• your tax liability in the UK
  • whether you'll need to fill in a Self Assessment tax return
  • whether you are owed a tax refund

HMRC will send you form P85 to get any tax refund you're owed.

Once you've retired abroad, even if you're classed as being 'non-resident' for tax in the UK, you'll still pay tax on most pensions you receive from the UK.

Edited by Patronus
  • Like 2

IF, by any chance I am wrong, and you can prove it by posting the Inland Revenue written confirmation mention above, I will personally arrange for you to have a box of Chang every month for the next 12 months.(quote)

1 bent copy of written confirmation is on it's it way.coffee1.gif

Cheers.

• Like 1

I am currently on vacation in Thailand, but intend to live here permanently from early next year.

I'm only 60, so won't receive my state pension for another 5 years.

However I have already made extensive enquiries with the DWP and the Inland Revenue.

Everyone will have different circumstances and incomes, so my advise would be to do your own checks with relevant departments to see what works best for your situation.

Next year because I'm only 60 my income will come from renting my home and private pensions.

I'll register for self assessment for tax purposes.

No tax will be automatically taken from my private pension payments or home rental.

I can claim maintenance and agents costs against my total income and hopefully should break even without having to pay any tax.

When I'm 65 I'll receive my state pension and another private pension.

I can either notify them I am living in Thailand in which case my state pension will be frozen and I'll have to pay taxes, or;

I can claim exemption from the UK and pay no taxes there.

Theoretically I should then pay taxes in Thailand, but I won't tell if you don't wink.png

If you want to keep a UK address in order to get state pension increases, then you'll also pay taxes on your income.

You either make a clean break and live in Thailand or keep looking over your shoulder.

When considering where to have your money paid, either Thai or UK banks, consider interest rates.

The Thai banks offer a far better rate than UK banks.

Offshore banking is another option, although even their rates are lower than Thai banks.

If you spend more than 181 days in the UK then you can claim the current state pension.

Every 5 years or so, I'll visit family and stay to claim the current rate.

Even when I move back to Thailand that rate will continue.

There isn't any one answer to cover everyone.

You cannot claim exemption from UK tax. ANY income derived from the UK is subject to UK tax,as all of us living in Thailand well know. Your best bet is not to inform the UK authorities that you are,or intend to live in Thailand, keep an address in the UK or one of the countries where they do receive the yearly increase, therefore ensuring that you receive the yearly increase that YOU have paid for.

If your intention is going to permanently live abroad in a Country with no reciprocal agreements with the UK you can deregister with Inland Revenue.........

Of course you have to complete a number of forms. Inland Revenue will supply the forms.....

Diyer - What are these forms that you say the tax authorities will supply to 'deregister'?

I've searched the HMRC website without success looking for forms relating to 'deregister' in relation to income tax. But there are loads of forms on the website for downloading, so maybe I've just missed them. Any chance you could supply a link to the forms?

• Like 1

Please re-read my first post (#45) on this topic.

I am currently on holiday in Thailand.

Next year I will retire to Thailand but won't be in receipt of my state pension as I'm only a spring chicken yet at 60 yrs old.

My income at that time will be from house rental plus private pensions and savings.

I'll register as Self assessment.

That means I can claim expenses against housing repairs, maintenance and agents fees.

I can complete forms that prevent tax being taken at source because I'll be responsible for paying my own taxes, but my expenses will drop me below the threshold to pay any tax.

I'll be happy to provide the form details when I get back to the UK.

In 4 years I'll receive my state pension, then deregister as I've been advised by an accredited accountant and HMIR

On that score I can only state that I already know at least one expat, already resident in Thailand who has deregistered and pays no taxes on income or interest.

If he wishes to publish his facts here that is his business.

It's not a con or illegal. Maybe a loophole in the system, but I'll use it if it's there.

According to HMIR you must be present in the UK to complete the deregistering procedure.

Why? I don't know, but they were adamant about that.

(I think they possibly have to witness your signature).

How do all these overseas multi corporations trade in the UK but never pay UK taxes.

Simple! Their not registered in the UK.

Edited by diyer

Next year I will retire to Thailand but won't be in receipt of my state pension as I'm only a spring chicken yet at 60 yrs old.

My income at that time will be from house rental plus private pensions and savings.

That means I can claim expenses against housing repairs, maintenance and agents fees.

I can complete forms that prevent tax being taken at source because I'll be responsible for paying my own taxes, but my expenses will drop me below the threshold to pay any tax.

In 4 years I'll receive my state pension, then deregister as I've been advised by an accredited accountant and HMIR

On that score I can only state that I already know at least one expat, already resident in Thailand who has deregistered and pays no taxes on income or interest.

It's not a con or illegal. Maybe a loophole in the system, but I'll use it if it's there.

How do all these overseas multi corporations trade in the UK but never pay UK taxes.

Personal Tax allowance 10k

State pension 7k5

That leaves you 2k5 for your house rental income and private pension.

Doesn't seem much to me.

If you are 60 now, you have to wait until 66 for your state pension, not 4 years.

You are just wrong on everything.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

You might want to take a look at this link as it relates to index-linking. If you are "officially" resident here, it appears your pension won't be indexed-linked. Thailand does not have a social security agreement with the UK(. Better to have it paid in to a UK account (or somewhere else in the EEA) and then transfer it over.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/state-pension-for-people-living-overseas

Why would you suggest having it paid into a UK account when someone is living in Thailand ?

It is more cost effective to have the Pension Service pay to a Thai bank account.

If it is paid direct to a Thai bank account is it sent as pounds or baht from the UK?

One reason it may be better to have it paid into a UK bank would be to reduce exchange rate costs and transfer/handling fees (if any) especially if you can wait and transfer once a year rather than monthly. Also the larger the amount sent as sterling to a thai bank the better the exchange rate. Might be swings and roundabouts though!

According to HMIR you must be present in the UK to complete the deregistering procedure.

Surely at the end of the day, any income earned in the UK is taxed in the UK private citizens are not corporations! If it were as simple as de-registering for tax then I for one would have done this years ago. Why wait till you get your pension?

Also corporations pay Vat, so must be registered in some form? they also pay taxes, Just not as much as they should do.

You don't I think pay tax on your state pension as long as it is the only income you have. But you can transfer your private pensions offshore to avoid UK tax.

Personal Tax allowance 10k

State pension 7k5

That leaves you 2k5 for your house rental income and private pension.

Doesn't seem much to me.

If you are 60 now, you have to wait until 66 for your state pension, not 4 years.

You are just wrong on everything.

I currently have rental income, interest income, small private pension.

I have asked not be deducted at source on rental and interest income, on some pensions cannot. I then do a tax return ( self assessment). If my rental income is more than my allowable deductions then the surplus is assess able for uk tax, as is my gross interest income and pension.

If your combined assessable income after deductions is greater than your personal allowances then you will pay tax at the lowest prevailing income tax rate. you can deduct any tax deducted at source against your tax liability, this may result in a refund.

You are not as has been said here de- registering for tax purposes, you are merely declaring yourself non resident for income tax purposes. You are still assess able to inheritance tax on your world wide assets.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Surely at the end of the day, any income earned in the UK is taxed in the UK private citizens are not corporations! If it were as simple as de-registering for tax then I for one would have done this years ago. Why wait till you get your pension?

Also corporations pay Vat, so must be registered in some form? they also pay taxes, Just not as much as they should do.

You don't I think pay tax on your state pension as long as it is the only income you have. But you can transfer your private pensions offshore to avoid UK tax.

Just a small point, I believe only future private pensions can be transferred offshore, not pensions that you are already drawing.

If you still have a valid address you can use in the U.K, some prefer to draw their pension there. At least you still get the increments which are so unfairly disallowed if you draw your pension overseas!

• National Benefit Fraud Hotline 0800 854 440 – or 0800 678 3722 for Welsh speakers – Textphone users call 0800 328 0512
What is benefit theft? Everyone who commits benefit fraud is a benefit thief!

Many people assume that benefit theft applies only to those who are working for 'cash in hand' whilst claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance. This is not the case. All benefit theft is crime.

Benefit theft includes deliberately not telling us:

• you are now living with a partner
  • about any savings or not telling us the right amount
  • children have left home
  • you have started work, or about any earnings
  • you have inherited money
  • you are going abroad, living abroad, or have changed address.

There are no exceptions. People who knowingly withhold information or deliberately fail to report a change in their circumstances are benefit thieves. It is not ‘playing the game' – it is breaking the law!

You are responsible for keeping your claim up to date.

It’s not if we catch you, it’s when. And when we do, you could face a prison sentence.

Is a pension classed as a benefit. I didn't think that it was. It is an entitlement not a benefit.

You might want to take a look at this link as it relates to index-linking. If you are "officially" resident here, it appears your pension won't be indexed-linked. Thailand does not have a social security agreement with the UK(. Better to have it paid in to a UK account (or somewhere else in the EEA) and then transfer it over.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/state-pension-for-people-living-overseas

Why would you suggest having it paid into a UK account when someone is living in Thailand ?

It is more cost effective to have the Pension Service pay to a Thai bank account.

If it is paid direct to a Thai bank account is it sent as pounds or baht from the UK?

One reason it may be better to have it paid into a UK bank would be to reduce exchange rate costs and transfer/handling fees (if any) especially if you can wait and transfer once a year rather than monthly. Also the larger the amount sent as sterling to a thai bank the better the exchange rate. Might be swings and roundabouts though!

I think it will always be a case of swings and roundabouts.

Many people like to have their UK state pension paid direct to a Thai bank account - there are no charges from DWP and I understand that the exchange rate (I think via Bangkok Bank) is always fair.

Some people have their income paid into a UK bank and draw out via Thai ATMs - that is stupid, unless completely unavoidable.

I agree that if you can manage to fund a Thai bank account periodically then that is preferable - annually is probably best as that also has implications for those who have registered with the Thai tax authorities as it can be claimed that the income is over 12 months old and not taxable in Thailand.

Many people I know can't do that and most people need funds on a monthly basis. It is good to have a couple of options - I use Halifax to transfer to Kasikorn bank - 3 days and a fee of GBP 9.50 from Halifax. I also occasionally transfer money from HSBC to Bangkok Bank London for next day funds (charge GBP15 or GBP 20 depending on whether you take the London Baht rate or send Sterling to Bangkok for exchange there.

Several people recommend using a currency trader like HIFX.

If you still have a valid address you can use in the U.K, some prefer to draw their pension there. At least you still get the increments which are so unfairly disallowed if you draw your pension overseas!

• National Benefit Fraud Hotline 0800 854 440 – or 0800 678 3722 for Welsh speakers – Textphone users call 0800 328 0512

Many people assume that benefit theft applies only to those who are working for 'cash in hand' whilst claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance. This is not the case. All benefit theft is crime.

There are no exceptions. People who knowingly withhold information or deliberately fail to report a change in their circumstances are benefit thieves. It is not ‘playing the game' – it is breaking the law!

It’s not if we catch you, it’s when. And when we do, you could face a prison sentence.

Is a pension classed as a benefit. I didn't think that it was. It is an entitlement not a benefit.

Agree - it is not a benefit, but it is still a legal requirement to advise the authorities that you are living abroad.

Just a small point, I believe only future private pensions can be transferred offshore, not pensions that you are already drawing.

I thought that, until I read this:-

Can all British pensions be transferred into a QROPS?
Deferred pensions, pensions in drawdown (even in payment) and protected rights can all be moved into a QROPS, but you cannot transfer an annuity or final salary scheme in payment or the basic state pension.
  • Like 1

Three square meals a day sounds inviting. smile.png

Yes, and don't forget the free gym and health service. No heating/lighting bills and no harassment from the wife!

I know people in this position already. I checked these facts with an accountant and with advisors of the DWP and Inland Revenue who confirmed they are correct.

That's not to say things won't change in the future.

I think it's a disgrace that UK state pensions are not automatically increased just because you later choose to live in Thailand or elsewhere.

From what I understand this could change in the near future.

I stand corrected on this , but wasn't this denial of "Pension Increase' taken to the European Court of Human Rights in the last year or two and eventually thrown out?

I am in the same position re no increases, but also had my UK pension reduced when I came to claim it, because I had been receiving non contributory N.I. contributions based on my low or non existent earnings because I had had to stop working due to ill health, which was verifiable and proven by my records of treatment at UK specialist clinics over the years prior to moving to Thailand on health grounds. I had contributed all my life from the age of 16 and had never missed a payment, but they told me that because I had chosen to live in Thailand for the four years prior to applying for my pension aged 65 that they would not allow any of these prior payments to be accepted as contributions. I argued that I had contributed more than the required minimum percentage to obtain the full pension, but they refused to pay it, but I was told, that I could pay an additional 3,800 pounds in order to receive my full pension entitlement; which I declined to do.

I, like many other people here on the forum, think that it is unjust that we have paid Into the Pension system all of our lives only to be shxx upon when it comes to our entitlements, whilst other people can roll on into the UK never having paid a single penny into the system and claim for all kinds of 'entitlements'. Political correctness gone mad!

I thank the other posters who have given valuable info re tax in the UK and the fact that you can remove your private drawdown pension into QUROPS , which I fully intend to do now that I know about it. I don't know how many bloody battleships I bought with the horrendous

amount of tax that I paid during my working life, but I have NO intention of continuing to contribute one penny more than I legally need to to the UK's so called government. We oldies have been well and truly pixzed upon from a great height.

Another very interesting point arose when I eventually received my pension and was still arguing the reduction. I was talking to a helpful man at the overseas pensions department and he suddenly asked me " Are you Married?" and I said yes! He then said well you've not claimed for her, to which I replied that my wife who is English is 7 years younger than me and there was nothing on the original application that indicated that this was possible - at least as far as I had seen. He said that even so I was entitled to claim for her as a 'dependent' and told me to fill in the forms and send them back. He also told me that I would receive this additional 55 pounds per week backdated to the commencing date of my state pension. It transpired, that this was not the case and it was only paid from the date that they 'GRANTED' this, some 10 months later; yet another case of getting screwed. Get what you can out of them and use EVERY legal avenue to ensure that you don't pay a penny more in tax than you have to. I will certainly be revising my options now!

• Like 1

I know people in this position already. I checked these facts with an accountant and with advisors of the DWP and Inland Revenue who confirmed they are correct.

That's not to say things won't change in the future.

I think it's a disgrace that UK state pensions are not automatically increased just because you later choose to live in Thailand or elsewhere.

From what I understand this could change in the near future.

I stand corrected on this , but wasn't this denial of "Pension Increase' taken to the European Court of Human Rights in the last year or two and eventually thrown out?

I am in the same position re no increases, but also had my UK pension reduced when I came to claim it, because I had been receiving non contributory N.I. contributions based on my low or non existent earnings because I had had to stop working due to ill health, which was verifiable and proven by my records of treatment at UK specialist clinics over the years prior to moving to Thailand on health grounds. I had contributed all my life from the age of 16 and had never missed a payment, but they told me that because I had chosen to live in Thailand for the four years prior to applying for my pension aged 65 that they would not allow any of these prior payments to be accepted as contributions. I argued that I had contributed more than the required minimum percentage to obtain the full pension, but they refused to pay it, but I was told, that I could pay an additional 3,800 pounds in order to receive my full pension entitlement; which I declined to do.

I, like many other people here on the forum, think that it is unjust that we have paid Into the Pension system all of our lives only to be shxx upon when it comes to our entitlements, whilst other people can roll on into the UK never having paid a single penny into the system and claim for all kinds of 'entitlements'. Political correctness gone mad!

I thank the other posters who have given valuable info re tax in the UK and the fact that you can remove your private drawdown pension into QUROPS , which I fully intend to do now that I know about it. I don't know how many bloody battleships I bought with the horrendous

amount of tax that I paid during my working life, but I have NO intention of continuing to contribute one penny more than I legally need to to the UK's so called government. We oldies have been well and truly pixzed upon from a great height.

Another very interesting point arose when I eventually received my pension and was still arguing the reduction. I was talking to a helpful man at the overseas pensions department and he suddenly asked me " Are you Married?" and I said yes! He then said well you've not claimed for her, to which I replied that my wife who is English is 7 years younger than me and there was nothing on the original application that indicated that this was possible - at least as far as I had seen. He said that even so I was entitled to claim for her as a 'dependent' and told me to fill in the forms and send them back. He also told me that I would receive this additional 55 pounds per week backdated to the commencing date of my state pension. It transpired, that this was not the case and it was only paid from the date that they 'GRANTED' this, some 10 months later; yet another case of getting screwed. Get what you can out of them and use EVERY legal avenue to ensure that you don't pay a penny more in tax than you have to. I will certainly be revising my options now!

The problem with the State pension scheme is that, unlike private schemes, you do not build up your own fund from your contributions. Your contributions paid for other people's pensions. Your pension is paid for from current contributions. Given the state of the UK economy just now, we can expect the government to remain stubborn.

Thank you Seajai for an enlightening OP. What would happen if Centrelink decided to get nasty and every 6 months or so demanded that you attend a board of government doctors for re-assessment? Although from your description your disability does seem permanent, people do recover from ailments and disabilities and as I understand it Centrelink have every right to demand disability pension recipients be re-assessed from time to time. I would hate to think that you might have to return to Australia every so often, it sure would make a big hole in your benefits.

As someone who informed the authorities of my residence in Thailand and who subsequently receives a non indexed pension, even though I did make NI contributions for 44 yrs. I would advice the OP to keep it secret where he now lives, and to have his pension paid into his UK bank, and in doing so he will received it indexed linked.

I'm sure some people will reply that I am encouraging fraud, well in my opion and that of tens of thousand of other pensioner who are in the same situation, the British Government committed fraud when they took my Ni from me with no intention of paying me a fully indexed pension simply because I reside in Thailand.

This post keeps popping up in my head.

Whilst I have a few years to wait before claiming, I am seriously thinking of taking nontabury's advice.

Whilst I know that it is not legally correct, there is an element of 'justice' about it.

Will I get caught ? I doubt it.

If caught, will I go to prison ? Most certainly not, at worst I will have to repay over a period of time.

I have always advocated retaining an address and an apparent 'presence' in the UK. Whilst it is highly unlikely, I may choose to return to the UK one day.

• Like 1

There are many reasons to keep an address in the Uk. I have for 30 years.

I am not sure about this argument of being cheated etc..

People who move here know that the pension will be frozen yet still decide to do so, so why complain , when you made a decision that you knew what the consequences are..

Not sure many were complaining at 70 to the baht..

Pensioners come here not having contributed anything in taxes, yet use the roads facilities/ infrastructure and even government hospitals, police when necessary..

People who move here know that the pension will be frozen yet still decide to do so, so why complain , when you made a decision that you knew what the consequences are..

Pensioners come here not having contributed anything in taxes, yet use the roads facilities/ infrastructure and even government hospitals, police when necessary..

Do they pay taxes to the UK in the countries in the reciprocal agreement countries, USA etc. ?

• Like 1

Sorry! I certainly did not know of this ruling, as I think most people are unaware of it. After a couple of years living here, during which time I had stupidly informed the UK authorities of my abode, I contacted DWP to ask if I had acquired the number of years NI to be able to receive the maximum

Pension, they replied informing me that I needed another two years, again I stupidly sent them the extra money, at no time during this correspondence did they inform me that my pension would not be indexed linked. So yes I DO have the right to complain. Do you think that a private pension company would be able to get away with this, certainly not those pension companies into which the M.P's are so generously treated in their in house pension.

• Like 1

Sorry! I certainly did not know of this ruling, as I think most people are unaware of it. After a couple of years living here, during which time I had stupidly informed the UK authorities of my abode, I contacted DWP to ask if I had acquired the number of years NI to be able to receive the maximum

Pension, they replied informing me that I needed another two years, again I stupidly sent them the extra money, at no time during this correspondence did they inform me that my pension would not be indexed linked. So yes I DO have the right to complain. Do you think that a private pension company would be able to get away with this, certainly not those pension companies into which the M.P's are so generously treated in their in house pension.

I retired to Thailand 10 years ago,age 61 now,and i knew about the problems living in thailand,and not able to claim increases on my state pension.If i had to live just on my atate pension i would not be here

Forgot to mention that "YES" Pensioners do not make income tax contribution to the Thai government, unfortunately they do contribute a large amount of revenue in indirect tax.

Not many Thais pay income tax either.

VAT and import duties are the main ways Thailand collects revenue.

• Like 1